Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 9:57pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It be noted that the 7 habits only form the most basic structure for the entire Precision Nutrition program and the whole starchy carbs after exercise only thing is really only a rule for people concerned about fat loss and theres a greater allowance for other types of PN users. It's kinda complicated and to get the full reading you'd have to pick up PN.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 11:49pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Starchy carbs should be nixed no matter what. Most of your carbs should come from fibrous greens like brocolli and for whole-wheat products.
    True that. :godtroll: This study got a lot of attention:

March 2, 2006 Eating potatoes is associated with an increased risk for developing type 2 diabetes, according to the results of a prospective study reported in the February issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
    "The role of potatoes in a diet aimed at reducing the burden of chronic disease has been controversial," write Thomas L. Halton, MD, from Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Mass, and colleagues. "Potatoes, a high glycemic form of carbohydrate, are hypothesized to increase insulin resistance and risk of type 2 diabetes."
    During the study, 4496 participants were diagnosed as having type 2 diabetes. After adjustment for age and dietary and nondietary factors, potato and french fry consumption were both positively associated with risk for type 2 diabetes.

"Our findings suggest a modest positive association between the consumption of potatoes and the risk of type 2 diabetes in women," the authors write. "This association was more pronounced when potatoes were substituted for whole grains."
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/524648

Quote Originally Posted by spirez
    Does **** loads of veg still constitute a low-carb diet? Are you referring to any carbs or just starchy carbs?
    It depends on the diet, but if you're doing a diet that's based on grams of carbs, period, you have to look at the stats for the fruits and veggies in question. Potatoes, bannanas, yams, corn, squash will be off limits for someone who is doing very low carb. Cucumbers, lettuce, celery, zucchini, or a small amount of melon or strawberries you can get away with on atkin's induction phase or anabolic during the week.

It depends which diet you're looking at and what your goals are, first and foremost.

This has some info on the glycemic index and glycemic load of some foods, another important way to look at the issue (ie. watermelon has a high glycemic index, but a low glycemic load)
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...51&postcount=1

This has some good info on the anabolic diet, which I like a lot:
    http://www.impulseadventure.com/weights/hifat.html

:car8: **** it's the carb police put that fucking bagel under the seat dude.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 8:20am

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not on a diet in the sense of the word that means to lose weight. Let's call it a nutritional programme and my main goal is high energy levels and good recovery after workouts. I'm doing over 10 hours of BJJ per week as well as a bit of conditioning/weights etc so am just looking to keep myself ticking over nicely.

The example diet programme i posted is actually for gaining lean muscle.

Eventually i will need to drop from 73kg to 70kg and i'm already at around 10% BF so am guessing that i'll need to lose a bit of muscle?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 9:27am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How soon do you need to drop that weight dude?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2007 9:46am

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Within the next 6 months i'd say, nothing too urgent.

It's so that i can compete in semi-pro MMA at a weight suitable for me. You have to weigh in on the day at these events so cutting water's not an option unfortunately. Here's Berardi's diet for fat loss that follows the same principles of that no nonsense nutrition regime.

Meal #1:
    2 cups egg whites
    1 cup spinach
    1 slice cheese
    cup pineapple
    3 fish oil capsules
    To drink:
    1 cup green tea with lemon
    2 cups water

Meal #2:
    4 oz grilled chicken breast
    1 cup spinach
    red pepper, sliced
    cup onion, sliced
    1 tbsp flax oil
    1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
    To drink:
    2 cups water

Meal #3:
    6 oz grilled extra lean beef
    1 cup spinach
    1 cup carrots
    4 tbsp walnuts
    1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
    1 piece fruit (e.g., 1 whole apple, pear, orange, etc)
    3 fish oil capsules
    To drink:
    2 cups water

Meal #4:
    4 oz grilled chicken breast
    1 cup spinach
    red pepper, sliced
    cup onion, sliced
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp vinegar
    To drink:
    2 cups water

Meal #5:
    6 oz grilled extra lean beef
    1 cup spinach
    1 cup carrots
    4 tbsp walnuts
    1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
    3 fish oil capsules
    To drink:
    2 cups water

Meal #6:
    cup plain yogurt
    1 scoop milk protein powder
    banana
    To drink:
    2 cups water

Workout Drink
    (sip during exercise)
    20g whey protein
    40g carbohydrate/sports drink powder
    3-4 cups water

Post Workout Drink
    (drink immediately after)
    20g whey protein
    40g carbohydrate/sports drink powder
    3-4 cups water

Very similar, just with smaller portions. I also now have quinoa with my pre-workout meal to help with the low GI carbs.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123