9/06/2007 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisbulldog
    My concern again is that he is working in and around kids,
    Gross.
    By the way, the reason that's set apart as a quote is that I surrounded it with quote tags, like this:
    (quote=illinoisbulldog)My concern again is that he is working in and around kids,(/quote)

Just get rid of the parentheses and replace them with brackets like these: [ ]
    Your first post read like you were making the claims, not Housman, until I was halfway through it.

Galesburg is very close to the Quad Cities indeed. It's a nice road trip from my area, too, and it has one of the greatest gun shops evar. Hmmm.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 7:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently the "King of the Streets" is held in Acapulco, Mexico.

Straight off the plane, Don Housman faced a 400 pound guy in the first round and beat him in 47 seconds by breaking his nose and a knee strike.

In the second round he couldn't execute an arm bar, so he "head butted" the guy six to eight times, into submission. In the final round he beat a Ukrainian named Vladimir Taldeski of Ukraine. Quoting a story:

"After five minutes of brutal exchanges, Housman grabbed Taldeski by the hair and drove his opponents head into his knee until Taldeski had enough and quit at 5:40."

This and more stuff here:

http://www.registermail.com/stories/...9CVQ.GID.shtml
    Last edited by MouthBoxer; 9/06/2007 7:51pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 8:00pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MouthBoxer
    Apparently the "King of the Streets" is held in Acapulco, Mexico.

Straight off the plane, Don Housman faced a 400 pound guy in the first round and beat him in 47 seconds by breaking his nose and a knee strike.

In the second round he couldn't execute an arm bar, so he "head butted" the guy six to eight times, into submission. In the final round he beat a Ukrainian named Vladimir Taldeski of Ukraine. Quoting a story:

"After five minutes of brutal exchanges, Housman grabbed Taldeski by the hair and drove his opponents head into his knee until Taldeski had enough and quit at 5:40."

This and more stuff here:

http://www.registermail.com/stories/...9CVQ.GID.shtml
    This article appears to be written based on what Housman told the reporter -- I e-mailed the reporter to see if he has any verfication for the facts in the story.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 10:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing comes up about this Vladimir guy either...interesting...but not surprising.
    You have to realize that Galesburg is a small town, this story was hand fed. And even more surprising...HOUSMAN SHOWED NO BRUISES, MARKS or SIGNS of being in several NHB fights according to one former "student"...I'm learning more...but it's taking some time.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 11:47pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This website for gyms has GYAC listed, with a mention of Housman:

http://www.boxinggyms.com/addresses/illinois.htm

Carlos Duncan is a certified level IV coach with USA Boxing and
    also is a Certified Official. Don Housman is also certified Martial
    Arts instructor. Special Classes can be set-up by appointment.
    The register-mail article says that Housman has an undefeated amateur boxing record. Further, it looks like the sole source for the claim of winning the Acapulco "King of the Streets" is the boxing instructor, according to this other article:

http://register-mail.com/stories/060...68H4.GID.shtml

Housman wins King of the Streets

Saturday, June 2, 2007

ACAPULCO, Mexico - Galesburg Youth Athletic Club martial arts instructor Don Housman claimed the King of the Streets eight-man superheavyweight no holds barred tournament in Acapulco, Mexico last Friday.

According to GYAC director Carlos Duncan, event organizers picked Housman up from the airport on Friday and told him they had to hurry. Housman had been told the tournament began Saturday, but the organizers told him he had less than three hours before the start of the competition.

Housman won his first match by knockout in 47 seconds, beat his second opponent in 4:38 by tap out and won the championship match over Vladimir Taldeski of the Ukraine in 5:40 by tap out.
    Looks like the boxing coach may be a good person to talk to in regards to this matter.

I notice that a Ph.D is not mentioned in any of the newspaper articles. A fighter with a doctorate isn't exactly common.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 7:32am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could we all agree that a number for the promoter or the organization he just won this title from should be pretty easy to cough up then?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 7:44am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey everyone guess what else I just found...a supposed link to the "King of the Streets" promotion. But this says it's in Texas...anyone notice an eery similarity with the mispellings? ha ha

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=185968302

Smells like total bullshido. My take? This guy has not only made up a bunch of stuff about his supposed martial arts experience, but he has created a make believe promotion and bought himself a belt too...

SAD.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 9:24am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Galesburg.

Isn't that the Swedish culty colony thingy?

Fuckin' swedes.

Sorry mom.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 4:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is not going well for Mr. Housman so far. Soon it will be time to invite him to comment here. Then either all this will come to a screeching halt, or hilarity will ensue.

The Register-Mail article describes him as a conditioning monster. The photos depict him as--to put it delicately--a man with a Don Gwinn body type. More Pooh than Grizzly, shall we say? Yes.
    Anyway, I don't see how he can weigh 300 at 6'1" and look like that. 300 is my current goal; I left it far behind awhile back. However, he appears from those two small photos to be carrying significantly more fat than I am.

Nobody but an absolute genetic freak could be as fat as I am and be well conditioned for MMA. It's not possible, which is why I have to lose the fat.

Check out the picture of him kicking to see what I mean. If that guy's within 10 pounds of 300 I'll eat a rice cake.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 9/11/2007 10:16am at . Reason: 1st post (1st paragraph) was useless but amusing so I kept it in the thread this way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 4:59pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His english skills are... poor, at best. Although, his phd is in theology, so it's probably from some sort of diploma mill (Hovind style).
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast