Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 11:36pm

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ever have any a$$h0l35 in your gym/dojo?

Ever have anyone in your gym who was just a prick, no matter what you did? Goes too hard in sparring, thinks he is better than everyone, has a cunty attitude/demeanor.... May also be a TUF-noob, steroid user, and frequenter of tanning salons. Some people are just assholes and cannot be reasoned with, some are attracted to martial arts. This thread is about them, and for you to share your stories.

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 11:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No. We don't have any of those people in aikido.

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 12:37am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hector Lombard.

The fact that he can kick all our asses doesn't help things.

yes....

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 12:48am

Style: drunken bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 12:52am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like some assholes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNzZzsvOClc

EDIT: may not be safe for work due to language and the shameless pointing to this thread on Sociocide.
    Last edited by Steve; 9/11/2007 1:02am at .

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 1:08am

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phil Baroni

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 5:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We had o0ne. Lucki9ly he was a pretty useless fighter. He'd been there for about five years, i'd been there for about one when he tried to get all tough man on me whilse sparring and I put him on his ass something chronic.

Funny thing is it was accidental.

Shot a knee up for the jaw... just his groin got in the way. The arc was heading for the jaw... groin collected en route. He went down hard for quite some time.

The guy got kicked out of the dojo (first and last time that ever happened at our dojo) a few months later over some unrelated but highly questionable matters....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 6:26am

Style: karate and jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fortunately, we don't.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 8:11am

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I've seen over the years those types of assholes don't usually want to work very hard, so they don't stay very long in serious schools. They come into a dojo trying to impress everyone, but when they get their asses handed to them by someone who actually has more skill they don't want to play anymore.

So they tend to head towards bullshido schools where their natural abilities or aggressiveness can still dominate over people with mediocre skills. Quality schools where you earn respect based on your abilities are too much like work for their taste. So they either adapt and learn, or leave to find easier prey.

Obviously there are exceptions, but that is the general trend I've seen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 8:47am

Style: Aikido Ceteris Paribus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Three of the worst:

Sadistic Instructor
    Small and vicious instructor who got his kicks out of damaging beginners. Just before a grading I asked him why a particular technique worked (I was a green belt at the time). He busted 2 of my fingers - by forcing through what should have been pretty effortless for anyone at his level. Think it was a sankajo (sankyo) using my little and ring pinkies alone. Not long after, he was booted out for too many similar actions.

Arrogant arsehole:

Another guy was accepted into our style as a BB already running his own dojo. (He still needed to grade with us, of course, to transfer fully). Turned up at a summer school and started by showing off his sword skills by waving about some crappy 440 stainless wallhanger while all his students sat in awe. In training our way he was then taken apart by pretty much everyone. He was then humiliated by being asked to demonstrate how to teach a technique. Uke resisted, he failed. To his credit it took him several days to stop behaving like an asshole and he did actually try to learn. Too late to save his reputation ,though - Never seen again.

Bully beginner:
    Bullies are my pet hate. A guy comes in as a beginner, after a few weeks learns how to cause a bit of pain and uses every opportunity to try and show how great he is by hurting complete beginners. Easy to deal with, in my experience - ask them to help demonstrate a few moves, cause them enough pain to get them really angry (usually easy) and make them realise they need to leave or learn to treat others with respect.
    I don't believe in damaging anyone to make a point, but pain can achieve a result pretty damn quick.
    Last edited by kiaiki; 9/11/2007 11:37am at .
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast