Posted On:
    9/09/2007 2:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberduck
    Dear Virus,

I´m thinking about improving _ing-_un by adding Turkish Oil Wrestling to it. Would this improve my ground fighting against those pesky BJJ´ers, and chi sao?

EB
    Actually they used to do chi-sau with oil to develop "slippery hands".

But oil wrestling and _ing _un are not compatible. You have to choose one or the other, and I advise you to choose oil wrestling because it is far less gh3y.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 6:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed Styles

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Virus,

while showering after the training (to make the sticky hands unsticky), i noticed that the higher degree the Chunners were, the better rounded their belly was. To become a well rounded fighter, do i have to grow a round belly?

I suspect this is where they store all their Chi! But i also noticed that my testicles are much larger than theirs.
    My second question is: What part of the body does store Chi better? The belly or the testicles?

One more thing: I met a girl i really like, but when she asked me what my hobbies were i told her i was working on my sticky hands. She wanted to slap me in the face then but i did tan sao and gauged her eyes. Does she love me?
    Last edited by HazelIsNuts; 9/09/2007 6:51am at .

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 7:57am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HazelIsNuts
    Dear Virus,

while showering after the training (to make the sticky hands unsticky), i noticed that the higher degree the Chunners were, the better rounded their belly was. To become a well rounded fighter, do i have to grow a round belly?

I suspect this is where they store all their Chi! But i also noticed that my testicles are much larger than theirs.
    My second question is: What part of the body does store Chi better? The belly or the testicles?

One more thing: I met a girl i really like, but when she asked me what my hobbies were i told her i was working on my sticky hands. She wanted to slap me in the face then but i did tan sao and gauged her eyes. Does she love me?
    Dear Hazel;

If you need to shower after ving training then you are exerting yourself too much. Real ving finishes the fight in 5 nanoseconds.

As for chi storage, chi is stored in the five hara points and transmitted through the meridians. I can prove it through quantum physics but I don't want to bore you with the math.
    Last edited by Virus; 9/09/2007 7:59am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 8:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed Styles

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Dear Hazel;

If you need to shower after ving training then you are exerting yourself too much. Real ving finishes the fight in 5 nanoseconds.

As for chi storage, chi is stored in the five hara points and transmitted through the meridians. I can prove it through quantum physics but I don't want to bore you with the math.
    Dear Virus,

thank you for your explanation, but how do i improve my training so i dont need to sweat?
    When we train our techniques we have to move really slowly, because we might kill each other otherwise. So i have to acually stay in not upright stances from about 5 seconds to sometimes 5 minutes ( if executed very slowly for more deadly techniques). This just makes me sweat. What can i do?

Are the testicles capable of storing Chi at all? If not so, then a kick to the groin will not disrupt my attackers Chi and half of my learned techniques are useless !!!

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 1:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wing chun kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey "runningdog" i dunno if your gonna get this or not but whatever you must be really misunderstanding your "shifood" the tan sao should be used in conjunction with a solid horse and a punch which would then be tan dar and you should then also be moving forward and jam the hooking arm with the tan sao also to walk thru your opponent. Everything in wing chun is about moving forward for (for me atleast) there is no backward steps (only if you really have to) if you feel pressured or choked shift your stance(like you learn in chum kui) or take a step back and reset in your horse. But how i react against hooks is far different from you, i use a palm strike or dim germ to the shoulder of the hooking arm which if again used with a solid horse can completely stop the movement of the torso that should also be used with a punch and remember phan sao or follow up attack and remember when fighting your gonna get hit noone is invincable.
    this technique has never failed me no i dont fight in competetions or anything like that( maybe here and there) but the hook and haymaker are very common punches , wing chun as i look at it is used for street combat all those nasty techniques like bil sao (thrusting fingers) and throat ,eye, and groin strikes and various other techniques cant be used in competetion which can water down the system and make it less effective, wing chun was not used for fighting with gloves either yes i do spar with my kung fu bros(no not chi sao) real sparring we do gear up and it is full contact and use gloves but of course we dont use those tecniques we use the techniques which can be used for competetion and sparring matches with other school or whatever (punches palm strikes kicking the thigh or abdomen lan sao etc.)
    everyones wing chun, or kung fu for that matter is different and should be different what works for someone else isnt always gonna work for you as you excel in wing chun you will find what works for you and what doesnt
    i could go on forever talkin about wing chun and i know i didnt cover ground fighting or anything but iv said enough for nowi just thought id share SOME of my veiws and ideas if you dont agree i could care less if you have somethin bad to say **** YOU

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 1:46pm

Style: Ex-wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by smjc678
    i could go on forever talkin
    We know. And please, do tell us about your groundwork.

Also, invest in some fullstops. They will make people like you more ... or dislike you less.

yes....

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 2:19pm

Style: drunken bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dear virus:

where the hell is ggboxer?

it's his month!!!

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 4:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fes_fsa
    dear virus:

where the hell is ggboxer?

it's his month!!!
    Dear fes,

Nowadays GGboxer is the equivalent of solid, moldy milk.

Past his use-by date.

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 4:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HazelIsNuts
    Dear Virus,

thank you for your explanation, but how do i improve my training so i dont need to sweat?
    When we train our techniques we have to move really slowly, because we might kill each other otherwise. So i have to acually stay in not upright stances from about 5 seconds to sometimes 5 minutes ( if executed very slowly for more deadly techniques). This just makes me sweat. What can i do?

Are the testicles capable of storing Chi at all? If not so, then a kick to the groin will not disrupt my attackers Chi and half of my learned techniques are useless !!!
    Dear Hazel;

It seems you have fallen into a common fallacy that many _ing students fall into. Let me explain with a story;

One of my intermediate level students became interested in other martial arts, in particular the "MMA" styles of thai boxing, wrestling and BJJ. I tried to discourage him from cross-training by telling him that it would harm his ving by confusing his reflexes but he went and did it anyway. He later informed me that he was unable to use any of the ving zung that I had taught him, and "got his ass handed to him" by boxers, wrestlers and thai fighters. I looked at him and smiled, "you didn't actually think you were supposed to use any of that stuff I taught you, did you?"

"Well, I kinda thought it was assumed we were..."

"That stuff we do isn't for real fighting, real ving zung is supposed to be like MMA in a real fight."

"Then why don't we train in actual MMA techniques?"

"Shut-up. Ving zung was desinged for finetuning fighting principles into your muscle memory , you are supposed to already know how to fight when you use it. Think if it as like a sports suppliment such as creatine, useless by itself, but combined with proper weight training it can be useful. The ving zung is martial creatine.

"Then why don't any of the grandmasters like Ip Man mention this?"

"Shut-up. It's like aikido, you were supposed to be a black-belt in judo before you took it up. Once you have your judo blackbelt, putting on hakama then running at people and falling over really takes your game to the next level. The ving is like this, you learn functional skills such as boxing, thai kicks and grecco-clinch work, then after a few years of that you do some chi-sau then and zoom! Your skills skyrocket! This is because we train in principles, not techniques. You see there's the punch, then there's the principle of a punch. They are both very different things."

"That doesn't make any sense.."

"Shut-up"

Well, he ended up leaving and doing muay thai but the point of the story is... wait what's the point again?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 4:56pm

Style: Anything that works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the tan sao should be used in conjunction with a solid horse and a punch which would then be tan dar and you should then also be moving forward and jam the hooking arm with the tan sao also to walk thru your opponent...use a palm strike or dim germ to the shoulder of the hooking arm which if again used with a solid horse can completely stop the movement of the torso that should also be used with a punch and remember phan sao or follow up attack...
    Does anybody actually understand what he's saying???

this technique has never failed me no i dont fight in competetions or anything like that...wing chun as i look at it is used for street combat all those nasty techniques like bil sao (thrusting fingers) and throat ,eye, and groin strikes and various other techniques cant be used in competetion which can water down the system and make it less effective
    Err...right, we all forgot about teh d34dly eye gouges and nut-kicking.
    :bsflag:
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15161718 ... LastLast