Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 10:12am

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroth
    On the topic of Slovak or Czech girls...don't get my family started. The most infamous saying my Great Grandmother had was "We are Czech. So help me if I ever see another slovak babichka..."
    Heh..some people like to make that distinction...but then to most people in the US we are all "Polish" anyway...:)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 10:15am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never had that happen in Texas. Aot of 3rd generation Czechoslavakian-American families near where I grew up. In fact, we still had a church built by one such family in the 1920's about a half mile south of my house when I was a kid. But you could tell which considered themselves Czech and which Slovak by who did or didn't talk to one another.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never had that happen in Texas. Aot of 3rd generation Czechoslavakian-American families near where I grew up. In fact, we still had a church built by one such family in the 1920's about a half mile south of my house when I was a kid. But you could tell which considered themselves Czech and which Slovak by who did or didn't talk to one another.
    Sounds like good old Central European national hatred - would make a nice TV report, actually. Do you know folks over there who still speak the language? Is the church still standing/being used?

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:43am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Church stands, is not in use except for funerals. As for speaking the language, on the Czech side yes. Some of my family near there speaks fluently, some does not. I do not, sadly. I do know how to pronounce the various vowels and words when written, but do not understand hardly any of what I can pronounce.

As for hatred, it died down quite alot with the dispersion of my generation, especially those that moved away and married. So, much of the story would surround mostly the elderly remnants of the first families, rather than the Gen X mutts like me.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 11:01am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, can't believe I didn't see this thread from its inception. Nice fucking job TonuZ!!!

I can't wait for the subs, too cuz, me no speakie slovakie. It sounds like Huttese to me :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 1:34pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Man, can't believe I didn't see this thread from its inception. Nice fucking job TonuZ!!!

I can't wait for the subs, too cuz, me no speakie slovakie. It sounds like Huttese to me :tongue3:
    Post 14

Edited for innumeracy
    Last edited by RunningDog; 9/25/2007 4:32pm at .

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 3:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho

Thanx, glad you like the report. You could also stop by next year... :alien:

(As for the translation of the text see post 14 in this thread - in case you haven't yet...)

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 3:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Church stands, is not in use except for funerals. As for speaking the language, on the Czech side yes. Some of my family near there speaks fluently, some does not. I do not, sadly. I do know how to pronounce the various vowels and words when written, but do not understand hardly any of what I can pronounce.

As for hatred, it died down quite alot with the dispersion of my generation, especially those that moved away and married. So, much of the story would surround mostly the elderly remnants of the first families, rather than the Gen X mutts like me.
    Damn, I probably won't make my boss send me over there if I can't make local Czechs and Slovaks fight each other... You know, quality TV news uber alles... :XXonlyamo

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

" - by Vorpal

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/07/2007 1:26am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must ask, what did the english posters think of shooting?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    10/07/2007 7:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    I must ask, what did the english posters think of shooting?
    As I spoke to them, I can say:

they loved it!

Who would have thought? They enjoyed all calibers (unlike the average caliber-lineage-warmongers) and would definitely like to spend more time at the range.

One more reason to return/join the Slovakian throwdown next year...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

" - by Vorpal
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast