I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 4:20am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Training + Illnesses

So lately I've been suffering a plethora of odd illnesses and I'm wondering how to keep up with my training.

Between getting a horrible tonsil infection that ALMOST required surgery, pink eye, and my heart acting up again and my body refusing the medication I take for my palpatations. I'm wondering how does one keep up training with such a silver platter of such crap?

I've lost some weight from being bed ridden and isolated from humanity and some cardio from fear of doing something active and having some sort of freak heart attack.

So, what should I do in such a situation? My doctor tells me to keep exercising and to keep in shape to keep my overall health in check. But really, how am I supposed to do that when my heart will go KABOOM at any given moment? Then my overall health will become a ****. **** that.

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 4:29am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do ashtanga yoga - looking at the hot yoga chicks will keep your mind of your illnesses.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 4:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adouglasmhor
    Do ashtanga yoga - looking at the hot yoga chicks will keep your mind of your illnesses.
    Actually, I did try yoga. It's like a really expensive version of ballet, but the chick wear more and there's more older fatter women. Seeing as I pay $0/month for ballet and all the chicks I dance with are top notch.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 4:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSHI SASHIMI
    So lately I've been suffering a plethora of odd illnesses and I'm wondering how to keep up with my training.

Between getting a horrible tonsil infection that ALMOST required surgery, pink eye, and my heart acting up again and my body refusing the medication I take for my palpatations. I'm wondering how does one keep up training with such a silver platter of such crap?

I've lost some weight from being bed ridden and isolated from humanity and some cardio from fear of doing something active and having some sort of freak heart attack.

So, what should I do in such a situation? My doctor tells me to keep exercising and to keep in shape to keep my overall health in check. But really, how am I supposed to do that when my heart will go KABOOM at any given moment? Then my overall health will become a ****. **** that.
    If your doctor tells you to exercise, then it is your choice. My suggestion is to rest for a while and take nutrition to improve the immune system. I would not want to do cardio with heart palpatations. That is why Hank Gathers died. If you want to exercise do something light like walking. BTW, how is your body refusing the medication? I'd talk to the doctor about that and get a different prescription.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 4:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JJson
    If your doctor tells you to exercise, then it is your choice. My suggestion is to rest for a while and take nutrition to improve the immune system. I would not want to do cardio with heart palpatations. That is why Hank Gathers died. If you want to exercise do something light like walking. BTW, how is your body refusing the medication? I'd talk to the doctor about that and get a different prescription.
    It's not serious enough for anything more than atenolol. But it just doesn't seem to be working. I still get the painful palpatations, and I feel like it's getting worse because I'm not being active enough. I need cardio, it's my drug.

My choice is to exercise, but I have no faith in the medication anymore, so when I take up the punching bag to do something, I'm thinking to myself, "So, if I have a heart attack here and die, would this be covered under my life insurance?"

What a shitty spot to be in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 7:56am

Style: default std

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

- Get a second opinion on your condition and your medication

- How much rest are you getting?

- How's your diet? are you eating enough and well?

- Are you taking any other medications?

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 12:34pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Whats wrong with your heart?

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 12:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Jubo NOOB, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Easy walking is always good. Avoid stairs if you're worried about you're heart.
    Ever tried pilates? very good for core strength, can be demanding though.
    When i'm sick, like with a chest cough etc, I just tend to ease down intesity of training.
    Do you use weights and things? They're usually nice to do when a chest infection has my cardio under lock and key.

Dude, heart problems = the suxxors. I feel for you man.

(note: i'm hardly qualified- thats just a general knowlege from growing up around nurses and hospitals/old peoples homes my whole life.)

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 1:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrt
    - Get a second opinion on your condition and your medication

- How much rest are you getting?

- How's your diet? are you eating enough and well?

- Are you taking any other medications?
    Something is keeping me from sleeping. I get roughly 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Note that I'm up and on here until about 3-4am. My diet is alright, I eat about twice a day. And no other meds except for the occasional tylenol.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    Whats wrong with your heart?
    Palpatations and angina-esque problems. Just something genetic I'm told. Nothing a defibulator can't solve.

Quote Originally Posted by syberia
    Easy walking is always good. Avoid stairs if you're worried about you're heart.
    Ever tried pilates? very good for core strength, can be demanding though.
    When i'm sick, like with a chest cough etc, I just tend to ease down intesity of training.
    Do you use weights and things? They're usually nice to do when a chest infection has my cardio under lock and key.

Dude, heart problems = the suxxors. I feel for you man.

(note: i'm hardly qualified- thats just a general knowlege from growing up around nurses and hospitals/old peoples homes my whole life.)
    I wish I could just ease down the training, but I'm a very athletic person and doing "light" workouts does absolutely jack **** for me.

I've done pilates, but again, it's just really expensive Ballet for me. I think I'll give it a shot though. If I go out, I'll go out with style.

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 1:46pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something is keeping me from sleeping. I get roughly 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Note that I'm up and on here until about 3-4am. My diet is alright, I eat about twice a day. And no other meds except for the occasional tylenol.

Palpatations and angina-esque problems. Just something genetic I'm told. Nothing a defibulator can't solve.

I wish I could just ease down the training, but I'm a very athletic person and doing "light" workouts does absolutely jack **** for me.

I've done pilates, but again, it's just really expensive Ballet for me. I think I'll give it a shot though. If I go out, I'll go out with style.
    Internet medical advice is worth exactly what you pay for it.

That said, eating twice a day is not enough for someone doing heavy training of any kind.

What's your weight been doing?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast