• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Blind judo expert takes out mugger!

Mugger meets match in blind judo champ

Sep 10, 2007, 13:20 GMT

Marburg, Germany - A surprise was in store for a teenaged mugger who tried to steal a carton of cigarettes from a blind man in a German railway station: the victim was the former world champion in blind judo.

Police said Monday the youth, 17, vainly demanded the pack, then punched the ex-champion in the face.

The judoka threw the youth on the ground and pinned him down till police, called by a passer-by, reached Marburg Station.
    http://news.monstersandcritics.com/e...ind_judo_champ

Original article find goes to Octofish here: Blind Judo champ kicks robber's ass
    Attached Images  

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 12:28pm

Style: BJJ, bad MT, ringworm fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any word on whether the Judo player was injured by the lava and AIDS needles when he pinned the mugger on the ground? Or did the mugger guy take all of those in his back thus shielding the Judo player from certain death?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 2:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ,Ex-Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    O W N A G E ! ! !
    I wonder how the robber must have felt when he heard the guy that threw and pinned him was blind..?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 3:11am

Style: Judo + sports ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe the robber punched him *because* he was blind...? If so an even greater surprise. (The original article doesn't say.)

Made my day.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 9:16am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome, my old coach was/is a member of the US Blind Judo team, Scott Moore. I highly recommend staying out of arm's reach of anyone from the team. Those guys are beast when they get their hands on you.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 10:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkartigue
    Awesome, my old coach was/is a member of the US Blind Judo team, Scott Moore. I highly recommend staying out of arm's reach of anyone from the team. Those guys are beast when they get their hands on you.
    I was telling him about this at class yesterday and he seemed to get a kick out of it. Too bad there wasn't a name floating around for the German judoka yet, he thought he probably knew the guy.

I'm just an orange belt so I've never done full on randori with Scott, but a few blind Judo guys showed up for a clinic once. This one guy was pretty much morote seoinage-ing me at will.

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 11:00am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another one, we have part of this guy's name.

Mugger in Germany foiled by blind judo expert

Mon Sep 10, 1:25 PM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - A blind judo expert astounded a mugger by pinning him to the ground after he tried to steal his cigarettes, police said on Monday.

The assailant, a 17-year-old man of Asian origin, spotted the 33-year-old, who police identified only as Emil E., at a train station in the southwestern town of Giessen and thought he would be easy prey, police spokesman Rolf Wellershausen said.

But what the attacker did not know, the spokesman said, was that his victim was a world-class blind judo wrestler.

The 17-year-old threatened the blind man, then punched him in the face, at which point the martial artist flipped him and held him down until police arrived.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070910/...ermany_blind_1
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 1:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You never know if your tugging on superman's cape. Way to go Champ. :eusa_clap

Genius

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 1:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But grappling doesn't work! If you pin a guy on the ground, his buddies will always kick you in the back of the head. They always have buddies around.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 8:24pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA/BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah but if the mugger would have gouged the Judokas eyes out he couldn't have done it, ohh wait.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast