Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 7:08pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleem
    But I bet that even in your school they didn't teach you to escape mount by chopping at the mounter's arms and then his throat. The worst part is, I half believed in that fucking drill for about a week.
    My favourite is still the eye-gouge-head-twist from under mount. Forever now referred to as the "Please Arm Bar me" defence.

What is most amusing to me about the head twist from underneath is that the original movement in __ing __un was a head twist in stand up, which works fairly well. Just some lobotomized individual decided that it should now work on the ground.

Edited: Now that I think about it, the standing one is just a neck crank anyway.
    Last edited by Askari; 9/10/2007 7:15pm at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 7:51pm

Style: Mongolian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in this ma supply store. This guy says "Hi I'm *whatever his name was*" Anyway. He shakes my hand lifts it up and down and says "hmm, nothing there" WTF. So he decides to test how good I am. The lady running the store says to go over there by the coat racks. Its winter, I take of my jacket, crack my neck and get ready. His response was "hey this isn't anything serious" Then he says to go up against some dude in the store that he knew before stepping aside.

The objective was to try to touch the other person's chest. At the end we were about even (note, the contest was ended by the first guy). The only difference was that his touches were at weird angles that would lack any power . . . with his fingertips. Mine were solid punches and elbows to the chest. The guy steps back into obscurity as the first guy starts talking about how there aren't any good schools anymore.

Well, that's my wing chun story.

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 11:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Should have gone for the takedown then ground & chest touched him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 2:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thankfully only studies the chun for a brief period. The training was basically the same as what people have said.

Antidotes #1

We actually trained a throw which was performed by standing behind your opponent with your right leg just right of his left. Then horse stance and push him over with one arm. This was part of a larger combination which begins with you facing your opponent.
    If I felt shame it would be fore believing that.

Antidotes #2

The parking lot was being repaved so we had to find somewhere else to park. Turns out the lot me and another guy chose belonged to a bar, and he didnt take kindly to us taking up his parking spots. So he was there with a bylaw officer handing out parking tickets

I apologized and got off Scot free. The other student, a senor student, argued angrily with the pub owner and the officer and got a ticket.

That does show the kind of logic most chunners use. He says Im wrong, so hes an asshole. They take themselves too seriously.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 3:12am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my old school you were required to put out a candle with a side punch for Black Sash Grading
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 5:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hands
    I'm in this ma supply store. This guy says "Hi I'm *whatever his name was*" Anyway. He shakes my hand lifts it up and down and says "hmm, nothing there" WTF. So he decides to test how good I am. The lady running the store says to go over there by the coat racks. Its winter, I take of my jacket, crack my neck and get ready. His response was "hey this isn't anything serious" Then he says to go up against some dude in the store that he knew before stepping aside.

The objective was to try to touch the other person's chest. At the end we were about even (note, the contest was ended by the first guy). The only difference was that his touches were at weird angles that would lack any power . . . with his fingertips. Mine were solid punches and elbows to the chest. The guy steps back into obscurity as the first guy starts talking about how there aren't any good schools anymore.

Well, that's my wing chun story.
    that is possibly the weirdest story ive heared so far.

you go into this store want to browse or buy something and then he pulls this **** on you?

didnt you get angry?!

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 7:49am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell

didnt you get angry?!
    he didn't get angry, the dude was a chunner. He just pitied him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 10:39am

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to have a ponytail and do 45 minutes of wooden dummy as a warmup.

I went to a Leung Ting seminar and had my t-shirt signed by The Grandmaster of Almightiness himself. I kept that tee for about 5 years. I later used it up as a rag in my workshop.

I still have a pic of myself (with a ponytail) standing behind a seated WT grandmaster (for better effect a short older guy from Hong Kong).

After about 6 months of WT I felt competent enough to be anybodies bodyguard.

I really thought there were millions of practicioners practicing WT worldwide.

I once fought a TKD guy at a party and defeated him by fook sao and chain punch. He immediately signed up for WT.

I've been "clean" since 1998.

:)

Tomas

Tomas

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 2:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "HELLO, TOMAS!"
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 2:30pm

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yesterday, while surfing the web, and image of Bruce Lee briefly appeared on my computer screen. I immediately turned off the computer, waited for 12 seconds, restarted it and cleaned the cache and the browser history. It was almost too late. I suddenly felt a strong urge to visit a local Wing Chun school.
    I felt my forearms tingling for chisau. I wanted to feel the rebound of chainpunches off of the chest protector of a fellow practicioner. Like in the old days. I wanted to gently bongsao the smooth arms of the wooden dummy while sticking to its lone leg with my shin. I have almost succumbed to cue-related relapse.

This group really helps me to stay clean.

Tomas
    Last edited by Tomas Drgon; 9/11/2007 2:35pm at .
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast