Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 1:30pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow... Breathtaking.

My favorite part: in that first video, the first intertitle we see reads, "Bujinkan Ginrei Dojos is Realistic Training." This is shortly followed by, "Understanding Armour."

Thank God for that-- you know, it's a shame how few MMA gyms and Karate-dojo teach lessons on dealing with opponents in full Odoshi armor. Seriously, how can they claim to teach realistic self-defense when they won't even touch on the every-day occurrence of being attacked by Samurai Warriors?!? If you wanna learn REAL self-defense, you gotta learn the Booj.

--Joe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 1:44pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia the Invincible
    Hosaku

And it kills the ide about never going to the ground. But the Buji at MAP aren't going worry about facts. They also talk about how bad competition is but forget the Takamatsu actually competed in JJ shiai.
    And he trained other competitors as well. Akimoto Fumio for example, studied seriously with Takamatus and took part in competative fighting between Jujutsu schools and eventually sought and gained rank in Judo as well.

But again, no wants to disturb the deluded ninjas with facts, especially not facts about Takamatsu. It does make me think a "Takamatsu is laughing at you" pic contest might be in order.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 1:48pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or that fact that Takamastu "injuries" were cause by challenge (sparring) matches.

However, I once had a bujinkan tell me that "takamatsu sparred to see what work. Therefore we don't have to spar , takamatsu did it for us!" So that might be the new party line.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 2:10pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bosco
    Now after lurking around here for some time I have discovered Bujinkan (Japanese Ninjutsu I take it) does not have alot of respect. The usual stuff. Unrealistic teachings. Training against compliant partners and no sparring. I understand that.

But have a look at these clips. Trained properly, can the Bujinkan be effective ? I mean, they do compliant drill work in Judo with Ichikomi. We do compiant technique drills in wrestling when learning something new. Can this work in conjunction with sparring ?
    Uchikomi. And there is nothing compliant when you are the uke and you get when thrown well a dozen of times.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 3:34pm

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    Or that fact that Takamastu "injuries" were cause by challenge (sparring) matches.
    I'll do you one better Plas, with something Kusa posted over on MAP

http://www.genbukan.org/cgi-bin/site.pl?Kimura_Masaji

Kimura lived to the age of 99. At the age of 17, he joined the Dojo of Takamatsu who at this time was teaching Jujutsu of the Takagi Yoshin lineage, and the famous Kukishin ryu Bojutsu. Takamatsu had only three rules for his students at this time: no liquor, no smoking, and no fighting.

Living close by, Kimura was able to train almost everyday with Takamatsu. It is possible that no other student of Takamatsu has had more training with the Grandmaster. During these early years, Kimura would often spar with Takamatsu. At the age of 36, Kimura received from Takamatsu menkyo kaiden in Jujutsu and Bojutsu.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Takamatsu's rules are funny because he smoked.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 4:29pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boy, wouldn't it be great if some impetuous westerners developed traditional Koryu Jujutsu further by adding sparring and a set of competition rules?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 4:37pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He definately smoked in his old age but who knows what he was doing during the earlier years when he was more of a professional martial artist/fighter and less of a retired restaurant owner.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 4:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz
    He definately smoked in his old age but who knows what he was doing during the earlier years when he was more of a professional martial artist/fighter and less of a retired restaurant owner.
    IIRC there was a story about him sitting around smoking a cigar when his fathers match factory caught on fire. I think he was in his late teens at this time. Besides most pple don't take up smoking late in life its usually a long time habit.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 7:14pm

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm...seems the "do as I say and not as I do" method is international.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast