Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 7:33pm

Style: Wrestling & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Virus & Co.These Bujinkan Clips.

Now after lurking around here for some time I have discovered Bujinkan (Japanese Ninjutsu I take it) does not have alot of respect. The usual stuff. Unrealistic teachings. Training against compliant partners and no sparring. I understand that.

But have a look at these clips. Trained properly, can the Bujinkan be effective ? I mean, they do compliant drill work in Judo with Ichikomi. We do compiant technique drills in wrestling when learning something new. Can this work in conjunction with sparring ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1vbo...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjX4j...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFfTM...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEFpi...related&search=

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 7:38pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bosco
    Can this work in conjunction with sparring ?
    only if the persons sparring wear slippers, black gi's, and spar to horrid 80's music

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 7:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bosco
    But have a look at these clips. Trained properly, can the Bujinkan be effective ? I mean, they do compliant drill work in Judo with Ichikomi. We do compiant technique drills in wrestling when learning something new. Can this work in conjunction with sparring ?
    A few points:

- If you are really training it properly, it won't resemble bujinkan anymore. It will resemble MMA with a gi. Go and watch the few bujinkan sparring vids out there and you will see.

- There's a difference between uchikomi reps and bujinkan wrist twists and finger pokes. The judo techniques perform.

- hohum. Some vids of ninjers doing compliant leglocks and noob sweeps. I'm impressed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 8:29pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all: Yes, if you spar, it'll turn out to be better. If somebody really understands the science of fighting, it'll even be good.

The techniques in those videos are better than those in most Bujinkan schools. It wasn't sparring, though. It was still compliant. Also, it mostly looked like grappling (guillotine choke, ankle sweep, kneebars, RNC). I used to induldge in the Booj, and my instructor used to be a kickboxer, so it was a cross between Aikido and kickboxing. Again, it was better than most Booj schools, but it's still Booj, and a lot of the stuff was still crap. Better is not good.

And yes, in Wrestling we do compliant drills, but we follow that up with some live wrestling. And we also do non-compliant drills, where one person tries to pull a technique, and the other person resists but doesn't counter. What's more important, though, is that we do live wrestling. Yes, compliant drilling is important to learning techniques, but sparring/rolling/competing/wrestling/str33tfights are important to learning how to fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 8:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, you left out this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FNF7yOxiiI

Edit: I forgot to add flavor text: This kind of thing was the main reason I left the Booj. This kind of technique, where you assume the other person won't step back, 'cus... they won't. They just won't.

Second edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    - If you are really training it properly, it won't resemble bujinkan anymore. It will resemble MMA with a gi. Go and watch the few bujinkan sparring vids out there and you will see.
    True. Check out this guy: http://youtube.com/user/constellationcancer
    Last edited by Uri Shatil; 9/13/2007 9:03pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 8:34pm

Style: Proudly Shaolin Do.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bujinkan will always suck, get over it and go do push ups

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 8:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Tao
    I joined this cool website called Bullshido, and I agree with the general concensus on the website on anything without having any first or second-hand experience to back up my opinions. BJJ rulez.
    Yeah, we could tell.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 10:13pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Virus once treated me to the battlefield origin of pulling guard. Apparently it's a Koryu sword disarming technique, called Fubi or Hissaku.

I plan to write an article about Samurai jumping guard and collar choking each other someday.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 10:51pm

Style: Wrestling & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uri Shatil
    First of all: Yes, if you spar, it'll turn out to be better. If somebody really understands the science of fighting, it'll even be good.

The techniques in those videos are better than those in most Bujinkan schools. It wasn't sparring, though. It was still compliant. Also, it mostly looked like grappling (guillotine choke, ankle sweep, kneebars, RNC). I used to induldge in the Booj, and my instructor used to be a kickboxer, so it was a cross between Aikido and kickboxing. Again, it was better than most Booj schools, but it's still Booj, and a lot of the stuff was still crap. Better is not good.

And yes, in Wrestling we do compliant drills, but we follow that up with some live wrestling. And we also do non-compliant drills, where one person tries to pull a technique, and the other person resists but doesn't counter. What's more important, though, is that we do live wrestling. Yes, compliant drilling is important to learning techniques, but sparring/rolling/competing/wrestling/str33tfights are important to learning how to fight.
    Yeah, I can relate to that. Some compliant drills are fine. Espcially when learning somehing new. Just as long as you back it up with live sparring. That's the key. I can see where that is where systems like Bujinkan and Aikido fall down.

I can see Virus's point too. When they do sparring it probably turns into Kickboxing and Wrestling or Kickboxing and Jui Jutsu anyway.

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 4:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    Virus once treated me to the battlefield origin of pulling guard. Apparently it's a Koryu sword disarming technique, called Fubi or Hissaku.
    That wasn't me. You're probably thinking of pl4sm3r.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast