233387 Bullies, 4024 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314152161 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 3:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Choson,

I bet you know already, from reading criticisms on Youtube and forums, that one of the biggest criticisms of your collection of Youtube videos is the young kids who watch them get swept up in a cult-like mentality. There's some sort of strange hero worship and blind loyalty that is sometimes borderline inappropriate.

As far as I know, it's not something you directly instigated. But by giving out free videos online, you run the risk of attracting a specific demographic - the low self esteem, unconfident youth. People who are already into martial arts at their own schools, mcdojo or not, bullshido or not, TMA/MMA/whatever or not, will probably not be delving into Youtube vids that much, let alone yours. You've attracted a few lonely teens who look to belong to something, who see you doing what you do and decide that they're going to follow you - which is fine, but from what I've seen it looks like they haven't had the emotional relationships to know when to stop an internet fantasy. It's kind of like that early 90s internet dating boom where you'd have tons of teens racing home to log on and get it on with their e-drama.

So like I said, whether it's your fault directly is highly debatable, it's just one of those things that happens when you get on the net. But wouldn't it be better to redirect all that drama towards something a little more constructive? Sure you didn't flip the switch in those kids' brains to turn them into your own drama-filled e-army but you could defintely do something to get them off the net and get back into reality.

The criticisms behind the validity of your techniques and some of the issues behind the more cultural inconsistencies aren't that pressing - after all like someone stated before me, there's definitely worse out there.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on your followers.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 5:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Nintaijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    Hey Choson,

I bet you know already, from reading criticisms on Youtube and forums, that one of the biggest criticisms of your collection of Youtube videos is the young kids who watch them get swept up in a cult-like mentality. There's some sort of strange hero worship and blind loyalty that is sometimes borderline inappropriate.

As far as I know, it's not something you directly instigated. But by giving out free videos online, you run the risk of attracting a specific demographic - the low self esteem, unconfident youth. People who are already into martial arts at their own schools, mcdojo or not, bullshido or not, TMA/MMA/whatever or not, will probably not be delving into Youtube vids that much, let alone yours. You've attracted a few lonely teens who look to belong to something, who see you doing what you do and decide that they're going to follow you - which is fine, but from what I've seen it looks like they haven't had the emotional relationships to know when to stop an internet fantasy. It's kind of like that early 90s internet dating boom where you'd have tons of teens racing home to log on and get it on with their e-drama.

So like I said, whether it's your fault directly is highly debatable, it's just one of those things that happens when you get on the net. But wouldn't it be better to redirect all that drama towards something a little more constructive?
    I do appreciate your concerns here and what can I do other than help them if they need guidance and understanding that they are valued as a human being. If all the lonely kids out there will develop a healthy self esteem and understand that sharing with others out of love is good, why would I not accept them and be a good friend to them.

If they are trapped and lonely or they have issues and needs a helping hand towards the right direction, It is my sincere hope and I pray that they will go out and also start a healthy social life with others by sharing whatever they have in a positive and productive manner. I would almost do anything to encourage them. I hope I reach out to them with my philosophies and inner development videos and change them so they do not isolate themselve and further handicap their social needs and experiences. We have enough kids who are in poor mental health and they go out to schools and go on shooting others and really loosing it. I fear that oneday my 10 year old son will go to school and gets shot by these same lonely kid because society neglects them or they have isolated themselve to the point they do something tragic. I'll do my part and always encourage them to pursue a good and rewarding relationship with others. I can not change the World but I am making a difference. I am at peace with that. I know I'm at least helping a few individuals out there that I would never meet in life without the tool of the internet and just that alone I am very very grateful.

I am not starting somekind of religious cult or encouraging them to only follow me but rather go out and share with others and share good things. That mentallity which you suggest that I seed is truly uncalled for. It may just be a innocent comment on your behalf, but for me that was kind of low. I would think that viewers also knows the difference and are not ignorant enough not to know the difference.

What have I hidden from all of you? My humble skills and my humble performance may disappoint you but I try my best with what little I do have. I'm sure all of you have taken and studied Martial Arts all throughout your lives and you can of course judge me fairly but I ask that you see the true intentions and my spirit of love and BUDO/MUDO. I would think that I represent it well, anyways as best I can. I am not trying to make others misinterpet it as a Cult clan or a sect. I follow your basic Christian teachings and I have done nothing that warrents me being a cult. - in my opinion anyways.

Please allow me to help them the best I can with only the tools of the internet and my humble cheap canon camera. I do not have a Dojo or a Dojang yet. I go out to community centers and still teach them for free. I have had numerous amounts of Master who do have a training center and they have asked me to join them. But I have not accepted it because I really mean it when I say I have to much on the table and not limited to a schedule or a contract but I can go and start and share with whoever and whatever I want for FREE.

My dear friends, I urge you to really give me a chance to help the less fortunate who will not be able to get tutorials because they simply can not afford Martial Arts. Please allow me to promote good conduct and develop interest to obtain formal training in establishments such as yours. Then you can build our own cult or brainwash them to only your traditions and training and truly get them into a cult mindset. But I am not seeking such and I will never encourage it.
    I will try my best to encourage them to seek Martial Arts at a new level and not at a Internet program if they have a choice....Do you realize that the kids will eventually get tired of practicing by themselves and find or seek professionals such as yourself in the end. I hope they will desire passionately to train with others and become a part of a group . Its my hope that they seek people like you eventually.(who are qualified Instructors)

There are plenty of fakes out there in this world and predators of children, but I am not one of them. I really do care about people and thats something that I enjoy doing.

Although I have not met anyone of you, I am certain that alot of you have greater skills and knowledge than me. It amazes me that I can spend 10 minutes of my daily life and post a small tutorial and come this far with a cheap camera and time with the help of my little Toshiba laptop.

Your skills and knowledge would surpass me and people would know the difference after watching your tutorials. I urge you to join me if you can spare 10 minutes of your time so that we together can promote MA to even those who are not watching indirectly. All that is required is your sincere care and alittle diligence in time and effort. Not much to ask but a good heart and time spent with a tripod and a camera.

Can we do this promotion together? I still have no ill feelings and its always my intentions to become respectful friends and never insult you or disturb your inner peace. I get way to much attention for having only 12,000 subscribers. If it was in the 120,000. I would be alittle more understanding as to why people may think I am a threat or anything else. I just have another 581 videos to go and then I was going to give myself a break and go to Korea and study some more. I would disappear for awhile. But your making it difficult for me to promote anything let alone help kids that others neglect or don't have the time to help them even if they wanted to.

Either way, I am going to post videos and regardless of what is said, I'll provide them what little I know. I'm still a humble student and a sensei/sah bum/ instructor and I have yet to finish my goals and training. But thank you for your concern for those who are isolated and in need for guidance to a better social life and also enlightenment of the truth. I respect you and hold nothing you have written against you EternalRage. *bow*
    Last edited by ChosonNinja; 4/28/2008 12:19pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 5:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl
    So you respect dux even though he is a fraud? And by repecting everyone you then respect Charled Manson?
    LOL! I don't recall ever writing his name? Putting word into my mouth isn't a nice tactic. Forgive me for not agreeing with you. *bow*

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 5:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    ChosonNinja,

Where did you receive your Milgyo training?
    I am a humble sensei and I am still learning. Allow me to answer this after I have completed all of my training.

I hope you don't mind if I doge and duck question. I like to avoid conflict. Its not that I am shamed of my Sensei, but rather that people do not direct their insult at my teachers I avoid questions. You can see what little I have and I have yet more to post. After viewing everyhting, you can come to your own conclusions. I have taken alot and put them together so who can I truly give credit to? I want the insults only directed at me so I hope you understand. My teachers of the MA are respectable men and they do not want recognition or Insults but have encouraged me to continue. *bow*

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 5:20pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honesty
    Blimey. I wish I knew these techniques, your so lucky the police want your training. I can understand they wouldn't want anyone else to know them. I bet they are fantastic. You've made DVD's and sent them to departments, that brilliant. I wish I had one of those DVD's. I understand I cant have one because its super secret and only the police want it, but damn that would be cool.
    Thank you for your kind words and I am humbled. Arigatou Gozimasu/Gam sah ham me dah. *bow*

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 5:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ChosonNinja,

I'd appreciate it if you could answer my question. I'm not looking to flame or slander you, but I would like to discuss a few things.

THANK YOU and

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 5:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ChosonNinja,

I'd appreciate it if you could answer my question. I'm not looking to flame or slander you, but I would like to discuss a few things.

THANK YOU and I would never slander you even with a just cause. Its not that I avoid questions but rather I would like to think that I am protecting the interest and reputation of those who have taught me.

In all honesty, I have paid for lesson to "fakes" and self proclaimed Masters and not all my history of those who taught me can I share openly with pride. I am still pursuing a lawsuit to regain my money which I paid for lessons. I know what its like to be cheated and rewarded. I'm not all that happy with my choices but I chaulk it as lessons well learned.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 5:33pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChosonNinja
    I am a humble sensei and I am still learning. Allow me to answer this after I have completed all of my training.

I hope you don't mind if I doge and duck question. I like to avoid conflict. Its not that I am shamed of my Sensei, but rather that people do not direct their insult at my teachers I avoid questions. You can see what little I have and I have yet more to post. After viewing everyhting, you can come to your own conclusions. I have taken alot and put them together so who can I truly give credit to? I want the insults only directed at me so I hope you understand. My teachers of the MA are respectable men and they do not want recognition or Insults but have encouraged me to continue. *bow*
    ChosonNinja,

With all due respect sir, I do mind, and by tradition, you are bound to answer me. You may do so via private e-mail if you wish.

My teacher is Pohwa-seunim, who is a lineage holder under His Holiness, Myobong-daesa, student of the great Hyeam-daesa. My title is the Seonwonjang of Gakhwangsa, Dharma Teacher of Cheolryun Gwonbeop. I am MuSsang, Fist of the Chungsan Sect.

You have my Dharma Name. You have my lineage. You have my temple and sect name. If you would prefer my answer in Hanja, I can do that for you.

You may answer me here, or privately. Who is your Milgyo teacher, and who authorized to you teach Milgyo publicly via YouTube videos?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 5:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ChosonNinja,

With all due respect sir, I do mind, and by tradition, you are bound to answer me. You may do so via private e-mail if you wish.

My teacher is Pohwa-seunim, who is a lineage holder under His Holiness, Myobong-daesa, student of the great Hyeam-daesa. My title is the Seonwonjang of Gakhwangsa, Dharma Teacher of Cheolryun Gwonbeop. I am MuSsang, Fist of the Chungsan Sect.

You have my Dharma Name. You have my lineage. You have my temple and sect name. If you would prefer my answer in Hanja, I can do that for you.

You may answer me here, or privately. Who is your Milgyo teacher, and who authorized to you teach Milgyo publicly via YouTube videos?
    My teacher for that is Lee, Seung Kyun and he is a grad out of Yong In University(known back then as Korea Judo College) and he has passed away. I wish I could answer the lineage but I only have one. My KwanJangnim who taught and that is all I can offer you my friend. *bow*
    Last edited by ChosonNinja; 4/23/2008 6:08pm at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 6:22pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChosonNinja
    My teacher for that is Lee, Seung Kyun and he is a grad out of Yong In University(known back then as Korea Judo College) and he has passed away. I wish I could answer the lineage but I olny have one. My KwanJangnim who taught and that is all I can offer you my friend. *bow*
    I think you're confused. I'm not asking about your martial arts background. I'm asking about who authorized you to teach Milgyo, esoteric Korean Buddhism. Milgyo is something that can be very dangerous if practiced by those who have no preparation for it. What monk did you study under, and did he authorize you to teach publicly rather than through the traditional student-teacher relationship?

As found in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mRO1BpPm80
Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314152161 ... LastLast