Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 8:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the subject of whether Housman told the truth or not, I'm not sure it matters. Shooting a gun into the air just to get rid of a couple of punks in your driveway could bring those charges. If he did fire into the windshield, it should have left a bullet hole if the round penetrated or a round divot if it didn't. It would be very unlikely just to crack it with no evidence of the slug left behind. We're probably not talking about a windshiled that was hit and shattered and fell into the car in a thousand pieces, here. Windshields are VERY tough laminate and it takes a lot more force than a bullet can deliver to do that in most cases. Hollywood uses sugar panes to make it happen.

And again, it doesn't matter. If he shot the windshield and only the windshield took damage, somehow, then he committed the same act, legally speaking, as he would by shooting in the air. Recklessly firing a firearm inside city limits is going to get you into trouble, and touching one off to scare someone probably will, too. His best hope would have been if the cops had believed that he was defending himself and did not participate in escalating the encounter . . . . but it doesn't sound like they bought that.
    Which direction he chose to bust a cap doesn't really matter; it was the wrong thing to do, period.

It's not bullshido, though.
    Last edited by Don Gwinn; 1/11/2008 8:17pm at .

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 2:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are correct. It is not bullshito and is off subject . Just an update on Mr. Housman.

Posted On:
    1/13/2008 12:28am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The incident is relevant if Mr. Housman attempts to teach self defense. It appears he badly mismanaged that situation.

Posted On:
    1/13/2008 8:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont' teach what you don't live.
    Live it or forget it.
    It is not a suggestion it is a way of life.

mmarteaga said it best: "He will fill his students with false confidence and they will get destroyed in a real match. As for the challenge, when I visited I did workout with the students. I am out of practice and extremely out of shape but submitted all 3 students I faced. I'm not saying that these kids don't have potential I'm just saying that I feel bad that they are searching for something they will not and can not find with Don."

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 1:54am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judah Maccabee
    Rokkusan = 6 3?

Roku = 6

San = 3
    Could also be Mr. Six.

Wow.

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 2:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I "trained" with Don for about two months and I think he's a joke. The biggest alarm to me that he was not a real instructor (like my karate sensei growing up) was how he would brag to his students about getting in street fights. He's also real into showing you cheap shots like grabbing the collar bone, ear boxing, kneeing guys in the groin on a take down,etc. This seems against a moral code that is needed when teaching martial arts. When Don shows you a real BJJ move he doesn't even know any of the correct names (Americana, Kimura, Omplata) and he is probably showing you wrong. Don rolled with another "student" once and was dead tired after a minute and a half. My Question is simply how Don could have all these high rank black belts and have any time to give free lessons to anyone who stops by? To be a fifth degree black belt in any martial art you would have to be totally dedicated to it. He would have his own dojo. Where is any dojo he ever trained ninjitsu at in Galesburg? None of the students that train with him take him seriously. It is obvious he is full of ****. The classes he runs are so easy. A small amount of cardio, maybe three sets of kicks, and then he shows you moves on the mat (that are totally out off the context of a real fight/match) and very rarely you roll at the end. Anyone who has ever met Don can see through him. He is a bad instructor. He never stays on topic. He is not worth anyone's time to either bitch about or train with.

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 3:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks JoeJack for confirming what we all know. By the way all charges against Mr. Housman were dropped in the shooting incident. I am sure this is not the last time we have read of Mr. Housman on the criminal docket.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567