Merry Christmas anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2007 8:26am

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by draygin
    You would have to present more resistance to stop a returning strike into a forward strike if you stopped it in mid air. If you took the rebound, which all science knows to be true, you would not be relying on muscle it would be physics. It's not the ignorant self slapping for those who do not comprehend, it is not wasting the energy to stop an object in motion. Some Newton **** Spock. I believe the mass of the body would outweigh the mass of the arm. But studies could be in order for that. After all, it is feasible for an arm to weigh 200 lbs and a body to weigh 160 lbs. Wait, no it's not.
    Wow.
    Amazing cod-science!

So you're saying a returning punch finds it easier to rebound itself off your own body than to come to a stop when your elbow relaxes leaving the fist somewhere out to the side or infront. That's crazy. Some Newton **** Spock.

By the way, I SLAP, I admit it.
    I'm off to watch that video ... somehow I suspect my slapping isn't much like what they are doing ... but I haven't watched it yet. Back soon.
    Edit : Oh my goodness, there isn't a video to watch!
    Am I going to have to search 'tatum slapping kenpo' or something?

Links please draygin.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12