Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/27/2009 7:36am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yowzar View Post
    Having obtained the DVD series (hoorah for ebay) I thought the stuff taught was ok, nothing exactly groundbreaking, but not bad. However, after having a browse through ARRSE (the Army Rumour Service in the UK) mentioned earlier any questions about the authenticity of Bob Spour can pretty much be laid to rest by looking at
    www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/2445041/tvs-sas-hero-bob-spour-is-a-fraud.html

Appologies if the link doesn't work, but this is my first post on Bullshido (first time poster, long time lurker!), but the title pretty much gives away the gist of the article.
    As I said when I was teaching underwater knife-fighting and trumpeting in the 22nd Delta SEALS SBS cadet rangers, "Don't bullshit, you'll get found out one day".
    Words to live by.......
    Hmm, if he could have named the then OC G Sqn, it might have given him some credibility but I suppose you can only lie so far before the truth gets you (and it requires a good memory if only to remember the lies you've told). Mind you, he had a good run. Let's hope he pays the money back for taking under false pretences. I also look forward to the new edition of Martial Arts Illustrated because the current issue (with Bruce on the cover) also features a seminar part hosted by.....Bob Spour. I sense a big apology to the readers/course subscribers from the editor is already been drafted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2009 8:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushinkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    I also look forward to the new edition of Martial Arts Illustrated because the current issue (with Bruce on the cover) also features a seminar part hosted by.....Bob Spour. I sense a big apology to the readers/course subscribers from the editor is already been drafted.
    They might just ignore it or try and brazen it out,a lot of people seem all to willing to forgive his fibs based on him being 'a good bloke' or that his Muay Thai seems alright or whatever,a lot of them seem to heavily invested in the man to admit that he is a fraud .

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 6:34am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Liar View Post
    They might just ignore it or try and brazen it out,a lot of people seem all to willing to forgive his fibs based on him being 'a good bloke' or that his Muay Thai seems alright or whatever,a lot of them seem to heavily invested in the man to admit that he is a fraud .
    You might be right. I noticed the current edition had him and Muay Thai removed from their Resident Correspondents/Experts column, usually published by the Editorial/Contents. Moreover, the Editor was Geoff Thompson, who Guested...Hmm. Did Bob Sykes know or was he on holiday (rhetorical).

Anyway, Mr Spour had the outline of such a fetching PARA 'tache (the Zapata look) - mandatory for many Hereford Sports And Social during the 70's (so I've heard tell) and Certainly the famous Mr McAleese still sports one. Mr Spour's Real Life role model?? And he's cleared down his website so this could run for a bit.

More seriously, irrespective of his standing in MT, legitimate or otherwise, he now has NO credibility. Who would trust him?
    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 5/29/2009 6:35am at . Reason: typo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2009 7:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushinkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    More seriously, irrespective of his standing in MT, legitimate or otherwise, he now has NO credibility. Who would trust him?
    No one should,but fools return to their folly like dogs to their vomit,i think he will retain a hardcore of adherents wait till the immediate furore had died down and reinvent himself and begin to rebuild,so sadly i doubt this is the last we will see of him .

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/31/2010 3:20pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123