Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 8:22am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can someone with Myspace access message him a link to this thread?

Or better yet the whole team appocolypse gang. I will send email to the following.

http://www.teamapocolypse.com/
    Dallas Cordts
    Owner/Manager of Team Apocolypse
    P.O. Box 1254
    Arizona City, AZ 85223
    (480)-580-2827
    TeamApocolypse (at) yahoo.com
    http://www.teamapocolypse.com
    http://www.myspace.com/teamapocolypseinc
    Last edited by Askari; 9/03/2007 8:35am at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 10:26am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are LOTS of mma shows that don't report to sherdog
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 11:09am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    There are LOTS of mma shows that don't report to sherdog
    I know this intellectually, but there arent any here in Canada that dont report to either FcFighter or Sherdog. Its part of the sanctioning legislation. Results must be posted publicly within 48 hours of the event for pro fights in most jurisdictions, 72 in a few for ammy fights.

So we can pretty definitively state, that unless it was an illegal/unsanctioned fight, all (or so close to all that it doesnt make a difference) records of fights in Canada are listed.

I personally know a guy that is 2-3 on Sherdog, but is more like 6-3, and I have seen the videos of his other pro-fights. The other fights were all in the southern states, and paid better then his listed fights.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 11:23am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have fought once professionally (technically professional means you're paid for it by contract) and got a 150$ purse. I lost. I am not on fcf or sherdog. Local shows, even state draws are rarely listed. It takes regionals and up to get listed most times. Which means X-fights, H'n'S, etc. But, KotC should always be listed at least within a month, as that is a fairly major show in the Western circuit. So if his championship(s)' not listed, it didn't happen. Especially 3 times.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 11:35am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll back up what Askari is saying. There are a few guys who fight out west who will head into the States to fight on local small shows. Sure you do a quick FCFighting or Sherdog search and get nothing but you know for a fact the guy is fighting every few months.

38-0 though is kind of funny. Why is it always the big giant instructor who always has the best record? My professor has never fought pro (injuries and bad timing kept him from the ring) my first instructor, who'd maul most guys never fought either (primarily work and bad timing in this case). I always find it funny that guys who want to coach fighters feel they have to have a better record?

I'll be happy when the kids coming up behind me can beat the **** out of me. Then I've done my job.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 11:47am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's also a Native-American Mormon from Crenshaw who has only a high school diploma, but is somehow working on his PhD in criminal law. Sounds legit to me. Anyway, I'm going to invite him here.
    Last edited by SpringHeeledJack; 9/03/2007 11:55am at .

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 11:48am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, it makes sense that they claim inflated fight records. I know I'll regret bringing it up, but look at every thread that has ever trashed Rubber Guard on here and you're bound to find at least 50% of the people trashing it say the follwing phrase or one similar to it: "Look at Eddie Bravo's pitiful fight record...one win, over Royler at Abu Dhabi...seriously, and that's supposed to back up his training?" The vast majority of people think you've got to have a bloated and lopsided win:loss ratio to be a really good coach.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 11:51am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait. Eddy doesn't suck?

* hangs head and goes out to buy gi pants and The Twister DVD *

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 11:54am

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't get involved in investigations much, or have any more experience than you guys in looking for records, but i remember my latest issue of fightsport had a survey, and one question was how many times has travis fulton fought.
    The answer is 229 times in 11 years....crazy if u just sit back and think of that math for even a second

177-43-9 as stated in the magazine
    179-43-9 as listed on sherdog today

if u take a look at his list of fights....especially the earlier ones, they're all small or even local shows, yet he's able to get them all recorded

just throwin it out there, as it seems kinda relevant to the topic at hand when it comes to getting records straight

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 11:56am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand that, but any fights in KOTC, as several people have already stated, should be pretty easy to verify.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast