221234 Bullies, 4064 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 104 1 23451151101 ... LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

September is "Wing Chun Sucks" Month!

This month we're swinging our Bullshido Blade(TM) at an art created by a woman, for women everywhere. Nope, I'm not talking about Cardio Kickboxing, this month we're chopping the wang off of Wing Chun!

"But wait Mr. P", you ask, "It's only a legend that Wing Chun was created by a woman!" Oh ho ho, I respond, then why does it so strongly resemble the slap fighting done by little girls on the playground when arguments over whether ponies or kitties are the prettiest animals get out of control and someone has to go down? Huh? Answer me that?

Wing Chun is the style studied by hundreds of thousands of dim-witted Bruce Lee fans. "Hurr, why they got to be dim witted" you slobber out onto your keyboard in response. Because, Bruce himself quit that happy slapping Chinese Chav style and then trash talked it in numerous TV interviews (especially the 'learning by forms' approach). It'd be like being a fan of Jared from Subway and then taking up competitive eating or liking the comedy of Yakov Smirnov so much you moved to the Soviet Union.

So get your pretty butterfly knives out, wax your oversized pole, and furiously flail at the centerline of this, the jilted girlfriend of Chinese martial arts. Trust me, she's still on the rebound from Bruce and is quite easy.

Here's a fun thread from the archives to kick things off!

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31697
    Attached Images  

poser

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 10:23am

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That thread made me want to scoop my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

Good call on the MA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 10:50am

Style: Peace

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hehe, I knew Wing Chun would come up sooner or later. That thread is hilarious.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 10:56am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody who's already my friend on youtube should be able to see a playlist I have called "bad wing chun"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 11:21am

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAHA LMFAO man.

I love how the so-called "grappler" leaps up into the air with his hands up like an ape and then tries a bad tackle.

LOL, that's some lame-ass ****.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 11:47am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm so glad it's not "Ving Tsun Sucks Month"!

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 11:59am

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    I'm so glad it's not "Ving Tsun Sucks Month"!
    Because its not important enough to even recognize. Its all about wing tsun and wing chun bitch.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 12:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Muid
    Ok, newbie to these forums. I've only read the first page of this discussion, dunno if anyone else has said what I'm saying now, but 90 pages of comments is a lot to get through :tongue2:

So I'm wondering, Mr Merciless, have you any actual experience in any of the arts you've berrated? I have 3 years of Foshan Wing Chun under my belt (having practiced for a while Chen Tijiquan, Hsing-I and some Chin Na) and can safely say that I've never felt safer walking down the street at night, nor have I ever felt as confident. I know I'll be able to use my techniques against people who try to attack me. It works.

As for what you said bout palm strikes, there's a very good reason we use them; they work and work very well. If you have trained sufficiently and properly, you can generate lots of power in a Palm strike, power that can be used to break bones or rupture organs. I've been hit a few times by my Sifu, I've felt his power and I know that what I felt was only the tip of the iceberg.

Wing Chun works. Bruce Lee was an idiot and anyone who takes the advice of a junkie is also an idiot. He wouldn't have known proper Kung Fu from playground fighting. And so it would seem with you too
    This is why right here.

Newbie at that.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...23#post1552023

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 12:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for what you said bout palm strikes, there's a very good reason we use them; they work and work very well. If you have trained sufficiently and properly, you can generate lots of power in a Palm strike, power that can be used to break bones or rupture organs.
    Just in case you feel it is tl;dr.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 12:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, this year is just flying by. Were almost right back to TKD sucks month.
    And please, the world needs a WC sucks month video, we havent had a really good YMAS vid since Ninjas suck month.
Page 1 of 104 1 23451151101 ... LastLast