Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 8:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    I will be surprised if Hughes GnP's Serra. If Hughes wins it, he's taking a drawn out decision, or a flash KO in a flurry on the feet.
    Teachers pet.

:)

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 8:16pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The format of the show encourages that behavior. Certainly there is stress in knowing (in my best Highlander naration voice) "there can be only one" winner. SO they posture and strut about trying to act all badass to one another and it's comical. IME, the dog who barks the loudest seldom has the bite to go with it.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 8:29pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and it's as much a competition between the coaches as it is the guys really. And who wants to lose to Hughes?????
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 8:49pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    Some can't deal with the added stress of being in charge. Much less in charge of what appears to be another batch of drama whoring, disrespectful little cunts. Be about as stressfull as herding chickens with a fox.

My grip is with Danas posturing and grandstanding about his single handed valiant effort to "civilize" MMA. Then he casts a bunch of over grown children to be on a TV show viewed by millions and then bitches that they make him, the UFC and MMA look bad.

I'd love to take some of those bitches out on a 6 month deployment on a sub or even a surface ship. Maybe then they wouldn't complain about a 6 week paid vaction in a swank ass house with some of the best concentrated training they will ever recieve for basically free. I am so fucking sick of hearing how the house is a "pressure cooker".
    For this post, I love you... in a manly, non-grappling way btw. :XXjester:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 9:16pm

Style: not training/injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'd love to take some of those bitches out on a 6 month deployment on a sub or even a surface ship. Maybe then they wouldn't complain about a 6 week paid vaction in a swank ass house with some of the best concentrated training they will ever recieve for basically free. I am so fucking sick of hearing how the house is a "pressure cooker".
    Amen, I had the same feelings when I was watching the show while deployed. These are supposed to be tough guys and a few days away from home they're crying like babies. The worst was that guy who left the show in TUF3 because his girlfriend heard a rumour about him, boo-frikin-hoo.

Anyway, I truly think Serra will defeat Hughes. Serra is damn good on the ground and his standup has gone to a new level, whic we haven't seen Hughes reach yet.

As for the new fighters, it should be interesting. Joe Scarola has a good shot :) There are some others with good experience and training too. I think I saw that one guy has a PhD, pretty interesting.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 9:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And the drama gets worse every season, as each new guy tries to hog as much camera time as possible, plus top the last crew of guys to act like retards on national TV. This season we had Captain I can't Stop Stuffing my Face with Cake, and Mr. Invincible Streetfighting Champion of the Known Universe and the Negative Zone. Heaven only knows what the new batch is going to do.

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 10:04pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    I used to like Hughes.
    That was until he showed his utter lack of class after a loss.

I dont think Serra can win, but I am rooting for him.
    i'm saddened to say that i belong in this catagory too
    hell, my first ever pair of mma shorts were Hughes signature tapouts.....i haven't touched them since his dickhead arrogance and borderline racism came to light

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 10:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Best fucking post I've seen in here in a while. Quoted for Truth.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 11:03pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my uncle's a former sub mariner

he tells stories of the mentality on the sub that are really . . . pretty intimidating. Like the live drills where you go all the way through firing procedure, then only later find out it is a drill.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 12:18am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've done my time on a surface ship, with 2 deployments under my belt. Strangely, I never looked at TUF that way untill now. tabwyo: you are correct sir. Yeah, the deployments broke a few people, some did some crazy ****, some left under "other than honorable" circumstances, I remeber one guy who just plain lost it, but they were the exception. And, frankly, we had more at stake.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast