223596 Bullies, 4132 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 66
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Necroth is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks AK
    Posts
    598

    Posted On:
    9/07/2007 1:45am


     Style: Vale Tudo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edit-
    Last edited by Necroth; 9/07/2007 1:48am at . Reason: Tom moved the post I was replying to.
  2. Necroth is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks AK
    Posts
    598

    Posted On:
    9/07/2007 1:48am


     Style: Vale Tudo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hemmorrhage:



    Firstly, if you claim lineage in anything and claim that lineage is unbroken for hundreds of years, then you bear the burden of proof on backing up the claims. Likewise claiming rank after rank after rank, as Christa does, must be proven. if you can't prove it, then don't claim it. Simple as that. I have no rank, I claim no rank in any martial art, because rank means little to nothing to me. Nor does teaching mean anything to me. But here's where we can analogize teaching in one form to teaching in another. See if you can follow this:



    A new teacher in your high school claims to have a Bachelor's in Biology, a Masters in Molecular Biology, and their PhD. in the same. They are hired with the express intent of being asked to teach two lower level Bio courses, one upperclass Bio course and a college Molec. Bio course for concurrent credit. Now, it is this teacher's burden of proof to uphold the claims of their teaching certs. and no one elses. If the same teacher were to be found to actually have a Bachelor's in Business, no masters, and no PhD., the parents, faculty and students they lied to would be absolutely outraged.



    Now, let's replace all the words above with slightly different wording, but keep the same basic format of the paragraph:



    A new teacher in your dojo claims to have a Nidan in Kempo, a Shidan in Aikijujutsu, and their Yodan in Taijutsu. They are hired with the express intent of being asked to teach two lower level Kempo classes per week, one upperclass Aikijujutsu class and an expert's level Taijutsu class for BB students. Now, it is this teacher's burden of proof to uphold the claims of their teaching certs. and no one elses. If the same teacher were to be found to actually have a Sankyu in Kempo, no Shidan, and no Yodan, the parents, faculty and students they lied to would be absolutely outraged.



    The mission of Bullshido is to track down the information surrounding such wild claims. If Christa has the certifications and has the support of actual masters in their field (if a teacher has the certifications and the actual backing of those colleges he/she claims to have gone to) then it is easy to provide said evidence to support said claims. Why would she want to do that here, at this tiny, insignificant site, you ask? Integrity. Which any martial artist should have. Without integrity, martial arts is nothing but one flim-flam artist teaching gullible students and making a quick buck off of mysticism.



    As for personal issues, her website points directly to the photograph sets, many of which are quite risque. Calling it slander when someone talks about something you openly put out on yourwebsite dealing with background, biography, and, here's the kicker, list of black belts and other qualifications, is idiocy. You didn't have to link the pictures to the same site where you make serious claims of being an instructor, and more to the point, if you teach kids it's not the best move to make in the first place. Funny thing is, I bet my whole paycheck this week that Christa's dojo/gym/etc. has a children's program. When you add children to the mix, the linking of these photographs to the same site where said children's parents can see your laundry list of rank is tantamount to supreme stupidity, as the vast majority of parents don't want to know that their martial arts instructor takes naked photographs of his/her body and posts them on the internet. In other words, don't bring up your personal life if you don't want your personal life brought up.



    But more to the point and away from the personal issues, if she dislikes what's being said ON BULLSHIDO then taking it up ON BULLSHIDO is probably a better idea than with some third party who has NO CONTROL OVER BULLSHIDO. Maybe you can't see how that works, maybe you're just trolling a response from us, or maybe you actually think you're the first person to malign Bullshido by claiming we're too unimportant a site for anyone to care. Regardless of which of these reasons YOU decided to take up the cause for Christa, we don't care what you say on her behalf, as you are not a) Christa coming with evidence, b) one of the instructors who purportedly gave her rank coming with evidence, or c) someone with some form of new information concerning the investigation. Thank you for playing, but there's no concilation prize. Kthnxbye.
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,927

    Posted On:
    9/07/2007 2:24am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemorrhage
    [SIZE=2]...a place where anyone can be anyone. Do you want me to prove that I've shaken hands with Bill Clinton? Sure, let me just boot up Photoshop for a second.

    Assuming things like you are now is just creating room for possible error, and thats what makes opinions like those posted on forums like these worthless.

    It's not just you either, this is an issue in basically every forum that just makes the whole reason for them seem pointless. I had to join up to this forum just to make that point.


    It's websites like these that trivialize the entire meaning and purpose of martial arts.


    I'm not affiliated with Budo Ryu and I don't need to prove what I've earned throughout my life because I don't need too in order for my point to be valid.
    You are saying opinions are worthless.
    Then a few hundred words later you say you have a valid point.

    So, these two points negate each other.

    Forums are pointless.
    Yet, you joined up to make a point which makes them of use.

    So these two points negate each other.

    I'm going to stop here because, your whole post is full of these contradictions and it totals zero.

    Which makes it a waste of my time.
  4. Hemorrhage is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9

    Posted On:
    9/07/2007 2:24am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kodokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah because, you know, 5 year old children understand such things when looking up information on a martial art while online. Afterall, martial arts is all about integrity and little to do with the practical application of combat. WHAT A FOOL I WAS!!! Who would of guessed that thousands of children had hundreds of dollars to spend on nude photos the size of an entire wall...oh wait, they can't. She must be on some kind of insane quest to pollute the mind of our youngsters!

    You keep speaking as if things are like this because thats how you think the majority of people are. The main focus of martial arts isn't that it's a business, it's the teaching of skills that could save your life, be it a description on how to kick someone in the crotch for $25 to a blind man or the greatest and slickest moves of all time from the greatest of masters.

    Pop quiz, the greatest skilled fighter to learn kenpo at 30 years old accidentally trips and falls on a blade laying on a ground and dies when a young man of 10 years old successfully fights barbarically to survive on the streets for 50 years, where's your rationalization there? Training in something that "is proven to be legitimate" doesn't necessarily mean it will work when it's your time to defend yourself. So WHY THE HELL CARE? It sure as hell doesn't involve either of us, so there isn't any point. Her being legit or not doesn't effect us in any way, and you guys are trying to perform a public service based on ranks and titles instead of practicality. You have no clue if the people you are bashing are actually teaching something that could improve anyones fighting ability and you don't seem to care.

    You may of not noticed but just look at the e-mail whats-his-face posted and you can see pretty easily that he is who she was talking about. How can you deny the fact that there isn't a personal agenda involved? It's totally understandable why anyone would want to take care of something like that in a private manner while someone like suddenimpact constantly tries to drag her out into the public. It would just fuel the fire against her if she came here. For instance look at what I'm doing now, the more I post the more people shout up against me...it's normal to feel secure on your side of the computer and throw digital stones. It's easier than using your head to look at it form other peoples point of views.

    Oh I know I'm a hypocrite, in order for you to stab at me for making a contradiction you have to agree with my statement that opinions are useless...but that would in turn make your own opinions worthless, so really the time all of us are using here is really just one big waste. It's either both of us are right or neither of us is right. Either way your screwed, funny isn't it? Nothing matters on a universal level, anyone who says otherwise is a hypocrite just as everyone here is including myself. Just trying to get people to kick back, live and be content while they can. Wouldn't everyone rather hang out with their friends or something they enjoy instead of worrying about stuff like this?
    Last edited by Hemorrhage; 9/07/2007 2:59am at .
  5. Necroth is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks AK
    Posts
    598

    Posted On:
    9/07/2007 2:58am


     Style: Vale Tudo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Zealotry at it's finest there. Totally dodge the actual meat-and-potatos of my post about claiming and giving evidence to back up claims and, instead, take a couple shots at kids not knowing what nudity is? Seriously, it doesn't matter if kids do or don't understand nudity. As I wrote, it's parents you should be concerned about. Parent sees list of belts, years in competition, experiences...oh, what's this? A link to photographs. HOLY ****! My kid's instructor nude! I didn't need to see this linked to the site where I was finding out his/her credentials!

    Now, back to throwing stones, wasnt' that your point in calling Bullshido.net less than worthy to investigate the credentials of instructors and schools? You came here to throw the stones, we came here to investigate someone who is portraying themselves a specific way. Whose mission is more slanted?

    Now, allow me to look at things from his/her point-of-view: I feel I am being slandered. Someone at a website I could easily come to and present my evidence to is talking about me. Should I spend the 15 minutes it will take to present backing credentials and/or contact numbers for the instructors who gave me rank?

    Well, that was a pretty simple thought process. Best part of it all is that contact information for the instructors in question would provide all the information needed to end this entire thing. We aren't out to ruin lives here. We are trying to save people money and time if they are thinking of going to an isntructor who has been proven to be a liar. Look up Ashida Kim, Coda Scott, or many of the other people Bullshido has busted and, in all good conscience, tell me that you think these people should be teaching ANYTHING about martial arts. That said, if the subject of an investigation does not like the investigation, it's a simple matter of providing the evidence to end said investigation. But still a nice dodge on your part. You've got real potential at being an obfuscation expert.

    PS:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hemmorrhage
    So WHY THE HELL CARE? It sure as hell doesn't involve either of us, so there isn't any point. Her being legit or not doesn't effect us in any way, and you guys are trying to perform a public service based on ranks and titles instead of practicality.
    A murder does not involve the police officer who investigates it, yet they take their time to save other people from murder. Petty theft does not involve the loss prevention specialist who investigates it directly, yet they take their time out to save other people from further theft. You fail at arguments.
    Last edited by Necroth; 9/07/2007 3:01am at .
  6. Hemorrhage is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9

    Posted On:
    9/07/2007 3:21am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kodokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They are slanted about the same, I don't necessarily need evidence to back up my claims since I'm just trying to get people to see things differently, I don't have an issue with just bullshido, but people who are shooting virtual guns and hitting what could be innocent people in the crossfire.

    And again I don't see an issue with the pictures, it is an art-style afterall, freaking out about that is like freaking out about an obviously gay guy sititng next to you at Mcdonalds.

    The only thing you have going for you in your debate is the fact of how the majority responds to us. The majority want to see rank and title as a representation of skill, the majority don't want to see naked pictures of a martial art teacher on the website. But please, and this is just a simple question...why why why why why why why does it matter? Your kids gym coach might be just as much as a sexual deviant than herself (keep forgetting her name) and as I've said before, a kick in the crotch might be just as effective as a master of anything. So why does it matter? Is it all about the money? Are our bickerings of status a result of the world turning torwards capitalization? Is it for respect and honor? Are martial arts so out of place right now that it's more important to look at it as an art rather than as a practice of combat?

    I guess the real answer for practicality would be the martial arts and weaponry used by the special forces around the world instead of all of this mumbo jumbo...hmm...but that would be a contradiction to my earlier paragraph. Ahhh the search for truth is the most pointless and important thing in the world.

    "A murder does not involve the police officer who investigates it, yet they take their time to save other people from murder. Petty theft does not involve the loss prevention specialist who investigates it directly, yet they take their time out to save other people from further theft. You fail at arguments."

    We arn't talking about action and reaction, again things arn't as simple as that...a point you apparently keep missing. It would be more comparable to insurance, people are dedicating their time and money to something they may or may not ever need and will never know for sure. That makes things complicated, not so cut and dry as you try to make them out to be, what the hell is it and your constant struggle to organize everything? Congratulations, you just spent an entire lifetime dedicating your time to a martial art and lifestyle that many claimed to be fake and wrong, but it brought you happiness...so the question is, was it worth it? Would you really care what other people said when it worked for you?
    Last edited by Hemorrhage; 9/07/2007 3:33am at .
  7. BackFistMonkey is offline
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,285

    Posted On:
    9/07/2007 3:31am

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I made it this far .


    Quote Originally Posted by Hemorrhage
    Yeah because, you know, 5 year old children understand such things when looking up information on a martial art while online. Afterall, martial arts is all about integrity and little to do with the practical application of combat. WHAT A FOOL I WAS!!! Who would of guessed that thousands of children had hundreds of dollars to spend on nude photos the size of an entire wall...oh wait, they can't. She must be on some kind of insane quest to pollute the mind of our youngsters!

    You keep speaking as if things are like this because thats how you think the majority of people are. The main focus of martial arts isn't that it's a business, it's the teaching of skills that could save your life, be it a description on how to kick someone in the crotch for $25 to a blind man or the greatest and slickest moves of all time from the greatest of masters.


    :( ... I was expecting to follow this post no matter how insane/asinine/retarded it became . I failed .

    Are you in any of the videos ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
  8. BackFistMonkey is offline
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,285

    Posted On:
    9/07/2007 3:35am

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemorrhage
    They are slanted about the same, I don't necessarily need evidence to back up my claims since I'm just trying to get people to see things differently, I don't have an issue with just bullshido, but people who are shooting virtual guns and hitting what could be innocent people in the crossfire.
    So you want to sway opinion and not have the burden of proof ? ...


    Why should you get the magic power to say whatever the **** you want and have it believed without offering up something to back up your statements ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
  9. Hemorrhage is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9

    Posted On:
    9/07/2007 3:35am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kodokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should maybe try to look at it in a way other than directly at it. You can sway peoples opinions without proof, in a website like this where people are entrenched to look at everything in a negative light automatically instead of a positive one, any kind of change in perspective is a positive one. Proof is just something that helps organized topics...but I'm not the one in control of your brain. I'm not trying to move your brain in one direction and one direction only, I'm just trying to get it to move.
    Last edited by Hemorrhage; 9/07/2007 3:40am at .
  10. BackFistMonkey is offline
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar

    Actual Photo

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    8,285

    Posted On:
    9/07/2007 3:39am

    supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemorrhage
    You should maybe try to look at it in a way other than directly at it.
    Like :

    Ignore the bright pink elephent , the nun on fire , government corruption , and gay republicans getting caught by the hand full ?

    ...

    I don't know that list is already pretty long ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hemorrhage
    You should maybe try to look at it in a way other than directly at it.
    turned into this at 3:40

    Quote Originally Posted by Hemorrhage
    You should maybe try to look at it in a way other than directly at it. You can sway peoples opinions without proof, in a website like this where people are entrenched to look at everything in a negative light automatically instead of a positive one, any kind of change in perspective is a positive one. Proof is just something that helps organized topics...but I'm not the one in control of your brain. I'm not trying to move your brain in one direction and one direction only, I'm just trying to get it to move.


    The sad thing is that ... my comment is still just as on topic .

    I will now simply add .

    The proof is in the pudding kid .

    you can stop editing your posts to make sense you still fail .
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 9/07/2007 3:50am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.