Page 5 of 5 First 12345
  1. #41
    Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc. supporting member
    Ke?poFist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,919
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I like beer. I think something can be arranged.....but training has to come first. Its like, you don't smoke before you get laid, right?
    >Insert BJJ is gay joke here<

    Why do people like you make it so easy!?

    Side Note: Yesterday after training, I managed to pull out a beautiful knee-bar in open rolling. I told the guy that after that I nearly took up smoking :)
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee


  2. #42
    It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said. supporting member
    JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,290
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    >Insert BJJ is gay joke here<

    Why do people like you make it so easy!?

    Side Note: Yesterday after training, I managed to pull out a beautiful knee-bar in open rolling. I told the guy that after that I nearly took up smoking :)
    I think it would be more awkward if I made it hard, don't you think?

    That's right folks, I'll be here all week.

    Besides, aren't you a blue-belt? You're like, easily three years more gay than me.....and you did kempo, the style with the best hair in the business. And you were dry humping some dudes leg recently, oh its a KNEE BAR! Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

    -excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

  3. #43
    Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc. supporting member
    Ke?poFist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,919
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I think it would be more awkward if I made it hard, don't you think?

    That's right folks, I'll be here all week.

    Besides, aren't you a blue-belt? You're like, easily three years more gay than me.....and you did kempo, the style with the best hair in the business. And you were dry humping some dudes leg recently, oh its a KNEE BAR! Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
    ...... :qright1:
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee


  4. #44
    It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said. supporting member
    JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,290
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    ...... :qright1:

    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

    -excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    11
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    I have yet to watch a class of yours Jeff, but I think what you do is closer to sparring than you think based on our talk. I think you're just used to seeing point sparring or kickboxing and assume that's what most hold true to be "sparring."
    That could be. I obviously sparred in karate, and I've done some sparring since I've been in the Bujinkan.

    Honestly, I just don't enjoy it. It puts me in a bad mindset from what I want, combatively. But this is something that we've talked about before, and I'm sure we'll continue to discuss. It may be that we're doing some sort of newfangled sparring and just don't know it, though.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, thanks for being respectful all around. I learned a hell of a lot from Kempofist and the others on the Throwdown. Both Jeff and I were quite appreciative. I also appreciate learning some of the differences between wrestling and BJJ, which I really didn't know.

    Despite being a beginner in the Bujinkan, I'm off to Japan in a couple weeks, but I hope I'm able to make the next throwdown....Kempofist nearly tore my head off at one point!

Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO