Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 5:14am

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is Kat good?

I don't even know who she is? What has she done (besides being a BS poster) to deserve a fight with an undefeated Carano, poor opponents or not? Not being disrepsectful but if the Sherdog record is correct, why would an 0-1-0 fighter deserve to fight a 5-0 fighter, or do i not undestand women's mma?

People say she has fought nobody's but Carano defeated Rosi Sexton by KO, who is probably the best female fighter in the UK and is also 3-0 in Bodog with a total record of 7-1. I'm not claiming to know much at all about female MMA as it's not very accessible in the UK but i'm also pretty sure most of you guys don't know that much about it either.

Is this simply a case of internet flap-riding or am i just being naive?

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 5:33am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't buy into Sherdog and only Sherdog. And as long as it isn't a title shot, why shouldn't even a 0-1 fighter go up against a 5-0 fighter??? I am up to fight a 4-1 guy in November and technically my record is 0-1.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 5:36am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gina Carano by seduction.

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 5:46am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haven't seen the fight but I saw this on sherdog....

Mauro: "At the pre-fight press conference, Evinger said she'd rather make out with Gina Carano, but she's going to have to knock her out."

Goldberg: "And I'm not touching that one with a 25 foot pole!"

Mauro: "I'd like to touch her with a 25 centimeter one, but instead we're just calling the fight"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 6:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    Don't buy into Sherdog and only Sherdog. And as long as it isn't a title shot, why shouldn't even a 0-1 fighter go up against a 5-0 fighter??? I am up to fight a 4-1 guy in November and technically my record is 0-1.
    It's the same on MMA Universe too.

My point being, Carano is 2-0 in Elite XC now, why would they feed her a nobody when she should be progressing towards a title?

Maybe Johnson Vs Evinger then Johnson Vs Carano if she won, but until that i call BS.

Are you fighting on a big show? Smaller shows tend to work differently in my experience.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 8:26am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spirez
    Is Kat good?

I don't even know who she is? What has she done (besides being a BS poster) to deserve a fight with an undefeated Carano, poor opponents or not? Not being disrepsectful but if the Sherdog record is correct, why would an 0-1-0 fighter deserve to fight a 5-0 fighter, or do i not undestand women's mma?

People say she has fought nobody's but Carano defeated Rosi Sexton by KO, who is probably the best female fighter in the UK and is also 3-0 in Bodog with a total record of 7-1. I'm not claiming to know much at all about female MMA as it's not very accessible in the UK but i'm also pretty sure most of you guys don't know that much about it either.

Kat is not just a regular poster. She has actually competed in MMA and Muay Thai, plus IIRC, she has won 1st place at a NAGA event.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 8:38am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is Kat good?

She hasn't gone pro yet. Kat has many more fights than are listed.

Also, don't go by what the OP said. Everyone else is saying they want to see the fight. No one else is saying she sucks.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 9/18/2007 8:40am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 10:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Kat is not just a regular poster. She has actually competed in MMA and Muay Thai, plus IIRC, she has won 1st place at a NAGA event.
    Don't get me wrong, i know she's a fighter i've seen clips etc but to state that she should fight Carano when she's not even turned pro just seems like e-hype to me.

It Is Fake, I didn't see any comments from anyone, including me, that stated she sucks.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 10:25am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's one:

Quote Originally Posted by Ki-ai
    She is STILL undefeated? How the hell does she survive submissionattempts?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 10:59am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It Is Fake, I didn't see any comments from anyone, including me, that stated she sucks.
    You know what I mean. I didn't say you said it OP is the original poster. Which seems to have set you off.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast