Sponsored Links Spacer Image

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 1:14pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is clear from the video are 3 things:

1. Tony Z has the real Fling Dung - it totally held back Psychomongoose's wushu moves.
    2. I speak awesome Slovak. It wasn't dubbed, it was just out of synch due to Tony's poor editing skills.
    3. I have awesome facial hair.

I'm getting sore from my the pushups I have to do for my crush on Tony the Zebra.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 1:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    I'm getting sore from my the pushups I have to do for my crush on Tony the Zebra.

Is he the Slovakian equivalent of Tony the Tiger?

_ing _un,

It's GRRRRRRRRRREAT!
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 1:28pm

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn...Mega-Throwdown '06 was not featured...

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 4:56pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright folks, here we go with my translation of the Bullshido TV report, enjoy:

What you’re training, is stupid.
    There’s no evidence about the effectiveness of your style.
    Did anybody ever win in the ring with your style? No? Then it’s not worth ****.

It all began with statements like these aimed at me on the Internet, on a website with black background very well known to my surrounding and family.

I must say that I suffer no illusions about my fighting abilities. – I haven’t trained for 8 years now and “fitness” is a word I probably wouldn’t even be able to spell right.

I never wrestled before, for example, but I was glad to try it.

I learned everything I know in Wing Tsun kung fu trainings and through sparring with like-minded enthusiasts from different styles. There’s a website that connects thousands of „madmen“from all over the world:

me: Bullshido – a play of words made from the Japanese term bushido, meaning path of th warrior, the samurai codex, and from the English expression Bullshit, which in Slovak means stupidity, senselessness or simply: a huge pile of ****.

This website brought to life a massive international community with many thousand members.

Psychomongoose: Bullshido is mainly about enforcing honesty in martial arts, really. It’s primarily concerned about making sure that what people are paying to get, is actually what they’re receiving.

Bullshido claims that martial arts are called „martial“, because they teach people how to fight. Those who don’t fight, who just practice forms or hit the air and still claim to know how to fight, are lying to themselves. It’s like if somebody who never stepped into water would claim to have exceptional swimming abilities.

Just like reading a book about swimming will not make you a swimmer, training without regular, hard physical contact will not make a fighter out of anyone.

Bullshido also introduced the concept of throwdowns, meetings where usernames turn into real persons, who can mutually test each others strengths and abilities. So I decided to organize the first ever Central European throwdown – I invited all those interested to come to Bratislava and train together. I anticipated the event for approximately half a year, guessing how it would turn out. I was pondering about the outcome all the time. Will I really get a godawful beating or will I be able to produce some reasonable reaction? Will people come at all?

Runningdog: The fact that several members flew a long way to participate shows that people really do care about throwdowns.

I had no idea who is going to show up in Bratislava – it could have been a couple of professional fighters. I met the first three participants on Friday evening and we went to take a look at the professionals to the Pasienky sports hall, where the 4th annual K-1 „Fighter’s night“ was taking place.

me: Martial arts are hobby for the most of us. It is a completely different world, than the world of world champions and multiple world title holders.

Ernesto Hoost is a kickboxing legend and a exceptionally quiet and nice person, who had absolutely no problem with posing for our camera. For many years he was one of the most feared men in the K-1 ring, where he achieved 4 world championships.

Ernesto Hoost: „Hi to all viewers of TV JOJ, this is Ernesto Hoost, 4-times K-1 champion.“

Ernesto, known in the ring as Mr. Perfect, didn’t know the Bullshido website until now. Nevertheless he has an opinion about nonsense in the martial arts:

E.H.: „I respect any person who is doing kung fu or aikido in a non-competitive way, but they should also respect me as a competitor. Then I think there will be no bullshit.“

Most people who give and take pain occasionally on training don’t plan to stand in the ring as a professional. They can‘t or won’t dedicate that much time, energy or pain to fighting, but at the same time they are missing different positive aspects of such a career.

Just because somebody enjoys playing football with colleagues every now and then and manages to score some goals, doesn’t mean they are threatening Beckham’s or Ronaldo’s career. As long as they realize this, everything is fine. When they start to write over the Internet how magnificent they are and how everybody else sucks big time, there is a possibility to prove the real status of things. This is why I love the concept of throwdowns so much – it is one thing to type in an offense over the Net and another one to speak out facing a person who could hit you in the face.

Me: My very first Internet date turned into a quite pleasant weekend. When you communicate with people over the net you never know who you actually going to meet in real life. Sometimes you are lucky to find people who will give you just exactly what you’re looking for.... (choking scene – better ears might be able to hear Runnigdog’s mantra: „Die, chunner, die!“ ;-) )

5 members of Bullshido arrived in Bratislava at the invitation of an unknown Slovak web user. 3 from Great Britain, one from Italy and one American living in the Slovak town Trnava. He also brought his friend, a non-member, who trained with us. These people have experiences in wrestling, judo, Brazilian jiu jitsu, wu shu or karate.
    The goal of the meeting on the mats wasn’t to beat each other up. It was about sparring – that is about hard training with safety equipment, during which both participants try to hit each other and above all: resist each other. So if one of them makes a mistake and doesn’t cover an attack, he’s going to eat a strong punch, kick or choke – this is no dance choreography. One learns equally from being successful and being unsuccessful.

I also brought my rubber training knifes with me. Many styles of martial arts teach defense against knives, but rarely do they practice this very dangerous situation in a realistic manner. It is possible to do so with a rubber knife. And it is harder then it seems.

Me: We had it going on at the training, but we all agreed that no mater how fast your fists or feet are, the bullet coming out of a weapon is always faster and deadlier.

We visited a shooting range with these three Bullshido members, who spent the whole weekend in Bratislava. The British have very harsh firearm laws, so this was the first opportunity for the usernames Chun, Psychomongoose and Runningdog to experience shooting with live ammunition. These photographs will surely remind them about the weekend they spent at the first Central European throwdown.

Saturday, September the 8th 2007 was a very nice and enlightening experience. There were no death matches, no final answers to any participants fighting abilities. For me personally this international meeting on the mats was a proof of me having at least some solid basis upon which I can build. This basis is hard training. It hurts sometimes, but it is the right path.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 5:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just watched it while reading the translation. Very cool indeed.

So this was broadcast on regular Slovak TV for all to see?

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 5:14pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    Just watched it while reading the translation. Very cool indeed.

So this was broadcast on regular Slovak TV for all to see?
    Thanx, glad you liked it.

It was broadcast on TV JOJ, the second largest private nationwide TV in Slovakia.

Several ten thousand people might have watched it on the day it was aired.

(plus we have live internet airing too, as well as an online archive of reports.)

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 5:32pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26QNTcueerQ

On YouTube now. Will eventually get it subtitled.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 5:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****, that's fucking awesome. Having the K1 event clips interspersed and the Ernesto Hoost interview was excellent. BRAVO!

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 5:40pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    awesome vid...

Slovakia needs hotter newswomen though...

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, well done guys, looks aweseome.

'Die chunner die'- sig worthy...
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast