Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:41pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a difference between USE and ABUSE.

"Steroids" are prescribed all the time to aid in the healing process. Especially for professional athletes.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:42pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Listen, fuckwit, all they had to do was tap.
    You're a cold hard cock sometimes.... but still funny.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 6:50pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, we pay people to fight and yet expect some higher level of social consciousness from them.

I'm going to be honest I am so far from the UFC level that I might as well hang up the gloves and focus on my girl and my job. The thing is I like sitting on someone and punching their face. Hell I relish in it. This is probably why I take money to do it.

I'm not saying you can't wish for role models in sport but instead of foisting your kid onto the TV and other media sources for a role model why don't you provide the best one possible, yourself?

Seems to me this is the usual argument from people (and I'm not saying you specifically) who want to blame something external for the issues they have at home.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 10:55am

Style: Isshinryu, goju, japJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nobleidea
    Yeah, having your nuts shrivel up and being in a roid rage (case in point) that's healthy.

"Lithium, its not just an album!":new_sleep

) Increased Liver Function.
    2) Depression of Natural Testosterone Production.
    3) Increase in Cholesterol Levels and Blood Pressure (Not conductive to good cardiovascular health).
    4) Altered Thyroid Function.
    5) Headeches.
    6) Nose bleeds.
    7) Cramps.
    8) Development of breastlike tissue in men (Gynecomastia).
    9) Insulin Insensitivity (Even though Deca Durabolin improves the insulin metabolism).
    10) Androgenic Side effects such as thinning hair, enlarged prostate, oily skin, water retention, increased body hair, aggressiveness.
    11) Stunted growth if you are a teenager.
    12) Oral Steroid specific side effects: In addition to the above, the orals also tend to cause nausea, diarrhea, constipation, and vomiting.
    13) May accelerate the growth of tumors.

Oh yeah, and if you juice, even at the pro level, you are ****!!!!!And you did not get the belt, the gold, or whatever, some chemist did! :ingun:

Add to that the fact that there is not one published medical study that assocaites anabolic androgenic steroids to ill effects in healthy adult men, and its obvious you have no idea what your talking about.

If you dont want your kid using that understandable, but if your a grown ass man, you should do some real research before you get at people for using. Good god will this **** ever end?

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 11:09am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some people here seem to have no compunction with stooping to thuggish behavior to get what they want and some of you seem to admonish it!

I amazed that people who spend most of their time arguing over rather insignificant **** on the net also have the time to be grammarians and to edit peoples posts.

Look up the definition of a life and see if you can scrounge one up.:nike:
    Your rite grammar is a wast of thyme until not using it makes your message cionfused.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 8:21am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, and if you juice, even at the pro level, you are ****!!!!!And you did not get the belt, the gold, or whatever, some chemist did! :ingun:
    I didn't know steroids gave you talent and did all the work you need to achieve in a professional sport for you.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 9:25am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1512855.shtml

Above is a link to a story done in 60 minutes about steroids for adults and the benefits they possess. He was also n ESPN radio the other day which is why I remember his name. Quite honestly the more I read about it the more I am inclined to get a prescription for them and see if all the bullshit is true or not. Why? Well besides the fact that I have a full time job, teach or train MA 3-4 hours a day, a younger wife, a teenage son and pushing 40, I also am beat the hell up. I can run down a list of injuries and surgeries that would make many people wonder why I can still walk much less speak intelligently. I am not a professional athlete but I am wondering if it will allow me to recover a semblance of my former self. I have tried virtually every thing on the market for 6 months at a time to see if I could get some relief. Nothing works very well. The gluclosamine and conjointion (sp) never gave me any relief nor did it help speed recovery after a workout. All I got was a case of the shits and a stomach ache. I tried it every way also with milk, smoothies, water, juice, straight out the bottle, and in pills. Chiros and acupuncture and all kinds of stuff over the past 10 years to help me heal up and keep doing the sports that I love. It has nothing to do with wanting to look like Arnold but not wanting to look like Burgess Meridith.

My favorite one was after my third knee surgery. The doctor says "You know if you quit doing martial arts your body will heal."
    To which I responded, "OK, you quit being a doctor and we will both stay home and annoy the hell out of our wives."
    "Good point, keep some ice on it, do your PT and I will see in you in a few weeks."

My dilemma comes in that I am an instructor and trainer of MMA fighters. How can I say don't use them if I am using them myself? I don't know I will be having a doctor visit in a few days and will talk more about that with him.

Back to the OP question. That's your job as a father to inform your son about the differences of real men and asshats that pose as men. We don't live in a perfect world and pieces of **** always float to the top of it and have the benefits. The objectification of these people as "heroes" or role models is where the problem lies. These are people to be respected and honored for the accomplishments in the chosen field of sport. Rarely do these people live up to an image people believe they should have.

Professional athletes are notorious for skating the law. Even back in the day they got away with so much stuff that it would make today's athletes look like choir boys. It's just today's athletes have people watching over them and are not afraid to report their activities.

All of the major sports have survived scandals and idiots in the game and MMA will be no different. Baseball survived the White Sox and Pete Rose, football will survive Vick and MMA will survive a little steroids and Babalu. Its just all about what level of stupidity we will tolerate.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 2:37pm

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steroids = prescribed by doctors on a regular basis.

National Drug Control Policy of the USA = Full of lies. There's a reason we call them "Drug Czars".

Sports = Hard to succeed at, regardless of how much muscle you gain from illegal/legal substances.

MMA = Not all about muscle.

EPO = Better choice for almost any athlete dealing in the realms of cardio training, as it boosts oxygen levels in blood.

I mean, if anybody really cares.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 11:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You wanna take steroids or EPO (the **** i was hoping MMAers would never catch on to, 'cause 20 year old cyclists dying of heart attacks started to bring me down after the first 20- odd times i read about it . . .) that's your choice, just like it's your life.

But don't compete. That makes you a fucking douche.

Cracky makes the argument that it can be done safely, and, by and large, he's correct. He also makes the point that a professional fighters train so hard that sometimes they take steroids etc. just to maintain their brutal training regimen. In this, he is also correct.

But, again, to use them in competition still makes you a douche.

If you hurt yourself in training, and you need to take something illegal to fight at what you consider to be your %100, YOU'RE STILL CHEATING. You're cheating the fighter across from you who (hopefully) didn't take the easy way. If you have to fight hurt, then that's what you do. If it's too bad to fight, you deal with how incredibly much that sucks and you let yourself heal and you move on to the next fight. All sports have the same excuses: "everyone else is doing it, waaaaaaa . . . . but I got hurt, waaaaaa . . . " Competitive sports are tough, and I don't believe there's anything tougher than fighting.

Until we see two fighters sign a contract where they both agree to juice themselves in gamma powered Hulk-oids, it just doesn't belong.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 12:14pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ladies and gentlemen and undetermined, stupid, intelligent and most of us that lay somewhere in between, welcome to another edition of "Yet Again, The Please-Think-Of-The-Children Thread". Tonight's episode, "Blame The Meanie Roid BoogieMan".

I'm glad my father never let me make heroes and role models out of sportsmen and celebrities when I was a child. -- Do what I've taught you to be right, get good grades in school, do the dishes, workout, cut that fucking hippie hair, and don't get any girl pregnant in school, or I swear to God, I'll make a new man out of whatever pieces remain after I beat the living **** out of you.

I've never used roids; I've never wanted them enough to actually do the work to get them. Yet, I don't see them as wrong.

Using roids to get an advantage in sports against other sportmen that may not be using them, that's wrong.

Abusing roids without regards of side effects, or without at least make an effort to understand their appropriate use, that's wrong.

Blaming roids for the anti-social actions of SOME of the people that use them, that's wrong.

Assuming roids was the cause of Benoit's actions is wrong (hint, hint, he had a brain tumor.)

Making stupid assumptions about people due to some of their life choices (or health/medical neccesities), specially without having the closest idea of what their life challenges are, that's wrong.

Making such aforementioned stupid assumptions and trying to pose questions about how to raise a child, that's not just wrong. It's weak. It's captious. It's pompous. It's carping, censorious, self-righteous and faultfinding. It's fucktarded.

-- EDIT --

nobleidea is such a fucking bitch.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 9/07/2007 12:23pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123