Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 12:19pm

Style: Poor mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WingChun Lawyer
    The exact same thing happened to me.

When I started to have doubts about my -un I started to crosstrain a bit in ITF TKD, and I managed to chainpunch into the next room a kid who was a blue/purple(?) belt. That may be one of the reasons I stayed there two years.

Then again I may be just looking for excuses.
    So shitty Karate and TKD help feed the __un industry, that has to be another strike against those styles.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2007 8:05pm

Style: Mongolian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    that is possibly the weirdest story ive heared so far.

you go into this store want to browse or buy something and then he pulls this **** on you?

didnt you get angry?!
    No, I didn't get angry because the whole experience was just strange. Escpecially this guy's "test." He seemed like a nice guy so it didn't really bother me either. What I think triggered it was the owner of the store talking about one of my former teachers and that I trained Southern Praying Mantis for a time. The event happened just as I started training Mongolian. I need to go back to the store for a good mouthgaurd. That guy may even be there (why, I don't know). So can can either:

A) Follow Virus' advice and take the guy down and touch his chest, typewriter style or
    B) Try out some new Chin Na that I learned to make him touch his own chest or
    C) all of the above.

The only question is: if I make him touch his own chest, do I get the points or does he?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 10:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hands
    No, I didn't get angry because the whole experience was just strange. Escpecially this guy's "test." He seemed like a nice guy so it didn't really bother me either. What I think triggered it was the owner of the store talking about one of my former teachers and that I trained Southern Praying Mantis for a time. The event happened just as I started training Mongolian. I need to go back to the store for a good mouthgaurd. That guy may even be there (why, I don't know). So can can either:

A) Follow Virus' advice and take the guy down and touch his chest, typewriter style or
    B) Try out some new Chin Na that I learned to make him touch his own chest or
    C) all of the above.

The only question is: if I make him touch his own chest, do I get the points or does he?
    no you must do it viking style, allow me to give suggestions:

we live in the 21st century, i suggest you use that, bring a taser, go to the guy, when you're in the store you go like: 'Fucking hell! bruce lee! i thought you were dead man!'
    Shopkeeper turns around to have a look at who you're talking to, thats wen you put the taser in his neck.
    One touch knock out ftw.
    His wife will probably come out to see whats going on, have your way with her, then use the taser, or the other way around, depends on if you like to train 'alive'.
    Then you take his money, put his children into slavery and set fire to the store.

Nobody will cuddle with you ever again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 8:13pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when asking about brazilian jujitsu i was told that it wouldn't pose a threat because matt hughes beat royce gracie

to sum up, someone who is known for his grappling ability beating someone else known for his grappling ability will lead us to infer that the latter's style of grappling will not hold up against our _ing _un which has no relation whatsoever to the former's grappling style, nor any grappling in itself.

you just can't argue with logic

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 9:00pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNKtastic
    when asking about brazilian jujitsu i was told that it wouldn't pose a threat because matt hughes beat royce gracie

to sum up, someone who is known for his grappling ability beating someone else known for his grappling ability will lead us to infer that the latter's style of grappling will not hold up against our _ing _un which has no relation whatsoever to the former's grappling style, nor any grappling in itself.

Sounds like you were just training with a bunch of dumbasses.

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 9:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    Sounds like you were just training with a bunch of dumbasses.
    Well, yeah. He said he did wing chun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2007 11:12pm

Style: Poor mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNKtastic

Well, why grapple when you can just drop an elbow on the back of their head, killing them instantly?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 1:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [Well, why grapple when you can just drop an elbow on the back of their head, killing them instantly?[/quote]

-Elbows and strikes to the back of the head are illegal in UFC for a reason, it really could mess with the brain.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 1:47pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei of Beer
    -Elbows and strikes to the back of the head are illegal in UFC for a reason, it really could mess with the brain.
    He was refering to the common dumb guy myth that you can stop the shot by stepping to horse stance and downward elbowing the head of a grappler.

Hint, this method does not work.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 6:14pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei of Beer
    Of course there is some risk... I've been watching some of the old UFC's lately and a few fights featured repeated heavy elbows to the back of the head. Nobody's head exploded. They got rid of strikes to the back of the head in UFC 15: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ufc#Controversy_and_reform
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast