Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 11:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So what's the consensus on Keysi Fighting Method?

A couple of years ago I was intrigued by "KFM" from the Batman movie and I went to there site and signed up for there forum. Well with the internal fighting and vauge information on how they train the site really wasn't that helpfull and I just went about my business. However just yesterday, out of the blue, I got an email from the keysi folks.

With the email was a link to to a short video of KFM. http://www.keysikfm.com/video/

This is the email I received...

KFM VIDEO SHOP ON LINE IN SEPTEMBER 2007!!!

KFM will launch its brand new website on the 16th of September ’07 (www.keysikfm.com)!!! There will be many new interesting things to see and read and, above all, THE VIDEO SHOP WILL FINALLY BE ON LINE!!! You will now have the incredible chance to STUDY KFM from HOME choosing from a series of different distant learning packages available on line

Click this link to SEE FREE KFM PROMO-VIDEO http://keysikfm.com/video

KFM IN USA IN JANUARY 2008

KFM will arrive in USA for the very first time in January 2008!!!
    On Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th there will be a big event in Dallas OPEN TO EVERYONE. There will be open seminars and the possibility to join the IDP INTRO SEMINAR, introduction to the KFM INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM... definitely worth the trip if you can make it!!!
    You will be able to view ALL DETAILS about THIS EVENT and to BOOK ON-LINE through our website as from September 16th
    For MORE INFO about this event please Email info@keysikfm.com

KFM EVENTS 2008

There is a very busy CALENDAR for KFM in 2008. A vast choice of events for everyone to attend, ranging from:

OPEN SEMINARS (1 day seminars open to everybody. Both martial artists and non-martial artists are welcome to come and get a taste of Keysi Fighting Method. The practical, street application of the system is both easy to learn and easy to assimilate into anyone’s arsenal of personal defense. If you have heard about KFM in the movies, now it’s your chance to come and “experience” KFM for yourself!)

KFM EVOLUTION COURSES (6 days courses with final certification. A deeper investigation inside the heart of Keysi Fighting Method: learn pure raw application, from the streets and for the streets, following a learning program that will take you though all the how’s and why’s)

IDP INTRO SEMINARS (2 days seminars: Introduction to the Revolutionary Keysi Fighting Method Instructor Development Program. This exclusive experience is open for those interested in becoming professionally-certified instructors in KFM. You will learn the very heart of Keysi Fighting Method as you get a closer look at the program, the training, the structure, the organization of KFM as outlined in the Instructor Development Program)

PRO-IDP PACKAGE (Yearly course: Professional Instructor Development Program)

I'm curious if KFM has been proven to be just RBSD LARPing.

Looking at the video it seems that KFM is just Krav Maga v2.0, and they train to fight just KFM practitioners than being able to fight various other fighters like MMA does.

Are there any KFM members here on this forum that can support the claims of KFM being a viable fighting system or are we looking at another RBSD system meant to sucker people, collect money, and leave the practitioner high and dry? If so, it seems like we're facing an American invasion of KFM in January.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 12:11am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well that's odd. I can't get the video to come up when I click the link anymore.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 2:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The video link seems to be working again.

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 6:31pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, Christian Bale says its great...what more of an endorsement do you need? A Hollywood actor thinks its effective, **** sign me up.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 6:35pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Dude, Christian Bale says its great...what more of an endorsement do you need? A Hollywood actor thinks its effective, **** sign me up.
    Scientology, anyone?

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 6:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju
    Scientology, anyone?

You're kidding, right?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 7:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I figure since they've been so vauge about what they're about that they have to grasp at straws in order to promote themselves.

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 10:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Screw all that fast cut, stop motion, camera trick crap in the promo video. Its one thing for the so called "masters" of this stuff to show off, but I'm always more interested in seeing what their students are up to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEC7ascWpII
    Last edited by JP; 9/03/2007 10:30pm at . Reason: Better explanation for posting it.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You notice that all this stuff is ramping up just around the time that the buzz for "The Dark Knight Returns" begins as well. Hell, there's already a teaser trailer on yahoo movies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2007 11:12pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'unno, it doesn't look like a really effective system... and why the Hell do they put their hands behind their heads while elbowing?

But as long as they're not claiming anything false, let them do head-grab elbows.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast