Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 12:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kodokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

putting the bull in bullshido

Why? Do you honestly believe coming here and posting on this thread to defend oneself is more important than going straight to, in her eyes, the source of the problem? Do you guys really see yourselves as so superior that you need the first and foremost word on any happenings that occur within "the schools your investigating"? You do realize that you guys are bantering back and forth on an online forum don't you...a place where anyone can be anyone. Do you want me to prove that I've shaken hands with Bill Clinton? Sure, let me just boot up Photoshop for a second.

It's sad that theres people here who take it so seriously. It's not like your doing this to defend newcomers from fake schools, this is entirely a pride and self-esteem issue. Going along that mentality you honestly would be doing more good by going to your local city and camping out back-ally schools you've never been in that take lesson payments in forms of alchohol (which you don't, your sitting behind a computer and pressing buttons while sipping a nice cold beer) and preventing anyone from entering than you would on this and other forum...but you won't really know what's inside unless you go in and experience it first hand. Assuming things like you are now is just creating room for possible error, and thats what makes opinions like those posted on forums like these worthless.

It's kind of laughable really, you have a member here who started this thread who claims that he isn't doing this for some kind of revenge kick when 21 of 23 of his entire posts on this forum have to do with her, including his very first ones...not to mention he had to bump his own thread an additional 3 times before anyone responded in any serious manner, and the fact that the e-mail which he kind of looks like stole shows that theres been bad blood between them for awhile now. It's not just you either, this is an issue in basically every forum that just makes the whole reason for them seem pointless. I had to join up to this forum just to make that point.

It's all about ranks and titles here and it's sad. Do you really think it matters on the street and on the battlefield? If some middle aged homeless person has the skill to be able to compete with the greatest fighters in the world, whats more important? His titles and ranks he never gained or the fact that if he ever gets in a position where his life is threatened, he can always dispatch his would-be dispatchers? You don't care and it's hilarious how you guys have illusioned yourselves enough to make yourselves think that what you say matters. Unless you challenge them in fighting yourself, or you are forced into a situation where you must do combat with another school, then shut the hell up and just life your life.

It's websites like these that trivialize the entire meaning and purpose of martial arts. I'm not affiliated with Budo Ryu and I don't need to prove what I've earned throughout my life because I don't need too in order for my point to be valid. If you live your entire life looking for official validity in others then you will live blind, the world cannot be simplified like that so easily despite how much you try, I just hope it doesn't take a life crippling gunshot wound for you to realize that.

And it's a shame, because chances are you will see this as a direct attack on yourselves and you will become even more closed minded, whip out sayings like "Until you prove who you are and what you've done then STFU"...and I will just sit here and just laaaaaaaaauuuugggghhhh. It's like the combat version of religion...the entire "If they are different than me then they are wrong" mentality.
    Last edited by Hemorrhage; 9/07/2007 12:45am at .

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 12:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two 1st-time posters comin' in, just to contribute to this thread. Nice. The plot thickens...

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 12:36am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hell its like a soap opera in here, I couldn't resist

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 12:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it's just funny, thats all. If I remember correctly the original ninja were peasants who created ninjutsu to defend themselves. I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt they gave a **** about legitimacy. If it was practical and served a purpose, then they used it...and in this case, unless you can go to schools like Budo Ryu here and show first hand that they are in fact inferior in practicality, with proper titles and ranks or not, then you are wasting everyones time.

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 12:59am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I disagree. It does matter if it's legit. If someone claims to have been taught in a certain martial arts style, then they've made a promise to the students that that's what they'll be learning. Or at least they expect someone with that experience, not just someone that was walking down the street, got held up, kicked their ass and thought, "hey, I should teach people this ****."
    Last edited by Exlax5000; 9/07/2007 1:02am at .

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 1:08am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemorrhage
    Well it's just funny, thats all. If I remember correctly the original ninja were peasants who created ninjutsu to defend themselves. I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt they gave a **** about legitimacy. If it was practical and served a purpose, then they used it...and in this case, unless you can go to schools like Budo Ryu here and show first hand that they are in fact inferior in practicality, with proper titles and ranks or not, then you are wasting everyones time.
    What do you mean "if I remember correctly"? Don't start with that "peaceful ninja peasants defending their families from the horrible samurai tyrants" crap. No one here's interested in what those Budo Ryu guys/gals/whatevers are brainwashing you saps with.

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 1:14am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok then if it worked, and theres proof that it works at least on some level, wouldn't it be wise to understand it and see if you could somehow apply it to yourself? No art is perfect, learning perfect ninjutsu won't save you every time...where it might fail just a simple forward kick in the crotch might prevail, you don't know because the different types of fighting situations is damn near infinite. So what's the point of going around and labeling people as fake and useless just by what titles and ranks they've earned from other schools?

Besides your missing the point, these people are judging them without even attempting to see things from the point of view of the people their attacking. They automatically label them as "frauds who just want a paycheck". Things arn't that simple.

*EDIT* --

I said "If I remember correctly" meaning "If what I remember is the truth". I don't know if it's really the truth, do you? Maybe the ninja are really an evil secret society who just murdered people for fun and sexual pleasure, I don't know. Point is what they used as a martial art was used because it worked and not because of all the crap you people are bickering about today.
    Last edited by Hemorrhage; 9/07/2007 1:27am at .

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 1:32am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 1:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't really about the effectiveness of the ninja, more about the purpose of the website and your guys's attitude in general.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 1:44am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my gawd. I can't do this again. Read the link on Tom Kagan's post. That's about as close to truth as you're gonna get when it comes to "Budo Ryu". Oh, & that name is ridiculous, btw.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast