Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome!! Thanks!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 7:22am

Style: Wrestling, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All good mate. Where bouts in Melbourne you from?

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 7:27am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm out on LaTrobe campus. Not from melb originally, here for uni...
    Not that i do much ;)
    I've only just started to get my act together to get myself back intt shape.
    Uni is bad for fitness lol

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 8:08am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you need to improve your overall fitness, strength, flexibility, endurance, cardio and more, join your local Circuit class. You will learn a great deal on the practice of fitness training and a lot of the theory (by listening and watching the instructor).

After a few months, you should be much fitter and better conditioned. Then you can explore training programmes (UK spelling) with some safety in Mind.

Don't forget to ask your Trainer for advice.

Good Luck.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 8:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the suggestion, i will look into some options.

Unfortunaly I'm a uni student, one saving for a trip overseas. I'd love to actually join a gym, but the one near campus i to expensive. My college has a small free one i use. I do mean to get the guy who owns my KF school to make some suggestions (he's a personal trainer to i think) but he's very busy, and so am i.
    I'll see if there are any better priced gyms close though, but i doubt that i can fit one to my budget...

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 8:35am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The one nice thing about treadmills is that you can run far more often/harder than on the road without incurring in potential debilititating injuries on the knees and ankles or shin splints. But as it's been suggested, running on the treadmill with an incline is better (makes it more challening... AND on your shins.)

This is a clip I posted on youtube a while ago. This is one of the many forms of HIIT training you can find out there. It's hard to mimic this on the road ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM-HkxsLRqw

As for running on the road, it depends how you do it and why. I prefer to run half a mile to a mile on the road, and from there sprint back - that is, sprint as fast as possible for as long as I literally can, slowly walk/run backwards a block or two, followed by another sprint. I do 4-6 of these sprints. This is more useful in terms of conditioning and reduction of body fat than simply running X number of miles (unless you are training for marathon.)

Keep in mind that sprinting is something one may not be able to do everyday.

These are other outdoor alternatives to jogging:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH40oB3CnS8

Sprinting... this demonstrates HIIT a bit... sorta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH40oB3CnS8

And this is Ross Enamait showing some HIIT using a tire and a sledgehammer. Same HIIT principles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJWqx-zPffs

Anyone interested should look at the following threads:

Deadlifts and Cardio Survival Clips (clips available via megaupload). For those of you interested in working out at home, you should take a look at the "Fitness Factory" video clip:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53937

Combat Conditioning Stuff (including instructional clips downloaded from megaupload)

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54334

How to Work Out At Home On A Budget

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58295
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 8:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Syberia, more Ross Enamait's stuff coming your way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjaTd_ZemkQ

And this is my favorite of all clips... watch it whole...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdthWDUEKtY
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 9/05/2007 9:01am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 9:17am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sadly the downloads are blocked here in the office but Teh El Macho makes a very good point about his running programme in mixing Sprints etc. This is known as Fartlek training (yes, really) and is a Swedish term I think but then again so is Jogging. They are essentially the same in that you walk, trot, sprint set distances and repeat. This allows you to get a good cardio workout with Rest and over a period time you can assess how quickly your Heart Rate returns to normal and this is a very good indicator of your overall fitness.

You can also mimic this by running up flights of stairs (like when you're going to classes) and this will give your heart and lungs and legs a good short term workout. It all helps.

Best Wishes

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 9:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna try to upload those links on google (since last time I checked didn't have a limit in vid lenght). Hopefully, that will make the clips available to a wider audience.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 2:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks heaps guys, i will incorperate sprints etc 2 or 3 times a week in think, i will need do venture out onto the lawns later...
    Been using the treadmill on 'Random' wich makes it alter the incline every thirty seconds, you set you're own speed. It was very good, it felt much better than a constant run.

El Macho, awesome video, i love the 6th one, you also put it on myspace- awesome in every way... I found Ross' website, there are good articles etc over there.
    'strength for fighters' i liked...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast