Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 3:02pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am still waiting for a former wing chun student to file a law suit against their old wing chun school for false advertisement following an insident where said student couldn't defend him/herself in an attack.
    Last edited by musicalmike235; 9/11/2007 3:04pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 3:18pm

Style: Ex-wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anybody else's Chun teacher use hyperbolic language to describe the consequences of fucking with a chunner?

We used practice how to "destroy" an opponent, and "pulverise" him. The chain punches were a "barrage of bone crushing" strikes delivered at "lightening speeds." We could "sense every hair move" on our opponents body, and could "forsee their intentions." It wasn't a brawl, a tussle or a fight, it was a World War.

Admittedly, I used, and still do, enjoy it when MAs used such language - its hilarious. UFC commentators need to employ the epic terminology.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 3:20pm

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by musicalmike235
    I am still waiting for a former wing chun student to file a law suit against their old wing chun school for false advertisement following an insident where said student couldn't defend him/herself in an attack.
    If succesfull, this could lead to a massive class action suit against the MA as a whole.
    !!!

Tomas

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 3:56pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have any stories as interesting as any here, but I'll give a little rundown of the WT place I visited for a few classes long before I knew about Bullshido.net:

-The place taught Wushu, WT, and some form of Karate.
    -I was told the first day by one of the more senior students, "yeah, it's a very direct martial art." I'm assuming that makes other arts indirect?
    -Plenty of punching air, coupled with some random student doing some ice-skating looking thing across the floor with shitty, pointless vertical punches.
    -I also learned how to "block" a low shitty ass punch. "Keep your fingers together while you're blocking otherwise you'll lose your energy." I'm assuming he meant my chi would fall out of open fingers.
    -The standard "block and attack" stuff we've heard several times before.

Even then before I knew what I know now, something just didn't feel right to me. I couldn't see it working anywhere, and the lack of sparring disturbed me.

Dave

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 4:44pm

Style: Poor mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to apply the centerline theory against someone who boxed and pak sao and chain punch him. I learned several things:

1. Hands are meant to be kept by your face, not in line in front of the chest.
    2. Boxer's throw much better hooks than are demonstrated in class.
    3. The boxer's jab can't just be dealt with by a flurry of chain punches following a pak sao.
    4. Tried to trap but....they pull their hands... AWAY?!?!?! Heresy!
    4. Boxer's seem to punish you just as fast, despite not having "simultaneous attack and defense" and punish you much more severely.
    5. However you slice it, chun footwork is woefully inadequate.
    6. Headwork, feints, drawing, proper power generation, ect ect

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 8:38pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chi consipiracy,

Youre yet another example of someone who will be shitty at fighting no matter what style you do.

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 9:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleem
    Did anybody else's Chun teacher use hyperbolic language to describe the consequences of fucking with a chunner?

We used practice how to "destroy" an opponent, and "pulverise" him. The chain punches were a "barrage of bone crushing" strikes delivered at "lightening speeds." We could "sense every hair move" on our opponents body, and could "forsee their intentions." It wasn't a brawl, a tussle or a fight, it was a World War.

Admittedly, I used, and still do, enjoy it when MAs used such language - its hilarious. UFC commentators need to employ the epic terminology.
    Did you lift that from the script for Human Weapon?

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 9:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    Chi consipiracy,

Youre yet another example of someone who will be shitty at fighting no matter what style you do.
    Maybe he was shitty at fighting because he took the training he was getting in wing chun in good faith?

Would anyone like to place an order for a batch of t-shirts I'm having printed up which say "Yes, you can blame styles"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 9:20pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want a shirt that reads

WING CHUN
    DEER BOXING SLAPFIGHTER
    WORLD CHAMPION

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 9:22pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleem

I've noticed that. Ask a TMA instructor to describe their art and they'll launch into a description that comes this close [gesturing] to describing how they ship their opponents off to concentration camps.

What's the psychology behind it?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast