Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 9:03pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://boxing.nv.gov/

Nevada State Athletic Commission has the results of all fights in Nevada back to 2002, decisions include who judged and what score they gave. I assume there is some way to track down information for events in other states.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 9:10pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy
    http://boxing.nv.gov/

Nevada State Athletic Commission has the results of all fights in Nevada back to 2002, decisions include who judged and what score they gave. I assume there is some way to track down information for events in other states.
    Great Link thank you. I have started going through it and one thing is very obvious. Very few UFC fights go to a decision.

If anyone has any egregious examples they would like included in a look at the overall issue, please PM them to me. I will collect and run it by a few people.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 9:18pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tyson Griffin v. Clay Guida, but I don't know if cecil peoples was a judge on that.

poser

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 9:19pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    Things learned -
    Quinton Jackson should commentate every fight. During and after.
    My dream commentator setup:

Couture, Rampage, and El Guapo.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 9:25pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Tyson Griffin v. Clay Guida, but I don't know if cecil peoples was a judge on that.
    That one was in Ireland, I dont know if I have it on tape or not.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 10:01pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    speaking of tyson, his fight with tavares will no doubt be another close one

was his fight with frankie edgar a split decision? i don't remember

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 10:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I learned that I shouldn't put so much blind faith in Cro Cop.

I love the guy, but damn...

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 10:43pm

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 11:00pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    douglas crosby 29 28 griffin
    jeff mullen 29 28 guida
    andy roberts 29 28 griffin

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 11:02pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, here's my round-by-round complete breakdown of the action for Bisping/Hamill.

Notes: "arm punches" refers to punches that are all arm-muscle-powered and don't have any body weight behind them - for instance, on the ground when a person is punching from their back, or when they're punching the body without moving at all, so the only force is coming from their arms.

I don't list every punch thrown, because I'm not fucking Compubox. I list every punch that lands, but not all the ones that don't. I do list some of them, so if you're following along while watching it you'll be able to better track where I am in the round.

Round 1

Hamill charges forwards, misses two jabs, backs Bisping up to the cage. Bisping and Hamill trade jabs twice, and Hamill connects with a one-two. Bisping clinches, backs up and circles away.

They both miss a couple jabs, Hamill connects with another one two, Bisping ducks and Hamill headlocks him. Lands two arm-punch uppercuts. Bisping breaks away.

Bisping lands a knee to the body, Hamill connects with a stiff jab in the middle of it that backs him up. Hamill charges forwards and misses a flying knee. Bisping lands a body kick. Hamill lands a jab, Bisping lands a glancing right, circles out.

Bisping lands an inside leg kick. Hamill missing jabs and one twos, chasing Bisping. Bisping throws a lazy kick, Hamill catches it and takes him down. Bisping turtles, then pulls half guard into guard. Hamill lands two solid punches, stands up. Bisping hesitates, then stands up himself and circles away.

3:57 left in the round.

Bisping lands a jab. Hamill lands a jab, bisping counters with a body kick.

A lot of missed and blocked punches as Bisping circles away. Bisping lands an overhand right. Hamill lands an overhand right. Hamill misses three jabs, Bisping circles away. Bisping gets a one two on Hamill's forearms. Hamill blocks a knee to the body. Bisping lands an inside leg kick. Hamill lands a jab. Bisping lands another inside leg kick, Hamill catches it and takes him down.

Hamill lands one punch, Bisping tries to come to his feet, Hamill headlocks him. Hamill lands ten arm-punch uppercuts. Bisping pulls out and circles away.

Bisping lands three jabs and throws a right that Hamill blocks. Hamill misses a series of jabs but lands a right that buckles Bisping's knees. Bisping circling away, Hamill chasing. Bisping ducks into a headlock, pushes out, Hamill picks up the leg, Bisping steps out of the takedown.

Hamill lands a solid left hook. Misses two jabs, lands a glancing right uppercut.

1:30 left in the round.
    Hamill missing a lot of punches, Bisping landing a lot on the forearms. Bisping lands an inside leg kick.

Bisping throws several jabs that are blocked, throws a right that gets through and another one two that misses. Throws another two jabs that are blocked, lands a right hand, Hamill shoots, Bisping defends the shot.

Hamill lands a jab. Misses a one-two, lands a solid jab, running Bisping back into the fence. Bisping ducks by him, running and turning to circle again.

Bisping lands two jabs, gets headlocked, gets uppercutted and pushes Hamill into the fence. Pulls out of the headlock and falls on his ass. Bell rings as Hamill is starting to try and GnP.

