Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 2:39am

Style: Tae Kwon Did

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    You wouldn't be dissin' the way we play touch football. Me and some dimmak mates get together to play T3h Death Touch Football. It's far too dangerous for tackle. (besides we have the anti-tackle.)
    No, I'm not dissing the way you play toch football
    Hey, any type of football is better then T3h TKD football.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 1:40pm

Style: Aikido Ceteris Paribus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Much of the loss in 'aliveness' complained of in the OP may be due to the nature of modern life. Insurance companies aren't fans of live blades or bare knuckle death matches, and average Joe needs to go to work the next day.

Just how many poor souls are there out there who believe 'aliveness' is a new concept? It's just a really ugly bastardisation of ungrammatical English. Nobody needs 'aliveness' as a term to describe what they do, least of all TMA.

But don't worry 'aliveness' neophytes, you are not alone in adopting and adapting, mixing up and mangling the word:

http://www.aliveness.org/membership.shtml

Process of inventing unnecessary neologism (not of course the way of Matt Thornton):

Let's not use 'realism' as that might be interpreted as useful for the street. Let's think of a sexy new word for being lively when we practice and actually, gasp, resist each other. Maybe people will pay more if they think we have something new?

It's almost as bad as these geezers who crop up on Bullshido having mangled a bit of Chinese or Japanese language for their new style - only this is more obvious as it is in Anglefish.

I'm not saying it is all done for pecuniary advantage, but it seems to have developed as common shorthand instead of being dismissed as totally unnecessary terminology. TMA's don't need it as they have a wealth of terms to describe what they do.

The OP seems to want more realistic hard training - why bring this stupid term into the debate.

For TMA people it's a bit like being 40 and listening to your daughter's mp3's, recognising a 1980's guitar riff and then being told it's not old at all, it couldn't be because it's goth rock and it's new. Argue and you WILL be wrong!

Get over it Modern Mixed Aliveness guys - it's not new, except for the label. TMA people know this and don't care.

I want two words to disappear from Bullshido: 'Aikido' and 'Aliveness' - both have outlived all usefulness in describing what we do.

P.S. heh heh, should earn me a few red varrots!
    Last edited by kiaiki; 9/09/2007 2:07pm at .

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiaiki
    Much of the loss in 'aliveness' complained of in the OP may be due to the nature of modern life. Insurance companies aren't fans of live blades or bare knuckle death matches, and average Joe needs to go to work the next day.

Just how many poor souls are there out there who believe 'aliveness' is a new concept? It's just a really ugly bastardisation of ungrammatical English. Nobody needs 'aliveness' as a term to describe what they do, least of all TMA.

But don't worry 'aliveness' neophytes, you are not alone in adopting and adapting, mixing up and mangling the word:

http://www.aliveness.org/membership.shtml

Process of inventing unnecessary neologism (not of course the way of Matt Thornton):

Let's not use 'realism' as that might be interpreted as useful for the street. Let's think of a sexy new word for being lively when we practice and actually, gasp, resist each other. Maybe people will pay more if they think we have something new?

It's almost as bad as these geezers who crop up on Bullshido having mangled a bit of Chinese or Japanese language for their new style - only this is more obvious as it is in Anglefish.

I'm not saying it is all done for pecuniary advantage, but it seems to have developed as common shorthand instead of being dismissed as totally unnecessary terminology. TMA's don't need it as they have a wealth of terms to describe what they do.

The OP seems to want more realistic hard training - why bring this stupid term into the debate.

For TMA people it's a bit like being 40 and listening to your daughter's mp3's, recognising a 1980's guitar riff and then being told it's not old at all, it couldn't be because it's goth rock and it's new. Argue and you WILL be wrong!

Get over it Modern Mixed Aliveness guys - it's not new, except for the label. TMA people know this and don't care.

I want two words to disappear from Bullshido: 'Aikido' and 'Aliveness' - both have outlived all usefulness in describing what we do.

P.S. heh heh, should earn me a few red varrots!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VE4GV5BIK0

Can someone please imbed that for me? I just want to make sure someone who reads the above gets to see Yoshinkan Aikido at it's finest before they die.

p.s CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS ****
    Last edited by Red Sauce; 9/09/2007 2:27pm at .

yes....

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 2:26pm

Style: drunken bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 2:26pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VE4GV5BIK0

MMA ftw, cut your losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Dude, whassup? Did they freeze your dick then accidentally use it to cool down a thimble full of water? Or, did you mis-spell crayonist? You know, the guy who makes sure the wax crayons you use aren't too sharp in case you decide to do the decent thing and kill yourself.
    Training log. Here

JFS vs The Villain here

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 2:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Abusivemelon why dontya embed this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBUe6DTt2s8

From http://www.shudokanaikido.com/

kthxkiss

EDIT: wow looks like some magic happened and I did it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 2:33pm

Style: Aikido Ceteris Paribus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And the RED SAUCE fish took hook, line and sinker! (LOL)

I don't do Ken Shin Kai so it's hardly relevant, is it? And the crapola Shudokan you show is some American association which sadly shares the name. Try again, maybe under Shudokan sites such as www.shudokan.info or www.aikidoshudokan.com.

If you found thousands of crap Aikido vids it has zilch to do with the topic, dumbass. Learn, my friend, learn. (I don't rise to your bait quite as easily as you do to mine. ;)

I'm not here to defend Aikido (read my post before pasting it).

Please defend 'aliveness' as a totally new way of fighting that we poor TMA people cannot possibly have done before.

Or possibly, as I learn from my superiors who use Bullshido with true 'aliveness' - STFU!! :)

P.S. What does 'imbed' mean?
    Last edited by kiaiki; 9/09/2007 2:40pm at .

yes....

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 2:34pm

Style: drunken bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah... the admins made it so that it'll embed automatically when you post the youtube link... but it doesn't always work because of the number of characters in the video value.

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 3:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiaiki
    And the RED SAUCE fish took hook, line and sinker! (LOL)

I don't do Ken Shin Kai so it's hardly relevant, is it? And the crapola Shudokan you show is some American association which sadly shares the name. Try again, maybe under Shudokan sites such as www.shudokan.info or www.aikidoshudokan.com.

If you found thousands of crap Aikido vids it has zilch to do with the topic, dumbass. Learn, my friend, learn. (I don't rise to your bait quite as easily as you do to mine. ;)

I'm not here to defend Aikido (read my post before pasting it).

Please defend 'aliveness' as a totally new way of fighting that we poor TMA people cannot possibly have done before.

Or possibly, as I learn from my superiors who use Bullshido with true 'aliveness' - STFU!! :)

P.S. What does 'imbed' mean?
    To be honest I didn't actually read your post, but then I don't have to - I just like making fun of Aikidoka.

poser

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 3:15pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Okay, so maybe what he meant to say is "bring aliveness to a number of traditional striking arts which rarely incorporate alive training."
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast