Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 8:12pm

Style: .45ACP & Confusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ever get caught with your pants down?

First off – This is a serious post; I have done my best to articulate myself with tact.

My primary carry weapon is a .45ACP. I carry strong side IWB, and carry 2 extra mags on my weak side. When I use a public latrine and have to….umh…”sit down”, I always struggle with what I should do with my weapon. When in a public latrine you can always see the other people feet (and their pants around their feet) in the stall, so I figure it is safe to say that someone could see my carry rig when my pants are down.

This is bad because for 1 in Oklahoma you must always keep the weapon out of sight to stay legal, and 2 because it is just bad juju to let a potential aggressor know that you are armed.

What I have been doing is just prior to pulling down my pants I un-holster my weapon, then when my pants are down I place the weapon in my underwear.

Has any body ever given any thought about this?

What do you do?
    :new_2guns

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 9:10pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unholster, make sure safety's on, put on the toilet paper dispenser, do your business, remember to take it with you afterwards.

...although I seriously doubt anyone would bust you for that particular situation.
    Last edited by ysc87; 9/02/2007 9:45pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 9:27pm

Style: Peace

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you do to need a gun and two spare mags with you at all times? That just seems insane to a foreigner like me. I guess it's just confusing because I haven't grown up in america with the huge gun culture you are famous for.

I'm not trying to troll here it seriously amazed me to hear that you carry that much firepower around on your body.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 9:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its in case the Ninjas attack...

Sorry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 10:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysc87
    put on the toilet paper dispenser
    I have done this before. However not all stalls have a dispenser, some just have the roll bolted to the wall. Sometimes I will put the weapon on the baby changing station if the stall has one.

Quote Originally Posted by KaneElson
    What do you do to need a gun and two spare mags with you at all times?
    Like you said, its part of the culture, especially in this part of the country. Nearly everyone I know carries a sidearm. This is the wild - wild west I quess.
    I am prior military and currently work as a civilian for the Department of Defense, I am used to being around weapons.
    I live in a high crime area, a lot of gang bangers and drug addicts. I would rather have a sidearm and not need it than need it and not have it.
    If you think that this is a lot of fire power than you would have a heart attack if you saw what I have in my house.

:qright5:

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 10:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so you can carry whatever you want as long as no-one sees it??
    I dont even think i'm allowed a concealed knife. Pity. Because i like my knife.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 10:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You cant judo chop a bullet. :evil:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 10:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia
    so you can carry whatever you want as long as no-one sees it??
    I dont even think i'm allowed a concealed knife. Pity. Because i like my knife.
    A state issued license is required to carry a concealed pistol. (Which is BS, the 2nd Amendment should suffice). Even with the license you must follow certain rules, keeping it hidden is one of them.
    A completely different set of laws govern knives, but I also carry a knife, just a small one though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 10:21pm

Style: Peace

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I realised that alot of people have mini-armories at home but it just kind of scares me to think that people walk around in public with guns under their jackets.

We have alot of exemptions to carrying knives such as being able to carry a undetectable knife for the purposes of food preperation or if it is used for sport or ceremony.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 10:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMH
    A state issued license is required to carry a concealed pistol. (Which is BS, the 2nd Amendment should suffice). Even with the license you must follow certain rules, keeping it hidden is one of them.
    A completely different set of laws govern knives, but I also carry a knife, just a small one though.
    In case you use the whole two magazines on the attacking hoards?? Lol, sorry. I've never really lived in a shitty area so i dont really get it. I've shot weapons before, on the range, and appreciate that people use them to hunt etc...

But i definatly think they should be licsenced, something you dissagree with?? I dont know what the second Amendment is...
    I also think that you should be able to prove that you know how to use a weapon before said liscence is issued.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast