Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 4:10pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Remco Pardoel. ****, you gotta love those elbows to Weit's head.

Whatever happened to Scott Morris???
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 5:09pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Apologies for hating on Fred Ettish, that is what you get when you judge someone based on highlight reels on youtube I guess. Is it still okay to make fun of Art Jimmerson?
    Yes it is. Ettish is really classy guy, I get defensive about that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 5:13pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Remco Pardoel. ****, you gotta love those elbows to Weit's head.

Whatever happened to Scott Morris???
    www.Askaninja.com

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the heck?????? :icon_conf
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 5:43pm

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Joe Son was in Austin Powers.

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 6:01pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Yes it is. Ettish is really classy guy, I get defensive about that.
    Yeah, I feel that harshing on some guy like that is bullshit, because back then, there was Judo and Kickboxing and so on, and plenty of people that are going "ha, ha" were taking bullshido and were lucky enough not to get there ass kicked BEFORE they trained the deadly BJJ or Muay Thai. Ettish took the fall for a lot of other people, and he had the nerve to get in there, which, in hindsight, was foolish, but he had the courage or his convictions, which is more than I can say for most people.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 6:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Drgon
    Manny Yarborough went to Japan to live at a sumo stable, balooned to over 800 pounds, retired and is now running an anti-obesity campaign in the US. There was an article on him recently somewhere.

Fred Etish was unfortunate to become a suckage icon, I agree with Omega, he lost but so had many other guys. He was one of those that actually picked up MMA program for their gyms.

Tomas

Yarborough fought and got pwned in Pride too. I forgot what lightweight kicked his ass over there, but he did alright for himself.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 10:57pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    Yeah, I feel that harshing on some guy like that is bullshit, because back then, there was Judo and Kickboxing and so on, and plenty of people that are going "ha, ha" were taking bullshido and were lucky enough not to get there ass kicked BEFORE they trained the deadly BJJ or Muay Thai. Ettish took the fall for a lot of other people, and he had the nerve to get in there, which, in hindsight, was foolish, but he had the courage or his convictions, which is more than I can say for most people.
    Also worth noting is that Ettish was a last minute replacement who hadn't actually expected or intended to fight that night. Not that he wouldn't have gotten his ass handed to him anyway, but it takes stones to step into basically a completely no rules streetfight on a couple minutes notice.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 11:01pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Triangles
    Yarborough fought and got pwned in Pride too. I forgot what lightweight kicked his ass over there, but he did alright for himself.
    Daiju Takase, who is like the Liborio of Japan; well known as one of the greatest grapplers ever in training, but rarely performing up to his potential in competition. Mainly known for being Anderson Silva's most completely one-sided loss.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 11:28pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to know what happened to Harold Howard. His entourage looked like The Trailerpark Boys and he was working on incorporating his Karate back into his Jujitsu. I wonder how that worked out.

I was rooting for him, but it didn't work out so well after the match where Royce threw in the towel. Apparently he did a Vale Tudo match after that.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...p?FighterID=41
    Last edited by meataxe; 9/14/2007 11:32pm at .
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast