Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    2/17/2008 7:56pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Miscend, I've studied PFS, Paul Vunak's system. A few traps & a straight blast does not Wing Chun make. Wing Chun does not form the base of PFS. Your argument fails because you do not know what you're talking about.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/17/2008 8:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    Miscend, I've studied PFS, Paul Vunak's system. A few traps & a straight blast does not Wing Chun make. Wing Chun does not form the base of PFS. Your argument fails because you do not know what you're talking about.
    Explain yourself how can Wing Chun techniques not be Wing Chun? I know what i'm talking about and I always back my **** up, so explain yourself because your clearly contradicting what Vunak's own website states explicitly. Wing Chun is a part of Vunak's program there is no argument there. You're just playing stupid that's all.

"We now segway into the Wing Chun phase of my program most of this work is done blindfolded and you and I now perform energy drills with each other. This energy that I am referring to was passed down from Bruce Lee to Dan Inosanto to myself to you Through Chi Sao."
    http://www.fighting.net/pfs_training.html

Contains "Bruce Lee’s six most effective Wing Chun moves."
    http://enigmavideo.net/
    Last edited by miscend; 2/17/2008 9:00pm at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    2/17/2008 9:27pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taking a few moves & some ideas from a system does not mean teaching that system.

If that was the case then Taekwondo would be White Crane Kung Fu.

You don't learn Wing Chun in FPS. You learn vertical punching. You learn trapping. You learn the straight blast. There's no Chun footwork. The overall strategy is different. There's no Chun forms. Using a Chun trap to a Muay Thai shin kick paired with a Kali destruction, followed by a sweep to a Xingyi strike does not mean I do Wing Chun, Muay Thai, Kali, & Xingyi.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 4:46am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miscend
    I'm not aware that you need to be a certified by any organisation to teach WC. All that is required is that you know the complete system and can prove your lineage... ...Wing Chun is just Chinese boxing - "Wing Chun Kuen". You don't need to belong to any particular organization to teach Wing Chun.
    How on earth can one learn the "complete system" if not by belonging to a school/system/master?

You stay and learn - might end up leaving the school/being thrown out, though... ;-)

When you claim to teach a well known martial art, you should have a certificate that allows you to do that, IMO. You wouldn't go and learn driving, shooting a gun or flying an aeroplane from somebody who is not a certified instructor, would you?
    The certificate saying you've been officially assigned as teacher of given system should be the one of the basic proofs of that you actually studied the system under somebody relevant - thus you are able to continue the tradition.

Maybe you could explain to us your views of what gives somebody the authority to teach something?

Let's say a multiple cage fighting champion has the authority (if not automatically the talent or ability) to teach MMA. Most traditional MA instructors don't have cage fighting titles, instead they have documents proving they have huge experience in their field.

You can train in your backyard with somebody who's got (more) experience (than you) with different martial arts and consider that martial arts training or wing chun training if you like. But it's like buying insulin from an unknown street-dealer in a bad neighborhood when you can get it in a hospital, from a secure source and a certified professional.

Also, regarding this part of your reply:
    The Wing Chun I learnt has joint manipulations, take-downs and even continuing on to ground grappling (if necessary) from the Chi Sau position.
    Video, please... It helps to understand you much better. Thanks.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 3:36pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Wing Chun has Ving Tsun in it.
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243