Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 7:21pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the link provided:

Dragon*Con is the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the US.

Science fiction and fantasy.

LARPtastic

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 7:47pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    otlndr, you ever hear of a thing called a paragraph?

And thanks for the necro. I needed a good laugh today and you provided it.

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 9:08pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wow

Wow, I can't believe anyone even knew I had posted. Figured the thread was deader than Dicken's doornail.
    Two reasons why no paragraphs. First, as stated, I didn't think anyone would read this. Didn't realize this site sent you a line when someone responded to you. Second, I was bored and passing the time. And oh, hey, a third! Most of the people on this site aren't worth the trouble.
    Forgetting all that, why don't ya shut ya trap and actually READ what I wrote. I never said that meeting him would teach you his history. I even said that I didn't care about his history. I said that meeting him would show you that he can do at least most of the things he says he can. Again, whether or not his story is true, he is an incredible martial artist. I just think people should judge the man by what he can do, not by what he says, or by what other people have quoted him as saying.
    People are on here who haven't met him and calling him a total fake. He's skilled, and funny, and handles an audience well. So what if he makes stuff up to get people to at least watch him. Then they can see how good he really is.
    And my point wasn't that you have to go to a 'fantasy' to meet him. He's in the area and knows that there are people at the con that would love to see what he's got. If you were him you would be there too. Heck, the local forensics people have a booth at the con showing off their stuff. If you got skills, show em off where people will appreciate them.
    My point still stands though. You're so intimidated by his 'hard style' abilities that you'll just sit here and bark like a yappin dog, hopin against hope that he won't find out and come show you how good he is.
    Before you insult the man and his abilities, meet him, get a demonstration. Maybe ask him to spar with you. Judging from the way you talk, I'd bet you'd last a whole 5, maybe even 6 seconds.
    You don't want to believe that he's good, so you sit there and ream on him, without ever really checking him out. He doesn't deserve that. And you should hold yourself above such pettiness. But if someone did the same to you, you'd get offended and start tryin to flame them and what not. Grow up.
    A lady openly questioned his claims at the con. He didn't get mad. He invited it. Welcomed it. No matter how false his claims about his past, that makes him a better man than most of the folks on forums like this, who have nothing better to do with their time than try to destroy the rep of a man they don't even know. Why do you even care what he claims?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 9:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by otlndr View Post
    Wow, I can't believe anyone even knew I had posted. Figured the thread was deader than Dicken's doornail.
    Two reasons why no paragraphs. First, as stated, I didn't think anyone would read this. Didn't realize this site sent you a line when someone responded to you. Second, I was bored and passing the time. And oh, hey, a third! Most of the people on this site aren't worth the trouble.
    Forgetting all that, why don't ya shut ya trap and actually READ what I wrote. I never said that meeting him would teach you his history. I even said that I didn't care about his history. I said that meeting him would show you that he can do at least most of the things he says he can. Again, whether or not his story is true, he is an incredible martial artist. I just think people should judge the man by what he can do, not by what he says, or by what other people have quoted him as saying.
    People are on here who haven't met him and calling him a total fake. He's skilled, and funny, and handles an audience well. So what if he makes stuff up to get people to at least watch him. Then they can see how good he really is.
    And my point wasn't that you have to go to a 'fantasy' to meet him. He's in the area and knows that there are people at the con that would love to see what he's got. If you were him you would be there too. Heck, the local forensics people have a booth at the con showing off their stuff. If you got skills, show em off where people will appreciate them.
    My point still stands though. You're so intimidated by his 'hard style' abilities that you'll just sit here and bark like a yappin dog, hopin against hope that he won't find out and come show you how good he is.
    Before you insult the man and his abilities, meet him, get a demonstration. Maybe ask him to spar with you. Judging from the way you talk, I'd bet you'd last a whole 5, maybe even 6 seconds.
    You don't want to believe that he's good, so you sit there and ream on him, without ever really checking him out. He doesn't deserve that. And you should hold yourself above such pettiness. But if someone did the same to you, you'd get offended and start tryin to flame them and what not. Grow up.
    A lady openly questioned his claims at the con. He didn't get mad. He invited it. Welcomed it. No matter how false his claims about his past, that makes him a better man than most of the folks on forums like this, who have nothing better to do with their time than try to destroy the rep of a man they don't even know. Why do you even care what he claims?
    Hi Randy,

It seems my google fu is weak.

I'd like to hook up and exchange ideas of technique and history. Afterwards we could spar a little.

Let me know how we can get in touch. You being a newbie, we can't exchange via PM.

Joe

PS - Please forgo the wall of text with your reply. My eyes are getting old and it's a bit hard to discern where one sentence/thought ends and the next begins.

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 10:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hah!

Heh hh....if it weren't for his bum leg, I'd take that as a compliment. I believe his contact info is e-mail: ninkageryu@yahoo.com / phone: (770) 518-8353. You can attack the guy without knowing him, but I gotta be him to defend him? And just to show that I'm not him, look up otlndr on facebook or myspace or yahoo or something. I've been lurking around the internet for years, and I'm not sure Musashi knows how to turn on a computer. Heh, I'm sure he could turn one off though. He gave my brother-in-law his card, so I'll check tomorrow if thats the right number. Thats just what I found in 20 sec on Google. Have fun!

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 10:56pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, you have nothing to add?

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 10:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, we're supposed to believe the following:

• You don't care what we believe or think much of us, BUT you came here to post paragraphs of crap.
    • You didn't format things out of indifference to the thread and the site's users, BUT we should listen to you despite your poor presentation and borderline illiteracy.
    • We can't comment on the verifiability of this man's story, BUT you have a special standing to babble on about how great he is without evidence of any kind.
    • We'd have to meet him to know his quality, BUT you condemn our abilities and knowledge without having met us. (In the case of Gezere, you are making a big mistake. He is quite capable.)
    • We should just trust your word, BUT you won't tell us your background or credentials, giving us no way to weigh your word.

Is that about right?

I think you should meet up with hungryjoe. This might settle some questions.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 11:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, you manage a Taco Bell and like to play games?

BAKERMEDIA FORUM - View Profile: otlndr@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: otlndr</title>@@AMEPARAM@@otlndr

Google doesn't show a link to the grandmaster's actual dojo. Not interested in links to seminars at aikido dojos or blogs.

Link please to the man's dojo. I'll follow the email link to make contact.

Randy, for the record, I haven't attacked anyone.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 11:29pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Umm, I'm probably closer to him than you are Joe.

Otlndr: You seem to be talking an awful lot of smack on behalf of someone else. Are you a current student of Mr. Musashi? Would you be interested in meeting up for a friendly eval of the skills and techniques involved in your training? I understand that Mr. Musashi is an elderly fellow with a possible bad leg and so I would not press him for overly athletic demonstrations of his abilities. But if you are a current or former student then I think an assessment of your skills would be a valid assessment of the art.
    I'm in the Athens area and would be happy to meet up and film a couple of sparring sessions under whatever rules you are comfortable with so that we can get some video evidence of the eficacy of Mr. Musashi's teachings. If they are as impressive as you say then it's a shame that there isn't video of them that he can use as advertising to "Get the word out" so to speak.
    I'm available any time starting next monday, after 6pm, anywhere in Athens or the surrounding area. I would prefer a nice neutral location, I'm friendly with most of the taekwondo schools in the area and can arrange for us to borrow some mat space for an hour or so if you are amenable.

Posted On:
    9/07/2009 11:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    But if you are a current or former student then I think an assessment of your skills would be a valid assessment of the art.
    Or at least of his fitness to assess the art, and to back up his claim of our relatively poor skill:

Quote Originally Posted by otlndr
    Most of the people on this site aren't worth the trouble.
    ... You're so intimidated by his 'hard style' abilities that you'll just sit here and bark like a yappin dog, hopin against hope that he won't find out and come show you how good he is.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast