Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/08/2002 1:30am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PD is PO'd and back at it:

They await their Sensei in Silence. The students sit straight backed, with their feet folder under them in the traditional way.
    Dressed in a worn and faded Gi, The Sensei makes his way to the front of the Dojo, and turns to face his Students.
    "Kata" he begins. "Kata are said to be thousands of years old. They are a complex pattern of defensive blocks and counters in which are found the deadliest movements, hidden throughout the centries. When you follow these ancient steps, you are walking in the footsteps of the Masters of old...."

Now if there aint a sucker born every minute.

http://www.mcdojo.com/article_read.asp?id=45

Got something to say? Post it below.

Posted On:
    7/08/2002 4:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excuse me for no tusing my common sense but did he actually say that on his site or whatever?

...and so what, he lied, let them (the students) find out the difficult way (however that may be) - wouldn't be their fault. Truth in some of what he says though, apart from the "deadliest" part, the "complex patterns" part, the "hidden" part etc...
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2002 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For a second I almost thought that guy was intelligent. Now that I know he's a complete dumbass, it hurts just reading his articles.

It's as simple as this, you narrow-minded, ignorant, masochist retard: everybody needs to practice repeatedly. You practice one move, over and over, until you get it right. Now you take a bunch of moves that you need to practice, put them together, and practice. That is kata. Unlike single moves, it has the advantage of being able to practice footwork as you move through the techniques.

Taught correctly, and alongside other methods such as kumite, kata helps your training greatly. I'm sorry if you suck at kata, or are simply too dense to comprehend its purpose, but use whatever smoked-out chunk of a brain you have left before you go and say something stupid again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2002 11:16pm

Style: Baboo Baby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's quite obvious he's dense. He can't spell, is too lazy to use a spell checker, has piss poor grammar and he can't even use a fucking space bar properly. You don't even have to look at the content to see he's a fucking idiot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2002 10:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kata in my opinion sharpens your focus, cleans up your techniqe builds stregnth and forces you to look at yourself. Without kumite or sparring it won't do anyone much good. It's one thing to practice a technique in Kata (like shadow boxing), but without knowing how to apply the techniques the Kata doesn't do much good. So to me Kata and Sparring are two sides of the same coin.

Edited by - Darth on July 12 2002 10:44:14

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2002 9:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and lets not forget about the breathing control and meditative effects of kata. kinda like qi-kung with a japanese accent.