230392 Bullies, 4397 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I found THE REAL Aikido!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Aikido
    Real Aikido is a martial art developed by Ljubomir Vračarević, a self-defence instructor from Serbia. It is a mixture of aikido, judo and jujutsu techniques, with some modifications made by Vračarević.

Real aikido is a defence techniques system (empty-handed, as well as defense against weapons such as knife, pistol, etc.) derived from Vračarević's experience as a bodyguard, military and police instructor.[citation needed] It consists of, aikido, judo and jujutsu, techniques simplified so that they are easily taught in security and self-defence courses.

The curriculum itself is mainly based on a general aikido curriculum, with a kyu/dan system of grading.

Controversy over Name

There is a substantial amount of controversy regarding the name of this martial art, and the essence of the art itself. Despite its referring to the Japanese martial art, Real Aikido is not recognised by any important and relevant international or Japanese Aikido organization.

What "adds fuel to the fire" is the derogatory views towards "traditional" aikido he often expresses in the media and public in general. This self-serving behaviour has led to bitter relationships with neighboring aikido groups demanding, because of afore-mentioned reasons, that the word "Aikido" be left out of the name of this martial art.

http://www.uscra.info/
    Real Aikido is first and only Serbian ultimate self-defense martial art. Real Aikido is efficient, widely applicable self-defense skill, derived from traditional aikido and jujitsu. It involves joint locks, throws, strikes, blocks, and chokes. The founder of Real Aikido is Grand Master Ljubomir Vracarevic, holder of the black belt, 10th Dan, professor of Real Aikido and Ju-jitsu. Thanks to his long experience acquired and improved by continuous contact with first-class Japanese masters of this skill, master Vracarevic distinguished several thousand techniques, purified them, reformed their elements, introducing in his own knowledge from other fighting skills, creating a new style Real Aikido - extremely efficient and flexible system of defense techniques. Flexibility of Real Aikido is just one of its most important characteristics. Putting together different techniques according to the real situation, maximal efficiency is achieved. Transition from one to another technique is simple, and only knowledge and skill will determine which elements someone will use. These unlimited possibilities of combining, enable multiple applies of Real Aikido.

There is no age limit in practicing Real Aikido. This skill is very convenient for the adults' recreation and it also effects decidedly on children's psycho-physical development and mobility. Real Aikido is especially suitable for body guards and special military and police units training. In this field, Grand Master Vracarevic has achieved unique results ... body guards training of the President of Zimbabwe, Mr. Robert Mougabe, the President of Libya, Mr. Mohamar Gaddafy, the Russian police special units "Alpha" and "Cobra". Grand Master Ljubomir Vracarevic is Major-General in Russian Army and one of main defense and intelligence instructors. Shihan, Vladimir Djordjevic is tactical instructor for numerous units and agencies world wide.
    Last edited by Ke?poFist; 9/04/2007 12:47am at .
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So do I win a prize or something?
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 12:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You will be nominated for the 2007 "Man who was almost as awesome as Randy Couture" award.

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 1:03am

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You win the prize of our undivided attention.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 1:04am

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol, good ****

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 1:55am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get the feeling you stumbled upon this by typing "real aikido" into google, and that sure wouldn't make you cool.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 4:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That can't be the REAL aikido. That can exist only in your mind.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 4:34am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There video section seems confusing to say the least, Ninja's, Bad MMA, Aikido, RBSD.

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:20am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man I was waiting for this to come up.

I'm Serbian, and my old man (a former Serbian military man and old-school krotty practitioner) was gabbling about this guy to me back in 2000.

"Why do this Shootfighting stuff" he'd say.

"Why not Aikido if you want to turn your back on Shotokan?"

"A Serbian Man developed the 'real' aikido - maybe you could learn something like that."

I made him watch UFC 1-10. He dropped the subject.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:55am

Style: Taijutsu/Karate/Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and to think my idea of REAL aikido was pushing your hands out and make 10 guys fly 20 feet backwards
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast