Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 9:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

is frank shamrock over rated?

trying to see what everybody else feels about this.....after the long layoff competitionis stronger.. like to hear your opinion....peace

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 10:21am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't know, he has not fought much. He is a good fighter but not sure where he should be ranked. Would know better if he fought someone in top 10....

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 10:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does a bear.......wait he is a good fighter definitely up at the top, but not one of the greats if you get my meaning.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 1:54pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's good, but not as good as HE thinks or says he is. Hope that clears things up. I want Frank vs Cung Le now!

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 2:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank is big headed and likes to say he's undefeated a lot.... well he's not, but he is very good. he's overated depending on who you ask, but his fight with Renzo made me lose a lot of respect for him.

He even lost this fight vvvvv but i guess pancrase doesn't count?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 2:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Purely an armchair quarterback type opinion here but, Frank has put himself up on a pedestal and has stood atop there for many years. At this point in time in the sport I think most of the sport may have passed his self-erected pedestal by.

A few years ago when you heard "hey Frank told Dana to go **** himself unless the UFC is willing to give him $1 million and a title shot right away" I thought "hell, Franks pretty damn good and he can push for that." Now, particularly after is crappy sportsman display against Renzo, both pre and post fight, he should be happy to get a shot at climbing the ladder (albeit, maybe a shorter ladder) to a title shot like every other fighter.

Hell, at this point in time I definitely wouldn't put him in the top 10 middleweights; and I probably wouldn't put him in the top 20. Frank needs to hop down off the pedestal and earn some grass roots blood and sweat respect.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 2:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Purely an armchair quarterback type opinion here but, Frank has put himself up on a pedestal and has stood atop there for many years. At this point in time in the sport I think most of the sport may have passed his self-erected pedestal by.

A few years ago when you heard "hey Frank told Dana to go **** himself unless the UFC is willing to give him $1 million and a title shot right away" I thought "hell, Franks pretty damn good and he can push for that." Now, particularly after is crappy sportsman display against Renzo, both pre and post fight, he should be happy to get a shot at climbing the ladder (albeit, maybe a shorter ladder) to a title shot like every other fighter.

Hell, at this point in time I definitely wouldn't put him in the top 10 middleweights; and I probably wouldn't put him in the top 20. Frank needs to hop down off the pedestal and earn some grass roots blood and sweat respect.
    good post. x's 2

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 2:28pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank would easily rank in the top 5 of the world back in his day, but as far as today goes, I dont know how he would stack up against the top fighters of today. As everyone else in here has been saying, he needs to check that ego of his.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 2:34pm

Style: not training/injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank definitely has talent and physical ability, but he hasn't had a win over a notable oppenent in a long time, and as mentioned, the fight against Renzo was a disgrace. Frank is rated highest in his own mind, but in reality, at this point he seems to be a has-been.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 10:05pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't give a **** if he was, hypotheticaly speaking only, El Numero Uno total 100% bar nun the best. He's still a total douchebag. Last notable person he fought was Renzo, and even at that Renzo isn't at the top of the pile anymore, and he had to cheat. Which ultimatly led to his DQ. He's a world class fighter but his ability is over shadowed by the fact that he's a world class asshole.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast