223738 Bullies, 4111 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 23 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 12:15pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

On a Diet? Hating Life? This is the Suppot Group Thread (confess your sins here)

I'm trying to stick to around 2k calories a day or less until I get down to 175 or so (5 lbs to go).

But last night, I cheated. Friday is normally my cheat day, but after a long Saturday of watching shitty Wing Chun videos for the benefit of you fuckers I had this conversation with myself while looking at the menu at Applebee's:

:homework: --> Applebees.

:new_puppy: Man, it's been a long day and I deserve some good food; hell, it's been a long week!
    :eusa_ange: Yes, but abs are made in the kitchen and not the gym and definitely not at Applebee's.
    :new_puppy: But it's still my cheat day!
    :eusa_ange: Friday was your cheat day.
    :new_puppy: There are 24 hours in a day!
    :eusa_ange: ...

:ninja2:

And so I ended up ordering from their "Pick Three" Menu. I had an order of two mini cheeseburgers, along with an order of two mini cheeseburgers, and then to round that out I picked the two mini cheeseburgers.

Of course, I'm regretting it this morning. And that regret has inspired me to create a thread here so that those of us who are following certain diet goals can encourage each other (misery loves company) or at very least, give each other **** when we cheat.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 12:28pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Join http://thedailyplate.com and then look up Fighter's Corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 12:36pm

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am on a diet. And doing badly thanks to friends and family. There's a restaurant here called "The Cookie Basket" or some such that we went out to recently. I was good on the plate itself (I count caloric intake and cut carbs back, but don't really pay attention to the chicken subbed for red meat thing like I did when I was going from 280 to 220 three years ago) so I had an 8 oz. steak, steamed veggies, and baked potato w/ sour cream and chives. All fit into my calorie content.

What didn't was the cinnamon bun I was forced to take home when we left. I resisted it until tonight. But boy do I feel all 1000 calories (I am estimating, it was huge, and I am not sure how much it was) hitting me right now.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 1:21pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's eating out that is the killer. If I prepare my own meals, it's more than likely I don't get enough calories. When people want to eat out, it is a lot harder to pick without it getting really boring. (Seems like a pattern so far.) For Chinese food, when everyone shares dishes, it gets complicated.

For two of the last three days, this happened to me. Chinese... Not any one dish, just the amount of food, plus a few more starchy things than I would normally want.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 1:28pm

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't eat chinese anymore. I'm a General Tso's fanatic, which is teh b4dn3wz for me. But I eat a ton of Thai food, with sticky white rice. Mostly Pad Thai, Pad Tha-lay, etc. The caloric intake there is tiny compared to chinese for me. Alot of natural sugars, yes, but those aren't taken up as much as processed, so any fructose from fruits I intake I don't really concern myself with (other than to count it towards sugar intake for the day).

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 1:37pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have some of the best Chinese food here outside of China, so there is lots of choice. When I've been in China for a few weeks at a time and eating almost entirely Chinese food, I usually lose some weight. And that is usually almost 100% eating restaurant food. The typical food is quite different from the typical North American selection. The only problem is the people want to take you out for big extravagant meals.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 1:44pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have eighty days to shed as much weight as I can. Mostly, I've been good about keeping a light dinner. I try to eat a hearty breakfast, smart lunch (gauged on whether I plan on working out), and light dinner. Oh, and also, beer brings empty calories, so I've been trying not to "party" too much.

So far, I've only done the following:

Six beers, when there was this party last Friday. Since then, I've avoided any drunkenness.

The other night, it was Rosh Hashana, a Jewish holiday celebrating the start of the Jewish year. My family is heavily secular (we don't believe in God, we don't keep kosher, we don't keep Shabbat), but we still celebrate the high holidays. Anyway, my fake cousins were over for the feast, and I kept it light with come soup, fish, and salad. We finished all the food at the feast. Then, at 2:30 in morning, everyone was asleep but my two brothers and two cousins. We ordered some Chinese food from New Hong Kong.

**** New Hong Kong! Who the hell stays open until 3:30 AM??!? It's not fair! On top of that, they have to offer huge portions of food for less than $10.00!!! We fed five people for $19.00, and had leftovers. Whoever owns that place needs to make it less tempting.

There. I cheated. This actually feels really good, this confession. I like it.

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 3:52pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try dieting when you're married to a mexican woman. I think she purposefully fattens me up to make me less attractive to the ladies. Or she just prefers fat guys, which would exolain why she married me in the first place. God bless chubby-chasers.

( For those of you who are unaware of chubby-chasers, those are the chicks that are into big guys. So next time you see some fat boy with a hot chick, don't assume he must be rich. )

poser

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 4:48pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a cookie and a slice of apple pie today :(

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 5:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost- best idea ever... well sorta...

I'm just trying to loose weight, well drop fat anyway. But i am terrible at resisting the snacks. I live on campus at uni so there are like 15 vending maching at my beck and call 24/7. And i love chocolate- i try to keep it down to once a week.
    My meals are usually pretty good as far as calories go and i'm in the gym almost every day but it's all ruined by my snacking habits when i'm bored or doing homework. *hangs head in shame*

Oh and it was my birthday yesterday... Guess what everyone gave me??

Yep chocolate. After i'd been out to dinner twice in a weekend.

I've also notice friends are no help. I tell them not to let me eat crap but they alway want me to come with them to get ice-cream or go to the movies and then buy snacks to share... Evil people they are. ;)
Page 1 of 23 1 234511 ... LastLast