Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 3:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dynamic Stretching

I've been reading about all of this dynamic stretching and how it's so much better than normal stretching but i can't find anything online that really tell's me what exercises i need to do to help with my high kicks, well the only thing i can find want 30 for a dvd or a book.

Could anyone possibly give me a quick rundown and briefly setup a routine for me to follow every morning and evening that would help me with my flexibility? It would be hugely appreciated.

Antiquated

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 3:14pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oops. Please use the correct forums.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 3:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas
    Oops. Please use the correct forums.
    Sorry, i thought this was the right forum oops.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 3:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm afraid I don't know of anything online but this is the book you want to get

" The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 4:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thankyou, was looking at that book and ordered it now :).

How long per stretching session, one in the morning and one at night, should i be stretching and doing the exercises?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/09/2007 5:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a thread stickied in this very forum that might be worth checking out http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21555
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 12:46am

Style: Crosstraining/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no "cookie-cutter" approach to stretching that works for everyone. Your body has its own unique flexibility issues that will have to be explored on your own time. Read the book you ordered and ask questions of the author at www.stadion.com - That particular book also has an extensive Q&A section tailored for questions like those you are asking here.

While someone here could write up a generic stretching program for you, there is a good chance that it won't address some aspect of your limitations, and therefore it won't help you much. If you want a quick-fix, get a good athletic trainer to work with you and set up a stretching program. If they are truly knowledgeable about stretching and flexibility, you might be amazed.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 2:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thankyou for the great replies.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 2:59am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As Ashe mentioned, the book has an extensive Q&A section that i found extremely helpful as well as stretching routines designed for various athletes, including Martial Artists.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2007 10:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another thing you can do is a google search for Brad Appleton's compilation on stretching & flexibility. He describes various methods, including dynamic stretching.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast