Posted On:
    9/17/2007 11:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Jazz
    Thanks for these.

Dong Sik Yoon landed one hell of a sweet armbar. Probably one of the nicest I've ever seen in a fight.

The end of Overeem vs Kharitonov was ridiculous. Poor Overeem was sprinting away and tripped into a fist.

I didn't realize that it was Kid Yamamoto fighting since I had heard he was so ultra awesome, but that fight just made me upset with all the damn ref crap going on. His opponent did look like quite a beast from the bottom, but I really wasn't that impressed.

Watching Saku like that made me kinda sad. He really looked out of it compared to what he used to be, and totally lacked anything resembling explosive movement.
    Saku is paying the price for pushing his limits for way too long. But he's still fighting smart. Doesn't rush anything, very old school, prefers to advance positions and is never satisfied with simply wailing on someone. Plus he always goes for the finish. I like Saku's fights from a grapplers perspective.

Saku isn't really out of it. He's older and his opponents are younger and definately catching up to him technically and surpassing him physically. I was sure Saku should have said game over after being mauled by Silva a dozen times. I think he's kind of screwing himself by still being in the game. But I'm still a die hard Sakuraba fan :P
    More human than human is our motto.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 12:25am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokujin
    Damn..Gesias cavalcante had Melvin on his corner during his fight against Dida...talk about beast training or something!
    Melvin has been training at American Top Team. He is a monster. Takes every class with the No Gi, Gi, getting his grappling up. Watching him train is pretty mindblowing.

But this post is about my boy JZ! On a personal note, down to earth, and a great guy!

He is in my eyes, the number one 155lber in the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 6:39am

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonillo
    Melvin has been training at American Top Team. He is a monster. Takes every class with the No Gi, Gi, getting his grappling up. Watching him train is pretty mindblowing.

But this post is about my boy JZ! On a personal note, down to earth, and a great guy!

He is in my eyes, the number one 155lber in the world!
    Melvin is training at ATT? Whow, now that's uber cool...I really hope he soakes all of the excelent grappling the team has to offer, which added with his extraordinary power will make him a force to be reckon in mma...more then now!

JZ has always be a favorite of mine, I find him explosive, strong and with excelent technique. Nothing sloppy in him, good ground game, great hands and feet...and his top control is merciless. Now that Pride's dead I hope he goes to the UFC and tear that stuff up! Tired of watching sloppy, third grade fighters slugging it out on the spotlight!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 6:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what's up with Overeem? Is he suffering with Belfort's syndrome? Cro cop disease? What?! I swear...the guy has exelent technique standing up, good hand and excelente knees, he has moderate grappling, enough to choke a bitch (or two) or scramble up...so what's his problem? His mind? His condition? No gas in the tank? It pisses me off...he had Karitonov number from the start, leg kicks, knees, he was even outboxing him from time to time and then, it's kindergarden time for Overeem! The guys takes a couple of shoots, gets fetal standing up and looks like he just don't wanna be there anymore, starts doing his Super Marios sprints on the ring and get one in the back of the head, russian style! WTF?
    The guy seriously needs to change camps...go to a place where they put the heat on him, work o his cardio and specially, work on his mind...maybe ATT or Chute Box! :wtfgif9fr

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 1:44pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatical
    Saku is paying the price for pushing his limits for way too long. But he's still fighting smart. Doesn't rush anything, very old school, prefers to advance positions and is never satisfied with simply wailing on someone. Plus he always goes for the finish. I like Saku's fights from a grapplers perspective.

Saku isn't really out of it. He's older and his opponents are younger and definately catching up to him technically and surpassing him physically. I was sure Saku should have said game over after being mauled by Silva a dozen times. I think he's kind of screwing himself by still being in the game. But I'm still a die hard Sakuraba fan :P
    Saku is definitely one of my favorite fighters of all time, which is exactly why I didn't enjoy seeing him fight in the state he was in. His face made him look sad at times, which is not what I want to see from legendary cartoon character/grappler Sakuraba. He still won it soundly once it hit the mat, but comparing the way he was moving, to the way he used to move is night and day. He used to wait for the right moment, then explode in rather spectacular fashion. I'd just prefer he quit now so I don't have to watch him get pummeled into retirement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 8:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, the refeering in Japan is something else...I was watching the Kid Yamamoto x Bibiano Fernandes fight and damn...even the japanese audience was booing because of the several restarts made by the referee...and they are usually pretty composed.
    K1 is really something else...if you're a pet fighter they will carry you on their laps for the duration of the ride, if you're not, you have to knock the other guy cold, get out of the ring and get a shotgun, shoot him in the chest a couple of times, then stab him in the heart with a wooden stake, behead the guy and bury the body in consacrated soil...and then hope the japanese referee doesn't pick up the body, place it on top of you and say you got submited!!
    And I thought football(soccer) had bad refeering in Portugal!:bduh:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 9:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holly scam Batman...it's hillarious when even Kid Yamamoto looks annoyed with the interruptions and stupid calls. Just look at his face at the second "restart", with the booing in the background...priceless!:lame:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12