Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 10:42pm

Style: .45ACP & Confusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KaneElson
    Yeah I realised that alot of people have mini-armories at home but it just kind of scares me to think that people walk around in public with guns under their jackets.

We have alot of exemptions to carrying knives such as being able to carry a undetectable knife for the purposes of food preperation or if it is used for sport or ceremony.
    Nothing to be scared of. There have been multiple studies done that show that an armed citizenry reduces crime. Also, according to state statistics people who are licensed to carry a sidearm almost never commit crimes, and actually prevent a lot of crimes. In America one of the first states that authorized concealed carry was Florida. All of the anti gun people claimed that people would be shooting each other like crazy. But when the law was enacted this just did not happen. Crime actually went down, including firearm crimes. Criminals know that people are armed, so the criminals are less likely to **** with people. Once other states in America realized the benefits of allowing their citizens to carry they started doing the same. Almost ever state in America allows their citizens to carry, some without a license. I don’t mean to be rude, but I think your fear is unfounded and more rooted in the fear of the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by syberia
    In case you use the whole two magazines on the attacking hoards?? Lol, sorry. I've never really lived in a shitty area so i dont really get it. I've shot weapons before, on the range, and appreciate that people use them to hunt etc...

But i definatly think they should be licsenced, something you dissagree with?? I dont know what the second Amendment is...
    I also think that you should be able to prove that you know how to use a weapon before said liscence is issued.
    The 2nd Amendment is part of the American Constitution (Bill of Rights) that says that Americans are allowed to bare arms. It is actually illegal for states to force us to get a license, but they get away with it because most people don’t stand up for their rights.
    The states that don’t require a license actually have lower crime rates.
    The only people that gun laws affect are law abiding citizens. Criminals are just that, criminals, they aren’t going to follow gun laws. Gun laws just hurt law abiding citizens.

poser

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 10:48pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't bring that 2nd Amendment bullshit into this. It says quite plainly "in a well regulated milita," i.e. not the average joe.

Keep it on your lap maybe?

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 10:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Jubo NOOB, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMH
    Nothing to be scared of. There have been multiple studies done that show that an armed citizenry reduces crime. Also, according to state statistics people who are licensed to carry a sidearm almost never commit crimes, and actually prevent a lot of crimes. In America one of the first states that authorized concealed carry was Florida. All of the anti gun people claimed that people would be shooting each other like crazy. But when the law was enacted this just did not happen. Crime actually went down, including firearm crimes. Criminals know that people are armed, so the criminals are less likely to **** with people. Once other states in America realized the benefits of allowing their citizens to carry they started doing the same. Almost ever state in America allows their citizens to carry, some without a license. I don’t mean to be rude, but I think your fear is unfounded and more rooted in the fear of the unknown.

The 2nd Amendment is part of the American Constitution (Bill of Rights) that says that Americans are allowed to bare arms. It is actually illegal for states to force us to get a license, but they get away with it because most people don’t stand up for their rights.
    The states that don’t require a license actually have lower crime rates.
    The only people that gun laws affect are law abiding citizens. Criminals are just that, criminals, they aren’t going to follow gun laws. Gun laws just hurt law abiding citizens.
    If i didn't have to go to my Physics Lab i'd come up with some sort of witty, eloquent reply. Basically- Fair enough, if your constitution says you can bare arms then the states shouldn't **** with it (i hate politics). As for liscences, true- ciriminals dont follow law. But on the upside, it one more law to get them on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 10:51pm

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm all for concealed carry, but always carrying 2 spare mags?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 10:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    Don't bring that 2nd Amendment bullshit into this. It says quite plainly "in a well regulated milita," i.e. not the average joe.

Keep it on your lap maybe?
    Federal law 10 USC 311
    a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied
    males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section
    313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a
    declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States
    and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the
    National Guard.
    (b) The classes of the militia are -
    (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard
    and the Naval Militia; and
    (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of
    the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the
    Naval Militia.

:owneddanc

I don’t like the lap idea, cold steel and testicles are not a good combo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 11:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesinger
    I'm all for concealed carry, but always carrying 2 spare mags?
    What happens if I run out of ammo and the ninjers keep coming?

Seriously though, the extra weight on the other side of my gun belt keeps things balanced. An unbalance gun belt can really jack up your lower back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 11:02pm

Style: Peace

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems like to me that you are trying to overcome the flooding of your country with firearms by flooding it with even more firearms.

Wow we had about 50 firearm homicides in 2001 http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/cfi/cfi066.html
    Australia has always had tougher gun laws than the USA, despite its own frontier history and its cultural similarities to the United States. In 2003-04 (financial year) in Australia, 53 out of 305 homicides involved the use of firearms (17%) [1], while in the United States the number for 2004 was 10,654 out of a total of 16,138 homicides (66%) [2]. It is useful to note that, excluding murders by firearm, that the USA still has a much higher rate than Australia (252 from 20 million versus 5,484 out of 278 million, equating to approximately double the rate of Australia).
    After we had a 35 people killed in tasmania the government enacted a gun buy back scheme and gun crime dropped 30% the following year.

poser

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 11:06pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMH
    Federal law 10 USC 311
    a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied
    males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section
    313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a
    declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States
    and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the
    National Guard.
    (b) The classes of the militia are -
    (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard
    and the Naval Militia; and
    (2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of
    the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the
    Naval Militia.

:owneddanc

I don’t like the lap idea, cold steel and testicles are not a good combo.
    Are you sure that law is still in force? If that were true, that would mean that, theoretically, the government would be able to conscript anyone at any time by considering them part of the "unorganized militia." It's really up to the Supreme Court to decide what the constitution means by "well-regulated militia," and from the looks of things it seems that the "unorganized milita" isn't considered "well-regulated."

I'm all for owning guns. I just think that having licenses is a necessary safety measure. If you're using it for self-defense, who cares whether you have a license or not? The honest man has nothing to fear. And besides, the states make money off of registration fees.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 11:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course we have more firearm deaths in America, we have more guns, and neighborhoods with a lot of swimming pools have more drowning deaths.
    The benefits out way the cons in my opinion.
    America has had gun buy back programs. For what ever reason they did not share the same result that you had.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 11:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it is still a valid law; feel free to look it up. I disagree about the licensing, but we may have to agree to disagree. Thanks for the spirited comments. Good night.
    :new_sleep
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast