Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 10:13am

Style: Luta Livre

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Blind Judo champ kicks robber's ass

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justi...504876,00.html

In Marburg, Germany, A 17 year old punched a blind man in the face when he refused to hand over a packet of cigarettes. The robber did not know that his victim used to be world-champion in Judo for the visually impaired. He fought back, took the punk down and held him until the police arrived.

Robbing a blind person is so fucking low. I hope the butthead got hurt.

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 11:21am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man, can you do a full translation? I have:

Robber attacks blind ones - and turns out at Judo masters

Literally on the cross a blind man put an aggressor in hessian Marburg. The 17-Jährige had struck the sehbehinderten man in the face - without to suspect that it was guessed/advised to a former Judo world champion.

Marburg - which young people had obviously light booty gewittert, when he requested the sehbehinderten man under menace of force at the Marburger station to publish a bar cigarettes. After that had not reacted 33 years old victims and had not simply continued its way, the juvenile author the man with the fist had struck in the face, as the federal police communicated.

Which the aggressor could not suspect: With the 33-Jährigen it concerned a former Judo world champion of the Sehbehinderten. According to police data the man put the robber with few grasps on the cross, held him and called loud for assistance. A Passant heard this and informed the police, which finally arrested the 17-Jährigen. The 33-Jährige was easily hurt with the attack on Saturday evening, so that it had to visit a physician.

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justi...504876,00.html

Oh well, found this.

Mugger meets match in blind judo champ

Sep 10, 2007, 13:20 GMT

Marburg, Germany - A surprise was in store for a teenaged mugger who tried to steal a carton of cigarettes from a blind man in a German railway station: the victim was the former world champion in blind judo.

Police said Monday the youth, 17, vainly demanded the pack, then punched the ex-champion in the face.

The judoka threw the youth on the ground and pinned him down till police, called by a passer-by, reached Marburg Station.
    http://news.monstersandcritics.com/e...ind_judo_champ

Edit: Front Paged!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59886
    Last edited by PizDoff; 9/10/2007 11:31am at .
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 12:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is pretty hilarious. I've done randori with a few visually impaired judoka and once they get their hands on you, forget about it, they might as well not be blind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 12:42pm

Style: BJJ/Submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have a guy who is blind that trains BJJ at one of our gyms. I saw him compete and he wore a mask around his face that was scary and the opponent had to start with hands touching him. He told me that he knew that the mask makes opponents nervous and he uses it to his advantage. He wasn't to happy to find out that his next opponent had experience training with a blind man and wasn't nervous at all.
    I was embarrassed that he had better take-down skills then me because how do you shoot in on someone when you can't see his legs? One time he did shoot in and there was nothing there, but he did good.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 2:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @PizDoff

The second news item you got is correct. The translation is funny.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 2:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: vale tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blind doesn't mean disabled in a fight. It is known when you lose one sense your others become heightened to compensate. Sight is often not used in grappling anyways.

Besides all the old kung fu masters blind-folded training had to be for some reason? *sarcasm*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 2:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone has been watching Bloodsport ;)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 4:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pizdoff, Could you please do an avatar of a chicken putting another chicken in a chicken wing?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 1:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I taught a summer camp full of blind teenagers jiujitsu one year. One of my students was a nurse that worked for the DEPT of blind services and she noticed that I use to handicap myself while grappling junior students by grappling with my eyes closed.

She figured if I could do it with my eyes closed that her students could do it.

The hard part is that I could do it blind folded but I didint have to learn it blind folded...

Martial arts is typically taught in a demonstrative way, I demonstrate and explain, the student then imitates.

Can't do that with a class full of blind students :) We had to teach them all by guiding their hands step by step, one on one.

It was difficult but it made me a better teacher.It got my school a nice write up in the newspaper as well, free press doesnt hurt.

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 10:08am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!