Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 8:57am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kettlebells at Target

They've got 3 weights, 10, 15, and 20, if I remember correctly. $30-50. A couple of friends of mine have ones from Dragon Door, the target brand seems a little more posh, a little less sturdy. Still, it's nice to see them becoming mainstream.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 9:03am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NO WAY!!!!!

That's sweet. Do you remember how much they were by any chance?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 10:35am

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saw them at "play it again sports" as well . $ 32.00 for a 26 lb one and $ 41.00 for a 36 lb one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 1:26pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $30 for 10lb, $40 for 15lb, $50 for 20lb....

A little high in price, not enough weight, but decent for no shipping....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 2:25pm

Style: karate,judo,JJ,Aikido,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    runs about the same price at Dicks' sporting goods. They also started selling "MMA" gear.

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 2:28pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $30 for 10lbs??? What in the blue ****?

GNC had some 10lbers for like $15 each. I got two and just use them together.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 2:45pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually that's a reasonable price for what appears to be a high-quality kettlebell...and by "high quality" I mean the handle-to-bell distance. The Everlast kettlebells they sell at GNC are not recommended due the the bell sitting on the back of the wrist (on bone) when doing snatches and cleans. The Target one, at least in that picture has ample distance between the handle and bell, and they're coated which you will need for exercises that require you to hold it by the ball.

Here's where I buy mine from and believe me, there prices smoke DragonDoor:

http://www.artofstrength.com/OnlineS...8/Default.aspx

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 3:07pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10lbs kettebells for $15???? Wow, that's a bargain cuz kettlebells are usually expensive.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 7:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    10lbs kettebells for $15???? Wow, that's a bargain cuz kettlebells are usually expensive.
    It's really not a bargain...I own two of the GNCs and they aren't considered useful in kettlebell circles for a few reasons:

1) Handle thickness...the GNC/Everlast kettlebells have tiny handles. Kettlebell handles on my other kettlebells are at least twice as thick.

2) Handle to bell spacing...the close spacing on the GNC kettlebell causes it to sit right on the back of the wrist when doing snatches and cleans.

In all seriousness men who aren't completely out of shape shouldn't start with anything lighter than a 36 pounder anyway. Several kettlebell exercises actually require a heavier weight to prevent cheating...one arm swings are an example of this. The temptation to do a front shoulder raise with the kettlebell is lessened when peforming it with a heavier weight. Cleans are another great example of this. I can pull a 36 pounder off the ground with my arm...but to do the same with an 88, I'm obviously much better off performing the clean the way it's intended using legs and core...cheating is almost impossible at that type of weight (at least for me).
    Last edited by HongKongFukYu; 9/26/2007 7:24pm at .

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 8:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw one of those "Go Fit" Kettlebells at Sports Authority...and the 36 lbs version sold for $70.

WAY too much for a generic generic knock-off.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast