Posted On:
    9/16/2007 11:55pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    colbert for the win. he has surpassed stewart
    You are a non-loyalist. You must burn.

Colbert tends to make a fool of the people he's interviewing, as where on the Daily Show they tend to make a fool of the interviewer. Also, Colbert is fueled largely by inside jokes, as where anyone can enjoy the Daily Show. Most importantly, Colbert plays a character, which is limiting and often preempts serious discussion. The only serious discussion I saw on Colbert was in the early days, when he and a guest seriously discussed the concept of truthiness- creating a world where what one wants to believe is true as opposed to what is actually factual is true. And you can't forget that the Daily Show has a pretty colorful and varied cast, but Colbert is just one guy.

They're both very funny and brilliant shows, and it's a bit of a toss-up, but I'd have to say that John Stewart takes the cake.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 12:36am

Style: TKD, Boxing & SW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Old timers (not all alive) vs New boys

Old codgers:
    Bruce Willis
    Arnold
    John Wayne
    Slyvester Stallone
    Charles Bronson
    Jackie Chan
    Bruce Lee
    Dolph Lungrad
    Coach- Keith Hackney

New prettyboys:
    Brad Pitt (a highly conditioned person oddly)
    Jason Stadtham
    Jet Li
    Tony Jaa
    Edward Norton (recieves nomination for fight club and american history x)
    Russel Crowe (i don't care if he's old, he continues to kick ass!!!!!!!!)
    Wesley Snipes
    Vinnie Jones
    Coach- GSP

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 12:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uri Shatil

Colbert tends to make a fool of the people he's interviewing, as where on the Daily Show they tend to make a fool of the interviewer. Also, Colbert is fueled largely by inside jokes, as where anyone can enjoy the Daily Show. Most importantly, Colbert plays a character, which is limiting and often preempts serious discussion. The only serious discussion I saw on Colbert was in the early days, when he and a guest seriously discussed the concept of truthiness- creating a world where what one wants to believe is true as opposed to what is actually factual is true. And you can't forget that the Daily Show has a pretty colorful and varied cast, but Colbert is just one guy.

They're both very funny and brilliant shows, and it's a bit of a toss-up, but I'd have to say that John Stewart takes the cake.
    Colbert was at his peak on the daily show and just after starting his show. He kinda went down hill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 12:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Colbert was at his peak on the daily show and just after starting his show (well his absolute peak was at the white house press dinner but thats another story). He kinda went down hill.

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 11:21am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Damn you Pwned me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2007 5:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Van Damme and Seagal as the coaches. And we'd definitely need Ron Jeremey, representing teh deadly ing un.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456