Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 4:27am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eat less sugar. Fast food and sodas give you a sugar high addiction. You'll start feeling cranky, headachey, hungry and tired when your sugar levels are falling from high to normal levels, not to mention fasting levels.

At least that did the trick for me. I'm feeling more stably energetic than I did before now that I've cut down on processed sugars dramatically. Since candy and other garbage is no no, I've lost a lot of weight too, which certainly helps depression too.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 1:11pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like Json has a long-term bad food habit, this may take a while to change. Try one step at a time. Asriel's low-GI food suggestion would make a good start, because the refined carbohydrates (like white pasta, white bread, white sugar etc) will raise your blood sugar very quickly, leading to a crash. This process will repeat itself several times during your day. So try switching to wholemeal or brown bread, cut out the soda and replace with water and fruit juice, and eat fresh or dried fruit if you're hungry between meals.
    Then you can start to learn to cook for yourself, which helps a lot (unless you have a healthy wife who cooks for you - which it sounds like you lack).

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 1:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes yes, to RunningDog you listen!

Seriously dude, you're gonna feel worse before you feel better but you will feel A LOT better once you've kicked the sugar addiction. I heartily recommend Porridge or some similar Oaty goodness to start off your day.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 3:03pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to mention porridge but I didn't want to come across too much of a meusli-munching British hippy.

Anyway yes, porridge for breakfast - food of supermen. Ever watched the Highland Games?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 3:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    I was going to mention porridge but I didn't want to come across too much of a meusli-munching British hippy.

Anyway yes, porridge for breakfast - food of supermen. Ever watched the Highland Games?
    I've never eaten porridge in my life. I have no idea what it is. Wiki lists dozens of different kinds of porridge- oats, semolina, buckwheat, semolina, cream of wheat . Which one has the most good health benifits? I think I have seen cream of wheat before, that is the one that looks like flour mixed in boiling water and it becomes thick. I've never tried the others.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 3:20pm

Style: .45ACP & Confusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depression is serious.
    For real dude, go see a doctor.
    If you are thinking of suicide go see a doctor RIGHT NOW!

poser

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 3:21pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog

if by porridge you mean oatmeal then yes, it's really tasty and really good for you.

banana + strawberries + oatmeal + milk = really really really good breakfast

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 3:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, Oatmeal is the American version although it doesn't taste as nice. As Kwoww said, put some Fruit in it and you're onto a real winner!
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 3:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JJson
    I work by the computer for a couple hours and feel dead tired and want to take a nap. One person said it is the monitor causing eye strain and to switch to a LCD because it is easier on the eyes.
    The "20/20/20" rule:
    Every 20 minutes in front of computer, take a break for 20 seconds, and look at an object at least 20 feet away. This will help to prevent eye strain.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 4:33pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JJson
    I've heard really bad things about high fructose corn syrup. Why do fast food places mix it into everything?
    HFC is cheaper than sugar, period. All the other BS about food companys putting it in because it's addictive is horse ****. Old soda pop was made w/ sugar until they figures out they can make pop cheaper w/ HFC and sell it at the same price.

I find a funny coralation between "depressed" people and their diets. 99.9% of the time what they eat is ****. You eat McD's two meals a day. Drink nuthin but pop. Grow fat cuz your too lazy to do anything cept play video games. Then you can't get laid cuz your a fat slob then all of the sudden develope a condition (depression) that requires medication. And to soothe yourself between dopings you stuff more burgers down your gaping maw because it's your comfort food.

I am piss fucking sick of our society having to find a condition, disease or illness for everything. Most people just need to grow nuts and get on with life with the realization that it's just gonna fucking suck sometimes. They don't need a disease to blame it on nor a drug to get them over it. Nobody wants to take ownership of their lives anymore.

I can go on an on............

1)Stop eating **** food. If you just hafta have a McNasty Big n Greasy then make it a "ocassion" food. As in you have it on ocassion. Square up your meals. As in a lil carb, a lil veggie, a lil protien. Fruit is your freind, and I aint talkin about the flamer two doors down.

2)Drink water. If you have to have caffine, make it tea.

3)Get off your ass and exercise. Excersise is proven to release endorphines. That's the **** that makes you happy. The physical improvements will work wonders in every aspect of your life.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast