Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 3:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I moved to Toronto and wondered why the police were ignoring me. They didn't even stare me down as they drove past! Then I noticed they were looking at all the black guys instead.
    Impossible, Meataxe! Everybody knows Canada is a Utopian society with no guns and free healthcare. They couldn't possibly have any racism.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DBallZ77
    I'm going to go ahead and assume you are being sarcastic meataxe. I'm not an ex gangbanger and cops pull me over for nothing all the time... I'm used to it now, which is ridiculous. And MajinFajita... did you say colored? Are we living in the 50's or something? I don't know of any ethnic group that likes the term colored.
    I don't mind (and haha @ you after seeing CNagy's post on the NAACP.)

Quote Originally Posted by DBallZ77
    The one thing from the article that's weird is that it said the officers called him an "African American and other disrespectful terms" (Quoted from original article) Since when is calling a black man an African American disrespectful? Either way, too many cops are crooked; even one is too many.
    Depends on how it's used or the tone. This is all rethorical since we don't know the actual facts or words (yet) that were used... but, if you call someone by their real or apparent nationality, ethnicity or race for no apparent reason (.ie. "hey you Mexican/Black Person/White Man/Arab, let me see your papers"), I would find that very fucking insulting.

However, most likely it was overzealous PC editing.

Hope Terry wins.
    Me too.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 4:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    African American is an offensive term if you're
    a. From any country in Africa but aren't of negroid descent, say if you're Egyptian or an Afrikaaner
    b. Of negroid descent but from from an non-African country, like Haiti or the Dominican Republic
    c. a white guy who doesn't understand why I'm called white, and am not entitled to be called a Mediterranean European American.
    (Incidentally, there are three races in the world, negroid, caucasoid, and mongoloid, as defined by anthropologists, so I don't want any **** about the words.)

BJJ wins again!

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DB77, lighten up.

Cowboycop, I'm not a cop-basher (check my posts on TFL and THR.)

But this is the Chicago PD we're talking about. Racism is one of the basic institutional tenets of that department. Arrogance is another. Lawlessness is not uncommon.

It wasn't so many years ago that a Chicago cop shot an unarmed, unresisting man in the head at a Chicago METRA station--right in front of a security camera, which recorded the whole event. He didn't lose his job. He was not arrested. He was later promoted to detective. Chicago.

A few years ago another young black guy named Roderick Pritchett was driving down the road with a legally-owned handgun unloaded in a case on the seat next to him. He'd just been to the range. That's all perfectly legal, except that he was technically inside Chicago city limits and thus guilty of the misdemeanor of possessing an unregistered handgun (outside Chicago, where he lived, that's not a crime.)
    The cops charged him with Unlawful Use of a Weapon, the state felony charge for concealed carry. When they found out that what he was doing was legal, they changed their reports to say the gun was loaded and under the seat with no case. The idiots left the case on the inventory, though, and it still said it had been found in the front seat. Couldn't explain that very well. The prosecutor went ahead with the case and if Concealed Carry, Inc. hadn't hired the kid a good lawyer, he'd have been convicted and probably sent to prison with a felony record.

You just can't take a chance with Chicago PD. Unless you're from the neighborhood, you don't know which one is the good cop on the beat and which one is running a cocaine ring in cahoots with street gangs (another case that really happened a couple of years ago in Chicago--the whole story only came out this year.)

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 5:07pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchyMcFace
    African American is an offensive term if you're
    a. From any country in Africa but aren't of negroid descent, say if you're Egyptian or an Afrikaaner
    b. Of negroid descent but from from an non-African country, like Haiti or the Dominican Republic
    c. a white guy who doesn't understand why I'm called white, and am not entitled to be called a Mediterranean European American.
    (Incidentally, there are three races in the world, negroid, caucasoid, and mongoloid, as defined by anthropologists, so I don't want any **** about the words.)
    Nope. That's incorrect. Those are relic terms from a colonial era (which are still missused today.) No anthropologist uses that form of classification today.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Lightweight

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 5:39pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboycop
    Thanks for painting with such a wide brush. I wasn't aware this was an anti-LEO site.
    Nah I'd say the bullshido population is reflective of the general population in the US. Don't sweat it, its all in fun. (list of people I must torture at the next throwdown: Mastachance, DBallz,... damn, the rest seem to be Canadians)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 8:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma, kali, guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Understood, Don. Chicago is Chicago. Had a LEO friend in NYC carrying under HR218, law that allows active law enforcement to carry concealed off duty anywhere in the US. Officers that stopped him said "That federal stuff doesn't include NYC". I know that there are good and bad in every group, I just felt the need to stand up for other cops when such blanket comments as some of the statements were. Part of my job right now can involve investigating officers accused of using excessive force, etc. No breaks given here, no "fraternal organizations" setting the standards like on the east coast. It's nice to be in a flyover state sometimes.

Actual Photo

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 8:24am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyboy
    Nah I'd say the bullshido population is reflective of the general population in the US. Don't sweat it, its all in fun. (list of people I must torture at the next throwdown: Mastachance, DBallz,... damn, the rest seem to be Canadians)
    Great more law enforcement who wanna throw me down and wrassle me .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

BJJ wins again!

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 8:32am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Officers that stopped him said "That federal stuff doesn't include NYC".
    The rights of the Sovereign Nation of New York City are not for you to question, Imperialist American running pig-dog!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12