Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 11:42am

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ninjas in NYC Chinatown?

Ugh, say it isn't so? http://www.muzosa.com/home/start.html

Take a look at that "gem" of a breakfall in the video section. Where they teach you to breakfall into a handspring. Kinda hard to be a ninja in a real fight when your arm/wrist is broken, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 12:41pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe this is what generated the internet story that a Ninja beating up 20 Shaolin Monks. Only instead of a Ninja from Japan it was one of these guys, and instead of 20 actual monks it was 20 local Chinese kids in school uniforms.

Maybe the local Chinese masters will run this guy out of ChinaTown. They could send it a scroll like in the movie "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story".

Knock at the door, little beaten up Chinese Kid hands scroll to school owner, "I'm not monk you plick" runs off.

Head Ninja, " What? Oh Arigato. What the hell is this another take out menu? I can't even read this, I'll just go to the address at the bottom and check the place out."

Head Ninja walks into darkly lit Chinese gaming hall, "Yeah I'd like to place an order, I need 2 fried rice and..." Doorman points to a table of old Chinese men playing MahJong, " Oh ok I place orders at that table, Arigato. Hi, I got this menu dropped of at my school but I can't read it and thought I'd come check this place out, so I need 2 orders of fried rice and..."

"It's not menu you jackass! It's challenge, you know Gong Sau!"

"I've never had Gong Sau, do you guys have Cream of Sum Young Gai? I love that stuff."

"Aiya, you are a dumbfuck. It is challenge to fight! You stop teaching fake Japanese art in Chinatown, you go somewhere else and teach. I already asked my Japanese friend if you could teach in Little Japan but they said no way, they don't want you idiots either. Also you stop spouting bullshit on internet about beating up 20 monks, they weren't monks, they 1st graders at local school."

"But they're uniforms were orange like monks."

"So are the uniforms of some construction worker, go fight with them asshole!"

"I would accept your challenge to fight, but my techniques are too deadly to use for real so I'll just move my school somewhere else."

"Your techniques are too deadly? That's strange, so are ours. Maybe we could just have a Chi projection challenge instead? First one to KO 10 students with chi blast wins. Deal?"

"That sounds fair."

"Ok then here's the address of Chinese Masonic Lodge, we have challenge in the parking lot around back. Oh and here is your order of Fried rice and Cum of Sum Young Gai."

"You mean Cream?"

"Yeah, that's what I meant. Prepare yourself we'll will have challenge in 2 weeks."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 12:43pm

Style: .45ACP & Confusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I studied Bujinkan for a couple of years in my late teens / early 20ís.

(Go ahead, commence with the flaming)

While studying Bujinkan, break-falls where a huge part of our training.

I have never seen anything like what they are doing in that video. I honestly donít know what they are thinking.
    Last edited by AMH; 9/06/2007 12:46pm at .

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 9:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They teach that you shouldn't slap when you breakfall.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 10:35pm

Style: tkd, kickboxing, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone notice this gem???

------------------------------------
    Alex Phinn
    Assistant Instructor

Alex began training at Muzosa in 2005, and was promoted to shodan that same year.

Curtis Abu
    Assistant Instructor

Curtis began training on his own, joined Muzosa in 2005, and was promoted to shodan that same year.

-------------------------------------

1 year to shodan? Nice, they must be awsome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 7:51am

Style: .45ACP & Confusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BASE853
    Did anyone notice this gem???

------------------------------------
    Alex Phinn
    Assistant Instructor

Alex began training at Muzosa in 2005, and was promoted to shodan that same year.

Curtis Abu
    Assistant Instructor

Curtis began training on his own, joined Muzosa in 2005, and was promoted to shodan that same year.

-------------------------------------

1 year to shodan? Nice, they must be awsome.
    I will have to go look at it again. I missed that. Maybe he trained in Bujinkan at another school and already had rank? If not than yes, "they must be awsome".

LOL

As I mentioned earlier, I studied Bujinkan for a couple of years a while back and made it to green belt (I cant remember the nomenclature).

I dont know what is going on at this school, I will go back to the site and look it over again.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 8:37am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    They teach that you shouldn't slap when you breakfall.
    actually there are many breakfall variations that don't require slapping (that's more of a mat technique anyway.)

not to excuse their weak as breakfalling, just to say that lack of slapping =/= the suck.

they most certainly do suck, and they shouldn't be letting students breakfall like that, putting their wrists in danger, though.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2007 5:47pm

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    actually there are many breakfall variations that don't require slapping (that's more of a mat technique anyway.)

not to excuse their weak as breakfalling, just to say that lack of slapping =/= the suck.

they most certainly do suck, and they shouldn't be letting students breakfall like that, putting their wrists in danger, though.
    We've got a lot of videos on our site. Can someone point me to the videos in question? There seem to be a mix of criticisms from different videos. I'd like to be on the same page as the people I'm talking with.

Thanks!

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    10/22/2007 6:24pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist

Ming:
    If I saw correctly, this video was in reference to teaching a student to handspring, which while a useless technique to fighting, I can see it being fun. However, I can see that getting ugly for the kids wrist if he happens to direct his bulk in the wrong direction.

This is directed at Jchristian:

However, I take issue with every example on your site standing clinch work. It looks patently ineffective. And apologies if this offends but you opened yourself to criticism here. Your concept of "controlling the spine" doesn't make any sense when aligned with its applications. How do you propose to control the bulk of a human, while holding just his wrist? Its against the laws of physics. Hell, I'm sure you can break his wrist but you're not gonna toss him around by his hand unless he helps you do it.

This aiding the technique is something I've seen a lot of.

And before you ask, yes I've studied with a registered school in the Booj, New York Budo in fact, I've held kyu rank, and I still think your training methods are deeply flawed and a large chunk of the curriculum is useless for the purpose for which you intend it.

This illusion that one can fight without exerting effort is just that. The appearance of effortless fighting is one that comes only after years of effort and hard training. Period.
    Last edited by JP; 10/22/2007 6:28pm at .
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

Posted On:
    10/22/2007 7:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know one of the people that go here. I'm not giving names (I'm kind of embarrassed). Anybody want me to go down and check the place out? Possibly as interview with the head ninjer? Any review advice would be helpful.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast