Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 12:34pm

Style: BJJ, bad MT, ringworm fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I think you have a point with the nut shots. CroCop was looking ok early on at least. Even if you recover from groin shots, you know your stamina just goes to ****, so i'm wondering if that's why he gassed in the 3rd (well, that and the repeated nut shots).

The ones in the 3rd round were really bad. Kongo delivers like 2 straight knees to the groin, then BJM moves in to separate them and as he grabs Kongo he throws a MONSTER knee to the groin as BJM is pulling him off. Then you wonder why CroCop was pretty lethargic in that round.

I couldn't believe he didn't take a point there. Kongo got warned, then he gives at least 3 straight groin shots including one as he's being pulled off. If that doesn't lose you a point, i don't know what does.

BTW, Speaking of BJM, french people and nut shots without taking points, see GSP/Hughes 2. (although those were accidental :)

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 7:57pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    I'm thinking American food disagrees with mirko or something . . . I seem to remember him having this very good a game that he would use when fighting....
    Only one of his fights so far has been in the states. The loss to Gonzaga happened in London as well.

As for the nut shots, Kongo landed all his shots in the first and second round. To his credit he didn't land any (that I could see) in the third but seriously getting cranked 6-7 times in the junk in 10 minutes will seriously affect how you fight not to mention the gas you have.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 9:48pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well the reports have said that cro cop suffered a broken rib from the first round
    i posted his comments about it somewhere within the few UFC 75 threads on here

jsampras3: Trigg/Hughes-2 nut shots stand out more in my mind than GSP/Hughes (which i think were exxagerated by Hughes as he was being overwhelmed)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 9:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahem. Keith Hackney vs. Joe Son, anybody?

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 10:22pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    vinny, we're talkin about nut shots that happened that refs were slow to react, or failed to see it

your example doesnt apply here, since there was no rule against it back then

but ur probably still on track to be the biggest post whore of the year....i bet u wanna hit your 1000 post mark before the end of the month huh =P

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 10:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The plan is to be the first poster ever to get 1 million posts. I have a lot of work to do, since some people are way ahead of me. Sorry, whenever anyone talks about nut shots in MMA that's the fight I always think of. Of course, there is no reason for me to immediately post about it, but (see above).

Posted On:
    9/18/2007 5:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Ahem. Keith Hackney vs. Joe Son, anybody?
    10years on, and I *still* wince just thinking of it !
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345