Hamill lands 9 jabs, 6 power shots standing up, 2 power shots on the ground, and 13 of his arm-punching uppercuts from the headlock. He tries for two takedowns and gets one. He does the most visible damage, managing to buckle Bispings knees, although he's unable to capitalize.

Bisping lands 7 jabs, 3 power punches, 1 knee to the body, 3 leg kicks, and 2 body kicks.

Hamill outlands Bisping in both jabs and power punches, and gets a lot of arm-punches in the clinch to counter Bisping's kicks. Gets one takedown out of two attempts, and lands two good punches on the ground from it. Pretty easily Hamill's round.

Round 2

Hamill stalking, Bisping missing punches. Hamill lands a jab. Comes forward with jabs that miss, Bisping circling the outside. Hamill blocks a one-two. Bisping lands an inside leg kick, Hamill catches it and takes him down.

Hamill in Bisping's guard. Bisping working rubber guard, then abandons it. Hamill lands three arm-punches, Bisping blocks several more. Hamill passes to half guard, Bisping turtles and gets to his feet, eating two arm-punches to the side of the head as he does.

Hamill lands a jab. Both guys miss each other a lot. Bisping might land a one two; the angle makes it difficult to tell. Both guys land jabs. Clinch, Hamill throws an elbow and breaks away.

Bisping lands a one-two. Circles, lands a jab. Several more punches are blocked. Hamill lands a lunging jab. Hamill shoots, gets Bisping down against the cage. Bisping stands up, Hamill headlocks him, gets six arm-punch uppercuts, then lands a right as Bisping breaks out of the headlock. Bisping circles away.

Hamill lands another two jabs. More punches blocked and missing. Bisping throws a one-two that looks like it lands, but the angle makes it hard to be sure. Hamill lands a jab and misses a one-two.

One minute left in the round.

Hamill lands a jab. A whole shitload of missing and landing on the forearms, and then Bisping lands a right a little before the round ends.

Hamill lands 7 jabs, 1 power punch, 1 elbow, and 11 arm punches in headlocks and on the ground. Attempted two takedowns, got both of them.

Bisping landed somewhere between 2 and 4 jabs and power shots, depending on the angle. One leg kick that was turned into a takedown.

Hamill outlands Bisping in Jabs and may equal him in power shots, depending on whether those rights for Bisping landed or not. Got two takedowns.

If you allow that Bisping landed a total of four power shots on the feet (outlanding Hamill who only landed one power punch and an elbow), ignore the takedowns because you figure Bisping getting back to his feet under his own power makes it even, and figure that outlanding on power shots outweighs being outlanded in jabs and taking a lot of arm-punches, you could maybe give this round to Bisping. It's really, really fucking reaching, though.

Round 3

Bisping circles the outside, parries a jab and lands a good left hook. Circles away. Throws some more blocked punches, defends a shot by Hamill. Hamill comes forwards missing jabs, Bisping lands a right uppercut and gets headlocked, Hamill turns it into a double attempt, Bisping underhooks, drags him up, pushes off and circles out.

Bisping lands several more punches on Hamill's forearms. Circling. Hamill lands a left hook. Hamill lands a jab. More blocked punches, Bisping lands a glancing right hand.

Hamill shoots a single from the outside, Bisping underhooks and defends.

Bisping lands a right.

3:30 left in the round

More blocked punches. Hamill lands a jab. Shoots, gets Bisping against the cage with his arm trapped. Starts to pass, Bisping rolls and gets guard back. Hamill lands a good punch. Bisping defending, sitting up. Gets his back to the cage. Stands up.

Two minutes left in the round.

Bisping lands a jumping knee, Hamill immediately takes him down. Bisping lands an elbow from the bottom. Lands two arm-punches on Hamill. Hamill lands an arm-punch. Hamill postures, Bisping tries to stand, Hamill drives him back down. Bisping tries for an armbar, gives it up. Hamill passes, Bisping turtles, Hamill lands eight arm-punches, Bisping rolls back to the bottom of side-control. Bisping turtles again, comes up and breaks away.

:25 left.

Bisping lands a one-two. Lands an inside leg kick and a jab, followed by another one-two. Bisping lands a head kick, defends a shot, lands a right and the round ends.

Hamill lands one jab, 1 power shot standing, 1 power shot on the ground, and 9 arm punches. He attempted six takedowns and got 2.

Bisping lands 3 jabs, 7 power punches, one knee, one leg kick, one high kick, 1 elbow and 2 arm punches from the bottom.

Pretty clearly Bisping's round.

Conclusions - The first round was closer than I thought, and the third round was more clearly Bisping than I thought, but you'd have to be high to give Bisping the second round. Hometown screwjob.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast