Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 6:47am

Style: BJJ, bad MT, ringworm fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was thinking the typo thing too. Then i noticed this from one of the reviews:

However, Seleem himself then goes on to claim without any basis in fact that the Egyptians originated in Atlantis, from where they emigrated to Egypt in 50,509 BC, and on their arrival built the pyramids at Giza. The evidence for this theory is unclear, and puts the date of the Giza pyramids some 45,500 years before the more commonly held view of the Fourth Dynasty.
    They didn't emigrate from Atlantis on 50500 BC or 50510 BC, but 50509 BC exactly (more precisely June 15th 50509 at 2:34 PM, although at that time June was known by the hieroglyphs bird, foot, squiggly line, crocodile) (ok i made that last part up).

So i'm thinking maybe he's just nuts and really thinks the lineage is 45,000 years old. Perhaps adding fuel to the "he's nuts" thing:

Egyptologists reading this need not think they are alone in exacting Dr Seleem’s scorn – it seems we are up there with Darwin, Marx and Freud in extolling wrong and possibly evil ideas. Bizarrely, the number zero is also singled out as being "evil", so perhaps accountants can also be added to the list.
    So Plato is right, and Darwin is wrong? Because ancient egyptian knowledge of medicine, science etc > modern knowledge of these things. The guy is clearly insane. I'm surprised he didn't list George Washington, Gandhi and Pope John Paul II as more of the initiates of this crap.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 8:35am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if I still have that old Black Belt magazine with the Sebekkha article in a box somewhere ...

poser

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 8:38am

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Atlantis never existed.
    2. Yes, people had begun settling along the Nile as early as the Pleistocene epoch (which spanned from 1,808,000 to 11,550 BP, or from 1,806,050 to 9,600 BCE), and they did so by around 40,000 years ago, but they were primitive, nomadic hunter-gatherers, who likely had no form of writing and only primitive language. The idea that these people could have deliberately developed any kind of specifc fighting system, which was then passed down intact to the modern day, is ludicrous.
    3. The system's name is derived from Egyptian mythology, and these people likely had no religion at all until after the Neolithic Revolution.
    4. The pyramid thing is just ridiculous.

Still bullshit.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 8:47am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never personally read of a particular martial art taught to Pharoes in Egypt. I've read decently about the history, and in my understanding Pharos were well guarded and looked after. The families of Pharos changed and the Upper and Lower kingdom merged and separated a whole lot. Lineages were demolished all together. Going that far back with an unbroken line of that being taught to all of them? Basically impossible.

I'll see if i can find some references for that, i dont want to have to type out my damn history book...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 9:04am

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A 45,000 year old martial art! Presumably the weapons they teach are flint axe and sharp stick? Given they ancient Egyptians forgot to pass on some fairly important secrets in their culture such as hieroglyphics, pyramid building and mummification, then you've got to doubt the possibility that this martial was passed on via Pythagoras!

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 9:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And he's never going to be able to really prove it i dont think. SO little is know about the Old Kingdoms Politics on occasion. And so much of there history was written in view of the god that i think it would be hard to glean much. He may be teaching thing of actual value, but his "Egyptian Lineage" is just ridiculous. That being said if he does provide proof then i will change my mind...

poser

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 9:23am

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It doesn't matter how good Sebekkha really is. The man is a liar, insane, or both.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 10:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fair call.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 3:32pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, the Atlantean myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_Race

Realize that this is someone who truly believes Blavatsky's writings, and hasn't been told.....
    *cough* she was a fraud.

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 3:56pm

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you guys think any money could be made marketing a Sumerian martial art?

I would call it
    Garadume-Do.

Gu'me-Do for short.
    Last edited by NJM; 9/16/2007 4:42pm at .
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast