Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 5:19pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Stealing Techniques from Video games, yeah, laugh at me

It was a summer day, at a 24 hour fitness center my best buddy worked at, The man had no martial arts experience, just on tough dude trying to make it through life at the time. I mean, this guy is TOUGH mentally and physically, later on in college, he is the only person I knew who can sit there, for two whole days like a statue, forcing himself to study, ignoring hungry and fatigue. Although I didn't see the fight itself, I heard about it from the employees the next day. Some testosterone, steroid using freak was getting in my buddy's face over something really stupid (Asking him not to spit on the floor of the center for one thing). It escalated, with a shove, next thing you know, my buddy responded by grabbing the dude's hair, and started sending knees to the dude's face until the other staff members got there and broke it up. Later that week, when we were gettin drunk, I asked him where he learned to naturally do that. His response: "Double Dragon, I **** you not! All the **** I know about fighting, I take from there!".

Who can forget the first Double Dragon? The more hearts and experience you get the more moves you can do. Remember grabbing the enemie's head and kneeing it when you have 4 hearts? Out numbered? Try using baseball bats, dynamites, rocks. Even if the enemy is a LADY, you still punch her ass in the face, grab her and throw her. No "honor", it was grisly for its time.
    I am not talking about learning whole katas, Fire balls, 8867699 hit combos here. I am taking about keeping your mind open, and when you see something, you thought "Oh ****, that might work" and then investigated it, read about it, and asked around for input and finding out how to do it yourself. Simple stuff like a head butt you used to bloody that school bully that got in your face. Come on, there are games out there that influence how you might fight a bit sometimes, Who's got the guts to step up and admit it?

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 5:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bubble Bobble. I turned into a small chubby dragon this one time when I heard some annoying music.
    Fo reals.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 5:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Remember that film The Last Starfighter, where that kid is so good at a video game he gets recruited into an intergalactic version of Top Gun only without Tom Cruise being a gay? Well I didn't do that.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 6:41pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually first developed my version of the superman punch before it became popular in MMA after watching some kung fu movie. At first everybody thought it was stupid even though I was tagging people with it (and the people that criticized couldn't even do it right). Now that its popular nobody gives me ****, and they talk about how we did that at my school before it was big in MMA (I recognize I did not invent it and you can find examples of it in the 60s and probably earlier, but at the time I didn't know that).

Also, the OP has a suspiciously chun-like writing style.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 6:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WMA, Suio Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything I learned about fighting with weapons came from the Highlander TV series. This one time I was in class and a guy kicked the door in with a huge axe and I parried it in one move, did a somersault behind him and cut his head off with the Masamune katana I had hidden in my trenchcoat. I then yelled "There can be only ooonnne, ************!"

The ladies were of course, all up ons after that incident.

Getting fighting moves from a video game is kind of like.... well, kind of like getting fighting moves from a video game. Gay.:jerkit2yf

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 7:35pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knew a guy who learned a takedown from Def Jam: Fight for New York (is that the one? The second fighting game about hip-hop stars). It worked several times in a row on me before I asked him to explain it, so it seemed fairly effective.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 8:13pm

Style: Oyoma Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I learned how to love again after playing Banjo-Kazooie.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 8:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bestiality? Ewww....

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 8:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frogger taught me the most important lesson of my life:

Left, up, left, left, up, right, down, up, left, right, right, left, up, down, down. right, up, up and of course up.

I'll never forget it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 9:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Street Fighter II. My entire philosophy about fighting has a base in that game. I'm an expert in the the fighting styles of Vega, E.Honda....... And Blanka. One thing the average RBSD course doesn't take into account is the possibility that you could be attacked by a green mutant that shoots electricity. Unlike them, I am prepared for that situation.

Flying headbutt? Spinning power-bomb? I got that **** down. I tell you, you definatly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of my Death by a Thousand Slaps move.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast