Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 8:22pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're never to old to give up LARPing and come to the dark side!

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2007 11:49pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, not giving up TKD, just adding to the mix.
    So um, **** off, er that came out wrong, buy me a beer ;).

It should be fun though, adding in the other arts (I've done FMA for about 15-16 years now as well, so it's not the first addition, KF and TC as well back as a kid). One of the guys I'll be training with is greco-roman (through college) as well as a golden gloves boxer, so simply having a chance to get to work with those styles regularly will be great. I'll have to adjust to the light gloves though, that'll be fun heh, usually I just use that weight for the bags. (reach difference, weight, how much zing to the punches etc).

I don't consider my time ill-spent though, just the road I walked down to get to where I'm going. If WCL opens up a team up here, I'd try out for sure, IFL has the Wolfpack in Portland, but I'm sure the list of alternates is a mile long with Quest up there. Who knows, it will probably only pan out into me doing some small local fights, but as long as I get to fight I'm happy.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 12:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YMAS isn't the best place to have a reasonable discussion on TKD's effectiveness in training and application.

There were a couple good threads on it that beat around the bush with the same arguments, but it was done in the TKD styles forum so it was interesting to see who actually had what perspective.

Unfortunately, Errant108 was using his mod powers to play around with the threads a little so I don't know if they are still there (ie culling posts and inserting pictures of half naked asian women - which when he does this no one seems to complain that their post disappeared, so sometimes we lose whole threads in there...)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 1:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: freestyle karate mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take it that the S H on Masters Gi stands for **** head!. This apart from the techniques is what shits me about some TMA ( or other schools) that sprout the crap that anyone can be a blackbelt.
    IMHO some people due to lack of physical prowess, conditioning, or just plain lack of heart arent meant to be and sometimes you just shouldnt try and fit a square peg in a round hole.
    Best example would be the big girl in the clip, obviously couldnt fight her way out of a paper bag, but most likley has a false sense of confidence, which is worse than no training at all( if some one gives you crap if you were untrained you might ignore it and walk away, but if trained you might stop and say ' whatd ya say fucktard?!).
    I blame parents to( of teenage kids) in my dojo a parent pulled their kid out & reprimanded the sensei for not grading precious often enough, even though he doesnt know the ciriculumn basics as it was depressing little Johnny.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2007 2:34am

Style: WTF TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    IS IT CAN BE TKD SUCKS MONTH AGAIN?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN-ZQrzyNyg

If only for the misuse of a bad 80s song.....

TKD
    Loved the bit at 49 sec.

And I think Team America has said all that needs to be said about montages.

and at least they're getting outdoors
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456